Atelier (TV series)
Atelier (Japanese title Underwear) is a Japanese web television drama developed by Fuji Television for Netflix. It is a coming of age drama set in a small high-class lingerie design house called Emotion, which is based in Tokyo's Ginza district. The drama centres around Mayuko Tokita, a new employee, and her struggle to find her place at Emotion.
Cast and Characters
- Mirei Kiritani as Mayuko Tokita a "fabric geek" who joins Emotion in the first episode.
- Mao Daichi as Mayumi Nanjo, the founder and president of Emotion. She eschews mass production in favour of one-off and limited production.
- Mayuko Kawakita as Yuri Kouno, best friend of Mayuko who works for a wedding dress company and started work the same day as Mayuko.
- Wakana Sakai as Mizuki Nishizawa, a senior lingerie designer at Emotion.
- Ken Kaito as Jin Saruhashi, the office manager. Cool on the outside, he joined Emotion because he was passionate about the way Nanjo did business.
- Maiko as Fumikaoru Iida, a senior lingerie designer at Emotion, who leaves the company to join one of their competitors.
- Masako Chiba as Reiko Tanaka, Nanjo's most trusted employee, who also takes Mayuko under her wing when she first arrives at the company.
- Dori Sakurada as Himeji Sousuke, assistant to Jin.
- Nicole Ishida as Sarikoromo Machida, a down on her luck model, who Mayuko befriends. Later in season one, Machida finds success as a supermodel.
- "Mirei Kiritani Stars in Netflix Japan & Fuji TV's "Underwear"". Crunchy Roll.
- "Netflix to Deliver Fuji TV Original Content". Japan Today.
- "Mirei Kiritani Stars in Netflix Japan & Fuji TV's "Underwear"".
- "Netflix Japan's Original Series 'Underwear' is 'The Devil Wears Prada' of Lingerie Design".
- "Atelier". IMDB. Retrieved 8 February 2016.
- "Underwear". Model Press. Retrieved 8 February 2016.
- http://www.narinari.com/Nd/20150732658.html (Japanese)