Kong: King of the Apes
|Kong: King of the Apes|
|Genre||Animation, adventure, fantasy, drama|
|Country of origin||
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||13|
|Running time||22 minutes|
Sprite Animation Studios
|Original release||April 15, 2016 – Present|
|Preceded by||Kong: The Animated Series|
Kong: King of the Apes is an American/Japanese/Canadian Netflix-exclusive animated web series that is co-created by Netflix, Arad Animation, OLM, Digital, Sprite Animation Studios, and 41 Entertainment that was released to Netflix on April 15, 2016.
Entertainment Weekly provides the following synopsis: "Set in 2050, Kong becomes a wanted fugitive after wrecking havoc at Alcatraz Island’s Natural History and Marine Preserve. What most humans on the hunt for the formidable animal don’t realize, though, is that Kong was framed by an evil genius who plans to terrorize the world with an army of enormous robotic dinosaurs. As the only beast strong enough to save humanity from the mechanical dinos, Kong must rely on the help of three kids who know the truth about him."
- Lukas Remy (voiced by Alessandro Juliani): A wildlife enthusiast, Lukas is the son of Doctor Leo Remy and twin brother of Richard. He loves and cares about animals, and has the closest bond to Kong. He opposes his brother's wicked schemes with the help of Kong and their friends.
- Kong (voiced by Lee Tockar): As a baby, Kong was captured by poachers but broke free and wound up befriending Lukas when he was young. Some time later when he was bigger, Kong saved Richard from a fire (from which Richard had to get a prosthetic eye) but Richard was not grateful and even tried to blame Kong for the fire. Kong is somewhat childlike (having the mentality of a three year old child) but has a strong bond with Lukas and the rest of the team. He became a fugitive of the law after being framed by Richard, and so works with Lukas to fight against Richard's evil plans.
- Doug "Jonesy" Jones (voiced by Viv Leacock): Jonesy is Lukas' best (human) friend and the team technical specialist. He has a questionable liking for Botila.
- Amy Quon (voiced by Shannon Chan-Kent): Amy is a veterinarian and the older sister of Danny. She is of Chinese descent.
- Danny Quon (voiced by Vincent Tong): Danny is a young animal-whisperer, able to speak with animals, and one of Kong's best friends. He is of Chinese descent.
- Anita (voiced by Tabitha St. Germain): Anita is a Spanish housekeeper for the Remy family and was the nanny of Lukas and Richard when they were children, and later Kong, loving them all like surrogate sons. Even after they've all grown up, she cares for them deeply. Including Richard, though it break Anita's heart that he has changed for the worst. Her grandniece is Franciska.
- Chatter (voiced by Alessandro Juliani): Chatter is an aptly-named parrot a Scarlet Macaw owned by Anita, and is known as the world's first bionic bird after Leo Remy saved his life by replacing his damaged wing with a bionic prosthetic wing.
- Franciska (voiced by Tabitha St. Germain): Franciska (nicknamed Panchi) is Anita's grandniece, and joined the team after they came to save her from a giant anaconda. She is very intelligent for her age and loves animals like Lukas does, and admires him to the point of wanting to work with animals and protect nature.
- Doctor Leo Remy (voiced by Lee Tockar): Doctor Leo Remy was the father of Lukas and Richard but due to a falling out became distanced with the latter. He developed a wildlife research center (partly to house Kong) but eventually passed away, leaving the research center (dubbed 'Kong Island' by fans) to his sons.
- Lucky Liger: Lucky is a Liger cub and son of Lady. He lives with the team and is a beloved friend of Kong.
- Lady Liger: Lady was the mother of Lucky until stress caused her to pass away. Richard cloned her into three bionic Ligers but they were rescued and sent to live in the wild to live peacefully. Although they are clones, they all share the same loving bond the original Lady had with Lucky.
- Doctor Richard Remy (voiced by Samuel Vincent): Twin brother of Lukas and son of Leo, Richard, since childhood, was obsessed with bionics that his misuse of dangerous equipment almost got him killed in a fire, from which Kong saved him (although he was left with a bionic eye). Despite this, he tried to pin the blame of the fire on Kong but his lie was seen through, and this caused him to leave his father and brother to live with his mother. As an adult, Richard has turned out worse, misusing his knowledge and talents for personal gain and framing Kong to turn public opinion against him, resulting in Kong and Lukas becoming fugitives. They work against Richard to stop his nefarious schemes.
- Botila (voiced by Kathleen Barr): Botila is a bionic android and personal assistant to Richard. She behaves in a mostly robotic manner but after enduring Richard's abuse for long enough, she turns against him, although they soon come to an uneasy truce, and continue to conspire against Kong.
- Commissioner Decker (voiced by Lee Tockar): The Police Commissioner, Decker leads his police forces in pursuing Kong, Lukas, and their friends, mistakenly believing them to be criminals (due to Richard framing them).
- Bionobots: The Bionobots are Richard's creations and serve as his personal army. Due to his love of dinosaurs, they are all designed after various species of dinos.
- Lee Tockar - Kong, Commissioner Decker, Braig, Dr. Leo Remy
- Alessandro Juliani - Lukas Remy, Chatter
- Kathleen Barr - Botila
- Shannon Chan-Kent - Amy Quon
- Samuel Vincent - Richard Remy
- Tabitha St. Germain - Anita, Franciska/Panchi
- Viv Leacock - Doug "Jonesy" Jones
- Vincent Tong - Danny Quon
There are also battle videos which are unlocked by watching specific episodes.
Season 1 (2016)
- Kong: King of the Apes (April 15, 2016)
- Snake in the Grass (April 15, 2016)
- Kong In 3D (April 15, 2016)
- Poacher's Prize (April 15, 2016)
- King's Ransom (April 15, 2016)
- Little Bots, Big Problems (April 15, 2016)
- Botila-Zilla (April 15, 2016)
- Bionic Arms Race (April 15, 2016)
- Honey, I Shrunk the Kong (April 15, 2016)
- Kong On Ice (April 15, 2016)
- Takeover (April 15, 2016)
- Robosquitoes (April 15, 2016)
- Missing (April 15, 2016)