Inspector Gadget (2015 TV series)
|Theme music composer||
|Opening theme||"Inspector Gadget"|
|Country of origin||
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||26|
|Running time||22 minutes|
|Production company(s)||DHX Media|
|Picture format||1080i (HDTV)|
|First shown in||France|
|Original release||January 3, 2015 – present|
|Preceded by||Inspector Gadget|
Inspector Gadget is a Canadian-American CGI-animated television series produced by DHX Media. It is a sequel to the original series, which aired from 1983 to 1986. The show was announced on June 11, 2013, with 26 episodes. The show debuted on January 3, 2015 on Boomerang in France and officially premiered on Teletoon in Canada on September 7, 2015.
When Dr. Claw is thawed out of an iceberg and reactivates MAD, Inspector Gadget is brought out of retirement and is back on the beat to stop Claw once again, but this time, with Penny and Brain officially by his side. A new character in this series is Dr. Claw's nephew, Talon, on whom Penny has a crush. The series is more comical than the original with Dr. Claw being portrayed as less sinister than before.
Cast and characters
- Inspector Gadget - He is still the same unintelligent, gullible, clueless, and incompetent cyborg he was before, but now he's accompanied by Penny on his missions. As always, he continues to mistake himself as the hero when an episode's events have been dealt with, even though he did nothing at all. He still doesn't listen to Penny and does what he wants instead, even though she's his new assistant. Gadget is noticeably more egotistical and more of a glory hog than he was in the original series, in fact, this is the reason his ex partner quit working for him. He also has a new Gadget Mobile (since the old one turned to dust after he repeatedly jinxed its condition), which is snug and more efficient that the previous. (voiced by Ivan Sherry).
- Penny Brown - Penny is Inspector Gadget's niece, an agent in training. She is brave, clever and willing to fight villains. Her only weakness is Talon, Dr. Claw's handsome nephew. But even though she loves him she never lets him get away with his and his uncle's evil plans. Since episode two she hides her feelings very well and ignores every one of his attempts to impress her. Unlike other Inspector Gadget productions, she now joins Gadget in his assignments and despite the title, she is the protagonist. Penny is still the one who really saves the day but still never gets any recognition for it and her uncle is still given the praise for solving each case although he did nothing at all. Penny also acts like a normal teenage girl when she's not on duty. Her computer book and watch have been replaced with a holographic tablet called the codex. In International versions she is called Sophie. (voiced by Tara Strong).
- Brain - Brain is Penny's dog, best friend and her sidekick and he always accompanies her to every mission. As always, he is a master of disguise and usually Gadget mistakes him for a MAD-Agent and tries to apprehend him (even when Brain is attempting to save him or when Penny tries to tell him it's really Brain). In International versions called Fino. (voiced by Scott McCord).
- Chief Quimby - Chief Quimby is the leader of the HQ and always gets Gadget and Penny their missions. To manage this, he always appears at the strangest places. This time, instead of paper, his self destructing messages are now holographic. He now wears glasses and a coat and his hair is blonde instead of brown. He is a lot more patient than he was before. In the International versions he is named Chief Gontier (voiced by Derek McGrath).
- Dr. Claw - As always, he wants to take over the world and destroy Gadget. This time he has help from his nephew Talon, who rescued him in the first episode. As always, his face is never shown (but his torso does appear now and then). His full name is revealed to be "Irving Thelonious Claw, Jr." In the German version he's called Dr. (Boris) Kralle, in the French one he is called Dr. Gang (voiced by Martin Roach).
- Talon Scolex - The new character, Talon is Dr. Claw's evil nephew who rescued him in the first episode. He is clever, handsome and manipulative. He's aware of his handsomeness and knows how to apply it. He secretly is in love with Penny, but they cannot be together because they're enemies. In each possible situation he wants to impress Penny, but she ignores him, despite her feelings. He is always arguing with his uncle because he considers his plans to be rather old fashioned (although there's really nothing wrong with that) or just ridiculous, which is true - example being the stink missile that needed Claw's claw to activate and a countdown that allowed its destruction by the Gadgets. His uncle always blames him when his plans fail, even when it's not Talon's fault - there are even situations, when Claw blames Talon for something his nephew has warned him of. Although he does everything to impress his uncle, he isn't treated very well by him. In the German version he is named Titus, in the French One he is called Tristan. (voiced by Lyon Smith).
