Bad Dog (TV series)
|Directed by||Joseph Jacques|
|Country of origin||Canada|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||40 (list of episodes)|
Fox Kids (1998)|
Fox Family Channel (1998–2002)
|Original release||July 18, 1998 – December 14, 2000|
Bad Dog is a Canadian animated series produced by Saban Entertainment and CinéGroupe for the Teletoon and Fox Family Channel networks, first airing on Teletoon on March 1, 1999. The cartoon focused on the Potanski family and their dog Berkeley. The show's gimmick was that, whenever Berkeley was told that he was a bad dog, he would freeze and pretend to be dead until someone told him he was a good dog. This would happen in every episode.
The show was inspired by the After Dark screensaver "Bad Dog". The two dogs have a similar appearance, and the "Bad Dog" of the show is named Berkeley, a likely reference to Berkeley Systems, the creators of After Dark. The show was paired with another series called Monster Farm.
- Berkeley aka "Barky": The not-so-normal dog owned by the Potanski family who likes having adventures and always gets everyone into trouble. He appears to have a compulsion to obey every order he hears, including those that were not given to him. As a running gag, he passes out when he hears Bad Dog and wakes up when he hears Good Dog.
- "Little Vic" Potanski: The younger Potanski son. He loves Berkeley extremely.
- Penelope Potanski: The sole Potanski daughter. She likes her beauty, and also seems to have something of a penitent for the theatre.
- Trevor Potanski: The easily panicked genius older son with a like of playing chess. He wears glasses. He also has a large amount of allergies and phobias.
- Mr. and Mrs. Potanski: The parents of Vic, Penelope, and Trevor and the owners of Berkeley. Mr. Potanski is an inventor who owns a business called "Potanski's Top Of The Line", however all of his inventions backfire with disastrous results. Mrs. Potanski is a psychiatrist whose office is located in her house.
- Grandfather Potanski: The eldest Potanski. Once an astronaut, he likes watching space-related programs on TV and often mistakes everyone's name.
- Lester Johnson: Neighbor of the Potanskis who loves his cat named Special, but and hates Berkeley and calls him "The Beast Dog".
- Special: Lester Johnson's cat, who usually doesn't move and frequently sought out by Berkeley.
- Mrs. Simpkins: A frequent patient of Mrs. Potanski, who has a phobia of practically everything; her main phobia, however, appears to be of dogs.
- Harvey Atkin
- Sheila McCarthy
- John Stocker
- Amos Crawley
- Emilie Barlow
- Tracey Moore
- Robert Smith
- James Rankin
- Ron Rubin
- Richard Binsley
- Don Francks
- Michael Daingerfield as Professor Peerless
Season 1 (1998–1999)
- 1. Disobedience School Part 1 / Disobedience School Part 2
- The Potanski family must figure out why their dog, Berkeley, is acting weird / Mrs. Eva hypnotizes Berkeley to be a normal dog, not the crazy dog.
- 2. Beast Of Show / Trouble With Toto
- Berkeley joins Lester and Special in travel for the cat show / Penelope tries to get rid of Berkeley from the school performance about the Wizard from Oz.
- 3. Take Me Out Of The Ballgame / Potanskis Go Hollywood
- Mr. Potanski decides to put Berkeley, Trevor, Penelope and Trevor's friends into a baseball team / Mr. Potanski decides to put his family into a commercial.
- 4. Space Dog / Robo-Dog
- Berkeley and Grandfather Potanski accidentally go into outer space / The Potanski Family order a robot dog named Happyway 3000.
- 5. Berkeley Takes The Cake / Neighborhood Botch
- Penelope tries to hide her birthday cake from Berkeley / Berkeley stops two criminals from robbing the houses and kidnapping Special.
- 6. The Mild Bunch / Berkeley Smells A Rat
- Mr. Potanski takes Berkeley, Vic, Trevor and Trevor's friends as the scouts to the forest / Berkeley feels a rat inside the house.
- 7. Buckaroo Berkeley / Real Incredible Genius Dog
- Mr. Potanski wishes to ride on the bull called Jack Mallet / The Potanski family take Berkeley into a competition The Animal Geniuses.
- 8. Big Inflatable Dog / Berkeley Speaks Out
- Barry, Harry and Larry Vickers, who are the mayors of the three towns called Pleasantville, win the platform competition / Trevor creates the Trevortron 1000 for the science contest.
- 9. Bad Dad / They Came, They Saw, They Meowed
- Mr. Potanski becomes totally angry at Berkeley for making troubles at Vic's birthday / Berkeley takes a spacecat named Woods, who's the commandor of the cat invasion, to Vic.
- 10. Sick Puppy / Bad Dog To The Bone
- Mrs. Potanski hypnotizes Berkeley to don't be afraid of the vet / It's revealed the house of Potanskis is above the underground temple of the golden mole.
- 11. The Flying Potanskis / Burden Of Woof
- Penelope is excited to be a star of the circus, like Betty Bolinda / Mr. Johnson wants to get Berkeley to the jail for abducting Special.
- 12. A Dog For All Sneezens / If Bad Dog Had A Hammer
- Berkeley and Trevor have an allergy for dog shampoo, but it can be solved / Berkeley, Vic, Mr. Potanski and Trevor renovate Mrs. Potanski's room and instead they blow up the house.
