Sundance Film poster
|Music by||T. Griffin|
Rachel Beth Anderson|
|Edited by||David Teague|
Big Mouth Productions
Red Light Films
E-Team is a 2014 American documentary film co-directed and produced by Katy Chevigny and Ross Kauffman. The film premiered in the competition category of U.S. Documentary Competition program at the 2014 Sundance Film Festival on January 18, 2014. Rachel Beth Anderson and Ross Kauffman won the Cinematography Award: U.S. Documentary at the festival, as well as the Candescent Award.
The film received positive response from critics.
- Rob Nelson in his review for Variety said that "The valiant and vital work of four globetrotting human rights activists is expertly illuminated in 'E-Team', a dynamic and immersive piece of you-are-there verite."
- Duane Byrge of The Hollywood Reporter gave the film a positive review and said that "In this spellbinding story, filmmakers Katy Chevigny and Ross Kauffman thrust us into the red-alert lives of four E-Team members. It's a comprehensive portrayal of these people's personal and professional lives. We see what makes them tick. Are they adrenaline junkies? Thrill-seekers? Not at all."
- Carlos Aguilar from Indiewire in his review said that "Powerful and shocking but with enough humanity from its subjects to add tender moments of hope, the "E-Team" is a fascinating look at how information can be the most effective tool to avoid indifference."
- "How I Shot That: Sundance Documentary 'E-Team' Gives an Insider's Look on Filming War Crimes". Retrieved 8 April 2014.
- "Sundance 2014: U.S. Documentary Competition". Retrieved 8 April 2014.
- "Sundance: 'Whiplash' & 'Rich Hill' Win Grand Jury Awards; Dramatic Directing Goes To Cutter Hodierne For 'Fishing Without Nets'". Retrieved 8 April 2014.
- "'Whiplash' Owns the 2014 Sundance Film Festival Awards Netting Two Top Prizes". Retrieved 8 April 2014.
- Pamela McClintock, “Sundance: Candescent Films Announces 2014 Documentary Awards,” The Hollywood Reporter, January 18, 2014.
- "About Film". Retrieved 8 April 2014.
- "Sundance Film Review: 'E-Team'". Retrieved 8 April 2014.
- "E-Team: Sundance Review". Retrieved 8 April 2014.
- "Sundance Review: Real Life Heroes Save The World In The Enthralling 'E-Team'". Retrieved 8 April 2014.