- Professor Von Slickstein - He is portrayed as a young man, rather than a man in his late 60's in the original series. In the German version he is named Professor Rotoskop. (voiced by Scott McCord).
- Kayla - Penny's best friend, another new character and a fellow agent in training. Her cheerful and positive personality is only matched by her gift for Gab, her motor mouth is strong enough to cripple even the toughest MAD-goon. In the German version she's called Karla. (voiced by Katie Griffin).
- MAD Cat - Unlike Dr. Claw's previous MAD Cats, this one is female. She is spoiled by Dr. Claw and shares a feud with Talon.
- Dr. Claw's Mom - She appeared in a few episodes. Like Dr. Claw, her face is never seen, but her torso does appear now and then.
|No.||Title||Directed by||Written by||U.S. air date||Canadian air date|
|1||"Gadget 2.0 Part I / Gadget 2.0 Part II"||William Gordon|
|Doug Hadders & Adam Rotstein||March 27, 2015||September 7, 2015|
Part 1-Inspector Gadget has finally defeated the cruel Dr. Claw and frozen him in an iceberg in the Arctic north. However, his evil nephew Talon thaws him out and infiltrates HQ, posing as an agent in training. Meanwhile, Penny has become an agent in training and now has Brain as her assistant. The Chief then calls her to meet Talon, who is the agency's new recruit and Penny instantly falls in love with him.Part 2-When Penny finds out Claw is back, she decides to put her Uncle Gadget back on the beat to find Claw's claw, because he's going to use it to destroy HQ. When Talon reveals his true intentions after finding out where Claw's claw is, it's now up to Penny to stop MAD, with help from the amazing Inspector Gadget of course.
|2a||"Towering Towers"||Pedram||Doug Hadders & Adam Rotstein||March 27, 2015||TBA|
|Claw is planning to take control of a large skyscraper and use it to hijack global communication. Penny and the Inspector are sent to stop him and Talon from corrupting the building.|
|2b||"Game Over, Man"||Pedram||Doug Hadders & Adam Rotstein||March 27, 2015||TBA|
|Gadget is called to investigate when astronauts go missing from the Multi-National Space Station.|
|3a||"Rock Out"||William Gordon||Doug Hadders & Adam Rotstein||March 27, 2015||TBA|
|Gadget & Penny are sent to guard international pop star whistler, Nigel Saint De' Le-pepperton III Esquire IV, who is performing in town. Talon has a plan to kidnap him and make the audience his evil army. Talon disguises himself as Nigel and uses a special microphone to brainwash the audience.|
|3b||"Strike a Pose"||William Gordon||David Dias||March 27, 2015||TBA|
|Dr. Von Slickstein is escorted by Gadget, Penny and Brain to the technology fashion show to protect MAD from stealing his presentation ahead of time.|
|4a||"A Better Class of MAD"||Pedram||Andrew Harrison||March 27, 2015||TBA|
|Dr. Claw is sent to teach a school of MAD agents and teach them to become more evil.|
|4b||"Cough Due to Claw"||William Gordon||Doug Hadders & Adam Rotstein||March 27, 2015||TBA|
|When Gadget comes down with the flu Penny must go solo and investigate a series thefts of museum artifacts.|
|5a||"Dog Show Days Are Over"||Pedram||Emer Connon||March 27, 2015||TBA|
|Dr. Claw plans to kidnap all the dogs from a dog show.|
|5b||"One Bad Apple"||William Gordon||Shawn Kalb||March 27, 2015||TBA|
|MAD develops a growth serum for plants and attempts to create an army of mutated apples.|
|6a||"Sucks Like MAD"||Pedram||Alice Prodanou||March 27, 2015||November 16, 2015|
|Claw tries to steal the most powerful vacuum ever.|
|6b||"A Claw for Talon"||William Gordon||Andrew Harrison||March 27, 2015||November 16, 2015|
|Talon goes to get Claw's first claw to make himself equally powerful.|
|7a||"Gadget's Da Bomb"||Pedram||David Dias||March 27, 2015||October 5, 2015|
|Thanks to Talon Gadget becomes a walking bomb and Penny must keep him from detonating.|