- 13. Love Dog / Bad Dog Ate My Homework
- Grandfather Potanski misses his girlfriend / Berkeley tries to eat Penelope's science experiment.
- 14. Dogs Are People Too / Fire Dog
- Berkeley is once again hypnotized to be a normal dog / Berkeley, Mr. Potanski and Trevor become fire guards.
- 15. It’s A Zoo In Here / A Cat Of A Different Color
- Berkeley meets a depressed monkey / Berkeley and Vic decide to play with Special and Catsanova.
- 16. Til Dog Do Us Part / Psycho Dog
- Mrs. Simpkins and Walter get married / Mr. Johnson loses his voice.
- 17. Celebrity Spokesdog / Jurassic Bark
- Berkeley becomes famous at the dog cookies commercial / Berkeley and Vic want to see the Spodoraptors.
- 18. Bad Dog Overboard / Dr. Bad Dog’s 2½ Day Diet
- Berkeley, Vic, Mr. Potanski, Trevor and Grandfather Potanski go for a fishing competition / Berkeley tries to put Mr. Potanski into a diet.
- 19. Super Bad Dog / A Man’s Best Fred
- Berkeley becomes a superhero / Trevor becomes obsessed with a robot called Fred
- 20. If I Were A Bad Dog / Bad Night At The Opera
- Sally decides to change the roles of the Potanski family. / Berkeley joins his owners at the opera.
- 21. Bad Dog Imitates Art / No Bad Dogs Allowed
- Berkeley and Vic help Penelope for creating the portrait for art contest / After Berkeley becomes dirty, he's taken to the dog hairdresser for a bath.
- 22. Bad Therapy / Police Dog
- Berkeley, Vic, Mrs. Potanski and Grandfather Potanski help the elder people to be happy. / Berkeley becomes a policeman.
- 23. Bad Connection / Prison Dog
- Berkeley creates a tunnel what leads from his dog house to Mr. Johnson's house. / Berkeley helps two candy criminals escape from prison
- 24. Barky's Arky / Nightmare on Berkeley's Street
- Berkeley takes the animals for the Ark / Grandfather Potanski is having the nightmares
- 25. 101 Berkeleys / The Isle Of Bad Dog
- Trevor accidentally makes 101 Berkeleys and becomes scared for ruining the house, but it turns out to be a dream / Berkeley is mistaken for being a Jelekreb
- 26. Smiley Says ...Bad Dog / No Cure For A Bad Dog
- Berkeley and Vic want to be the stars of Smiley's show. / Mr. Potanski caught the hiccups after drinking the coke.
Season 2 (2000)
- 27. Badseat Driver / International Genius Dog (June 6, 2000)
- The Potanski family buys a new car / Berkeley once again goes to a competition the Genius animal
- 28. Bad Dog's Incredible Journey / Nurse Barky (February 2, 2000)
- On the way to the amusement park, Berkeley is left behind at the dog pound. Berkeley runs away and, while on his way to the amusement park, Berkeley stops the criminals and saves the life of a little kid. / Penelope fakes illness to get away from school.
- 29. One Bad Apple / Beauty and the Beast Dog (February 9, 2000)
- Berkeley goes into a kindergarten / Trevor seeks Berkeley's help in getting away from a crazy girl
- 30. Booty for Bad Dog / Dog Breath (February 9, 2000)
- Berkeley goes underwater, looking for treasure. / Berkeley's breath becomes stinky.
- 31. Safari Dog / Magic Dog (February 16, 2000)
- The Potanski family goes into safari park. / The Potanski family sees a show of a magician, Mr. Poteyton, but Berkeley reveals these all tricks are fake
- 32. Ye Olde Bad Dog / Bad Dogs and Englishmen (February 16, 2000)
- The Potanski family goes into a knight fair / Berkeley is taken away by the English family.
- 33. Dog-Napped / Bad Dog-Eared (February 23, 2000)
- Berkeley is abducted by two criminals. / Berkeley begins unhear all
- 34. Counting Sheep Dogs / Beauty Dog (February 23, 2000)
- Mr. Potanski is attacked by the unsleep. / Berkeley goes into a pageant
- 35. Wag the Bad Dog / Dog House Arrest (March 1, 2000)
- Berkeley joins his owners at the trip at Washington / Berkeley is grounded from going outside
- 36. Ding, Dong, Bad Dog Calling / Guard Dog (March 1, 2000)
- Berkeley and Vic try to give Mr. Johnson the chocolate bars. / Berkeley teaches himself from the TV how to be the guard dog.
- 37. A Super Bad Hair Day / Animal Magnetism (March 8, 2000)
- Berkeley makes the problems for a model / Berkeley eats a magnet.
- 38. Earth Dog / Good Lovin' Gone Bad Dog (March 8, 2000)
- At the Earth days, Mr. Potanski, Trevor and Grandfather Potanski try to get rid of this, but are stopped by Berkeley and Penelope. / Berkeley and Mrs. Simpkins are hypnotized for a love
- 39. A Very Berkeley Christmas / Doggy Detective (December 14, 2000)
- Vic wants to have Santa Claus as his Christmas gift / Berkeley investigates the thieves
- 40. Bad Blood is Thicker Than Water / They Came, They Saw, They Purred (May 3, 2000)
- Berkeley is reunited with his family. / The assistants of Woods try to get their leader back to their team.