|Created by||Andrew Lavery (characters)|
|Directed by||Ben Marsaud|
|Country of origin||
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||52 (list of episodes)|
|Running time||11 minutes|
|Distributor||Tricon Films & Television|
|Original release||12 May 2016 – present|
Counterfeit Cat is a British-Canadian animated television series produced by Wildseed Kids for Teletoon and Disney XD. The series first aired on Disney XD in the United Kingdom on May 12, 2016. In the United States, the first episode aired on Disney XD as a sneak preview on May 31, 2016 and officially on June 20, 2016. In Canada, it premiered on November 1, 2016.
The series revolves around the adventures and friendship of Max (Marc Wootton), a lazy housecat, and Gark (Alex Kelly), an alien who disguises himself in an purple knitted cat costume to blend in. Gark crashed his spaceship on Earth, landing in the laundry room of Betty (Kayvan Novak), a klutzy yet kind old woman who is Max's owner. Gark believes that Max is a tiger, the bravest species on Earth, despite Max's cowardice. The two often find themselves in surreal and dangerous situations due to Gark's unstable, bizarre powers, which Max often uses to his own advantage without thinking of the consequences.
- Max (voiced by Marc Wootton, full name "Maximillian Fluffybottom III) is a lazy, selfish house-cat that is pampered by Betty.
- Gark (voiced by Alex Kelly) is an naive 9-year old alien disguised as a purple knitted cat costume to blend in. He often use his powers for Max (If he needs help).
- Betty (voiced by Kayvan Novak) is an elderly old woman who owns Max and Gark. In "Jackson 5", She is revealed that she had Jackson and Max (before Gark came to earth) when she was younger.
- Staring Dog is a dog with big eyes and greyish brown fur, he constantly stares at Max which makes him uncomfortable and frightened. He made his debut of the episode of the same name. And he made a cameo in the episode "Bin Juice".
- Throckmorton (voiced by Kayvan Novak) is the artificial intelligence of Gark's ship, he is overprotective of Gark and hates Max.
- Ranceford (voiced by Katherine Ryan) is a white, odd-eyed cat. Like the other animals, she prefers Gark over Max.
- Nelson (also voiced by Katherine Ryan) is a dumb and overweight green pigeon.
- The Kid (voiced by Kyle Soller) is a squirrel that lives in the park next to Betty's apartment.
- Anton (also voiced by Kyle Soller) is a green dog with black hair. In his first appearance he is a bully to Max, but in later episodes isn't a threat.
- Chico (voiced by Sandra Dickinson) is a bounty hunter disguised as a puppy. She made her debut in "Wart Attack" and she is known as an antagonist.
- Zaxos (also voiced by Sandra Dickinson) is a Wartian bounty hunter set out to capture Gark along with Chico. She made her debut in "Wart Attack" and known as an antagonist.
- Jackson (voiced by Kyle Soller) is an light green, street, ear teared, one legged cat. He was Betty's other cat before Gark crash-landed on Earth. He keeps dying and coming back from the dead, he blames Max for his deaths and tries to kill him. He made his debut in "Jackson 5" and also known as an antagonist.
The designs for the show were provided by Antoine Birot and Raphael Chabassol based on original designs by Nick Edwards. The series is directed by Ben Marsaud and produced by Sarah Mattingly. The first season will consist of 52 full-length episodes and 11 two-minute shorts. It is the first ever Disney XD series to be partnered up with Aardman Animations. Aardman is also known for Wallace & Gromit, Shaun the Sheep, Chicken Run and as well as Canimals and commonly Rex the Runt. It is also the first Aardman series to use traditional animation instead of stop motion.
The score for the series is provided by Alex Greggs (Bedtracks Inc. is also involved of composing the series). The theme for the series is making it science fiction is by using hip-hop, dubstep SFX music effects. Sometimes dramatic music would also work for the score.
The animation services for the series is handled by Atomic Cartoons. The animation company also been known for Rocket Monkeys, Atomic Betty, Captain Flamingo and as well currently as the sixth season of Max & Ruby and Angry Birds Toons.
Counterfeit Cat had it's premiere on May 12, 2016 with the episode, "Bin Juice" and "Where Do All The Cat Toys Go?" in the United Kingdom on Disney XD. In Canada, more episodes are remaining airing on Teletoon, But never released in UK or the US as the series sometimes moves to Canada. The episode, "Merry Christmax" the Canadian or the British release date for the episode is "yet to be revealed".
- Bedtracks Bedtracks Music and SFX to be Heard in Disney XD's New Animated Series
- Wildseed, Tricon to Co-Produced 'Counterfeit Cat'
- Bleeding Cool Aardman And Disney Teaming Up For Counterfeit Cat
- Wildseed Studios Counterfeit Cat Launching on Disney XD
- Twitter Twitter post regarding preview airdate
- Animation World Network 'Counterfeit Cat' Bounds into the U.S. on Disney XD
- Wildseed Studios Counterfeit Cat