|7b||"Gadget Management"||William Gordon||Shawn Kalb||March 27, 2015||October 5, 2015|
|Gadget and Penny attend a MAD employee conference.|
|8a||"Diamonds are a MAD's Best Friend"||Pedram||Doug Hadders & Adam Rotstein||March 27, 2015||November 30, 2015|
|Dr. Claw seeks a city of diamonds so he can power his laser and carve his name into the moon.|
|8b||"Ticked Off"||William Gordon||Evan Thaler Hickey||March 27, 2015||November 30, 2015|
|The Cuckoo Clock Maker develops a ray that freezes time and gadget must stop him from freezing everyone at a world leaders summit.|
|9a||"You Know the Drill"||Phillip Stamp||Shawn Kalb||March 27, 2015||September 28, 2015|
|In order to warm his lair Claw plans to drill into the Earth's crust. Meanwhile Gadget is the center of attention at a town's annual Inspector Gadget Day.|
|9b||"Operation HQ Reunion"||William Gordon||Emer Connon||March 27, 2015||September 28, 2015|
|During Gadget's high school reunion, an old partner of his is sent by Claw to freeze him and the rest of HQ. The reason she started working for MAD is because Gadget took credit for all her hard work and she tries to manipulate Penny into joining the dark side, but Penny is totally oblivious to this.|
|10a||"A Hole in One"||Phillip Stamp||Alice Prodanou||March 27, 2015||September 21, 2015|
|Using special doughnuts Dr. Claw's mother plans to put all of Metro City to sleep.|
|10b||"Operation Hocus Pocus"||William Gordon||Sean Jara||March 27, 2015||September 21, 2015|
|The MADgician is broken out of an asylum and plots his revenge against Gadget.|
|11a||"MAD Carpet Ride"||Phillip Stamp||Andrew Harrison||March 27, 2015||TBA|
|MAD tries to steal Sir Owen Barnstormer's Ultrablimp during an around the world trip.|
|11b||"Appy Days"||William Gordon||Andrew Harrison||March 27, 2015||TBA|
|MAD takes over SuperNerd Studios and plans to use a new app to enslave the entire world.|
|12a||"Colliderscope"||Phillip Stamp||Evan Thaler Hickey||March 27, 2015||November 9, 2015|
|Talon and Penny get trapped in a time loop during a mission at the Big Quark Collider.|
|12b||"She Got Dangerous Game"||William Gordon||Emer Connon||March 27, 2015||November 9, 2015|
|After Gadget is ordered to go on vacation MADison Bon Trapp attempts to capture him.|
|13a||"My Gadget Will Go On"||Phillip Stamp||Shawn Kalb||March 27, 2015||TBA|
|After Dr. Claw's new submarine sinks Gadget and Talon race to retrieve it from the bottom of the ocean.|
|13b||"The Gadgetator"||William Gordon||Craig Martin||March 27, 2015||TBA|
|When MAD targets luchador El Pacho Gadget must protect the champion's belt.|
|14a||"Head Case"||Phillip Stamp||Alice Prodanou||March 27, 2015||TBA|
|MAD discovers a artifact related to Easter Island and Gadget must stop them from using its mysterious powers.|
|14b||"Start Your Gadgets"||William Gordon||Shawn Kalb||March 27, 2015||TBA|
|At the La Zoom car race Claw, Talon, Gadget, Penny and MAD agent Jacques Crankcase all compete for first place.|
|15a||"Mind over MADder"||David Watson||Sean Cullen||March 27, 2015||October 19, 2015|
|Gadget and talon race to claim the Helmet of Though from a Himalayan monastery.|
|15b||"Train-ing Day"||William Gordon||Dave Dias (story) & Evan Thaler Hickey||March 27, 2015||October 19, 2015|
|MAD plans to steal Sir Owen Barnstormer's new hover train.|
|16a||"Ice, Ice Yeti"||David Watson||Andrew Harrison||March 27, 2015||TBA|
|Talon plans to use an ice melting machine to melt the ice caps and raise the Earth's sea level.|
|16b||"MAD Soaker"||William Gordon||Andrew Anningson||March 27, 2015||TBA|
|Talon tries to steal the water from Loch Ness.|
|17a||"The Fountain of Cortez"||Derek Jessome||John Saltzman||August 29, 2015||September 14, 2015|
|The Chief and an archeologist are turned into babies from the fountain of youth.|
|17b||"Evil U"||William Gordon||Emer Connon||August 29, 2015||September 14, 2015|
|Penny infiltrates a school for super villains in training where she becomes friends with one of the students.|
|18a||"WereBrain of London"||David Watson||Evan Thaler Hickey||August 29, 2015||October 26, 2015|
|Brain is turned into a monster in London after Talon spills some sort of chemical on him.|
|18b||"Airhead to the Throne"||William Gordon||Laurie Elliot||August 29, 2015||October 26, 2015|
|With Claw out of town Talon takes over MAD and begins destroying communication towers.|
|19a||"Lost in the Lost City of Atlantis"||David Watson||Josh Saltzman||August 29, 2015||TBA|
|Penny and Talon both race to find the lost city of Atlantis.|
|19b||"A Penny Saved"||William Gordon||Andrew Anningson||August 29, 2015||TBA|
|Dr Claw attempts to steal the world's largest coin in order to hypnotize the population of New York.|
|20a||"Double O'Penny"||David Watson||Sean Jara||August 29, 2015||TBA|
|After almost getting killed by a missile, Penny finally calls Gadget out for his incompetence and always putting her in danger, but she is driven with guilt. Meanwhile, Talon and Claw create a clone of Penny to destroy Gadget.|
|20b||"We Heart Gadget"||William Gordon||Evan Thaler Hickey||August 29, 2015||TBA|
|Gadget and MAD agent Sue Donym go on a date, each trying to uncover secrets from the other.|
|21a||"Tiny Talon Time"||David Watson||Laurie Elliot||August 29, 2015||TBA|
|Talon shrinks himself in order to get information on HQ's computers.|
|21b||"Fellowsheep of the Ring"||William Gordon||Shawn Kalb||August 29, 2015||TBA|
|Everyone must go without technology when a tech nullifier is set up in New Zealand.|
|22a||"A Clawruption"||Derek Jessome||Emer Connon||August 29, 2015||TBA|
|MAD plans to cause a Hawaiian volcano to erupt to blot put the sun.|
|22b||"Forever MAD"||William Gordon||Sean Cullen||August 29, 2015||TBA|
|MAD sets out to create a Broadway show with the goal of ruining all musicals.|
|23a||"Beyond Gadgetdome"||David Watson||Shawn Kalb||August 29, 2015||October 26, 2015|
|MAD sets out to deface as many world landmarks as possible in a competition with Baron Von Steeltoe.|
|23b||"Brain Drain"||William Gordon||Emer Connon||August 29, 2015||October 26, 2015|
|In an attempt to steal HQ's command codes Talon switches MADcat and Brain's minds.|
|24a||"What Is... the MADtrix"||David Watson||Shawn Kalb||August 29, 2015||TBA|
|Penny and Gadget are trapped in HQ's Holoroom with Talon in control.|
|24b||"Most Extreme Gadget Challenge"||William Gordon||Josh Saltzman||August 29, 2015||TBA|
|Gadget enters a Japanese gameshow with MADcat as the host.|
|25a||"Pyramid Scheme"||David Watson||Emer Connon||August 29, 2015||TBA|
|Mad tries to sink the pyramids of Giza and Gadget must stop them.|
|25b||"Back to the MAD Future"||William Gordon||Sean Jara||August 29, 2015||TBA|
|Talon is sent back in time to help Dr. Claw become a better villain.|
|26a||"Tool Russia, With Love"||David Watson||Doug Hadders & Adam Rotstein||August 29, 2015||TBA|
|When MAD's latest mission in Siberia threatens to bring about a new ice-age, Gadget and Penny must team up with their Russian counterparts, Comrade Multi-Use-Tool and his niece Pasha.|
|26b||"Low Speed"||William Gordon||Doug Hadders & Adam Rotstein||August 29, 2015||TBA|
|As Gadget drives the HQ bus to an annual retreat Talon plants a booby trap on it.|
On December 4, 2014, it was announced that the Inspector Gadget would air on Boomerang's international channels in 2015. The series premiered on Boomerang in Australia on January 5, 2015. The show premiered on January 14 in the Middle East and Africa on the DStv network. The series premiered on Cartoon Network Arabic in the Middle East on March 6. The series premiered on Boomerang in the United Kingdom and Ireland on February 16. In the United States, the show was originally intended to air on Cartoon Network. However, on February 26, 2015, it was announced that it would instead be available exclusively through Netflix starting March 27, 2015.
Teletoon also produced five web games on its website:
- "Inspector Gadget". FilmAffinity. Retrieved November 25, 2016.
- "Inspector Gadget Reboot Tops Off TELETOON Canada's Latest Original Production Slate". Bell Media. Banff, Alberta. June 11, 2013. Retrieved February 16, 2015.
- "TELETOON Goes Back To Cool This Fall!" (Press release). Toronto: Corus Entertainment. September 3, 2015. Retrieved September 19, 2015.
- Raveleau, Alexandre (December 31, 2014). "Inspecteur Gadget: la nouvelle version débarque en janvier 2015". Toutelatele (in French). Retrieved September 19, 2015.
- "Inspector Gadget: Sucks Like MAD; Claw for Talon". Zap2it. Retrieved November 15, 2015.
- "Inspector Gadget: Gadget's Da Bomb; Gadget Management". Zap2it. Retrieved September 22, 2015.
- "Inspector Gadget: Diamonds are a MAD's Best Friend; Ticked Off". Zap2it. Retrieved November 15, 2015.
- "Inspector Gadget: You Know the Drill; Operation HQ Reunion". Zap2it. Retrieved September 22, 2015.
- "Inspector Gadget: Colliderscope; She Got Dangerous Game". Zap2it. Retrieved November 2, 2015.
- "Inspector Gadget: Mind Over Madder; Training Day". Zap2it. Retrieved September 22, 2015.
- "Inspector Gadget: WereBrian of London; Airhead to the Throne". Zap2it. Retrieved September 22, 2015.
- "Inspector Gadget: Beyond Gadgetdome; Brain Drain". Zap2it. Retrieved September 22, 2015.
- Munn, Patrick (December 4, 2014). "Boomerang Acquires 'Inspector Gadget' For EMEA, Latin America & Asia Pacific". TV Wise. Retrieved December 29, 2014.
- Higgins, D (January 5, 2015). "NEW THIS WEEK: Grimm, Pretty Little Liars, The 100, America's Next Top Model, People's Choice Awards, Hello Ladies: The Movie, 2015 AFC Asian Cup and live sport". Foxtel. Retrieved January 7, 2015.
- "Boomerang Channel: Go-Go-Gadget relaunch". Foxtel Insider. Foxtel. December 19, 2014. Retrieved September 18, 2015.
- Tizzle (January 1, 2015). "Who's that new familiar face?". DSTV. Multichoice. Retrieved February 16, 2015.
- (Press release) http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2z750p. Missing or empty
- "Boomerang and Cartoonito UK February 2015 Highlights". RegularCapital (Press release). Turner Broadcasting System Europe. January 15, 2015. Retrieved September 18, 2015.
- Lussier, Germain (February 25, 2015). "Netflix Will Air New Versions of 'Inspector Gadget' and 'Danger Mouse'". Slashfilm. Retrieved February 26, 2015.
- Persaud, Christine (March 25, 2015). "Go, Go, Gadget trailer! Netflix gives a first look at Inspector Gadget reboot". Digital Trends. Retrieved September 18, 2015.
- "Descent into MADness".
- "Go Go Gadget Jetpack".
- "Talons Take Over".
- "Go Go Gadget Mobile".
- "Super Spy Gauntlet".