by Chris Gall
|Theme music composer||
|No. of seasons||3|
|No. of episodes||39|
|Running time||23 minutes|
|Production company(s)||DreamWorks Animation Television|
|Original release||August 14, 2015 – present|
Dinotrux is an American computer-animated web television series. It is based on Chris Gall's illustrated children's book series, which features a fictional prehistoric world inhabited by hybrid characters that are part dinosaur and part mechanical construction vehicle. The series debuted on August 14, 2015 on Netflix, while season 2 premiered on March 11, 2016, and season 3 premiered on October 7, 2016
DreamWorks Animation first optioned rights to Dinotrux in March 2009, a month before the first book was published, with an intention to develop a computer-animated film.
A prehistoric world, set in the Mechazoic era, is populated by hybrid dinosaur-construction vehicles called Dinotrux, and by hybrid reptile-tools called Reptools. Two best friends, Ty, a Tyrannosaurus Trux, and Revvit, a Reptool, must team up with other inhabitants of the world to defend their community and their work from an evil Tyrannosaurus Trux, named D-Structs.
- Andrew Francis as Ty Rux, a Tyrannosaurus Trux — part Tyrannosaurus and part excavator
- Richard Ian Cox as Revvit, a Rotilian Reptool — part lizard (resembling a chameleon) and part rotary drill
- Matt Hill as Ton-Ton, an Anklyodump — part Ankylosaurus and part dump truck
- Ashleigh Ball as Skya, a Craneosaur — part Brachiosaurus and part crane
- Brian Drummond as Dozer, a Dozeratops — part Triceratops and part bulldozer
- Trevor Devall as Garby, a Stegarbasaurus — part Stegosaurus and part garbage truck
- Paul Dobson as D-Structs, a Tyrannosaurus Trux — part Tyrannosaurus and part excavator
- Fred Ewanuick as Click-Clack, a Rotilian Reptool — part lizard (resembling a chameleon) and part rotary drill
- Cree Summer as Ace, a Crescent Wrenchtool — part lizard and part crescent wrench
- Doron Bell as Waldo, a Pipe Wrenchtool — part lizard and part pipe wrench
- Trevor Devall as Skrap-It, a Scraptool — part lizard and part leatherman tool
- Brian Drummond as George, a Dozeratops — part Triceratops and part bulldozer
- Brian Drummond, Ashleigh Ball, Richard Ian Cox, Paul Dobson, Andrew Francis, and Doron Bell as the Ottos, a group of identical Hex Wrenchtools - part lizard and part hex wrench tools with Swedish accents. Three are later nicknamed Wings, Numbers, and "The Silent Dude" by Ton-Ton.
- Trevor Devall, Paul Dobson, and Brian Drummond as Lloyd, Smash-It, and Break-It, a trio of Scraptools
- Brian Drummond, Ashleigh Ball, and Trevor Devall as "the Dumps": Drag-O, Wrecka, and Scoot, a trio of daredevil Ankylodumps and Ton-Ton's "old crew"
- Eric Bauza as Stix, a Gluphosaur - part Dilophosaurus and part glue gun
- Sam Vincent and Eric Bauza as the Leader Gluphosaur and the Gruff Gluphosaur
- Eric Bauza, Kathleen Barr, and Sam Vincent as Auger, Bore-is, Drillian, and Burrow, a quartet of Drillasaurs - part Nodosaurus and part Drill.
- Ashleigh Ball, Brian Drummond, and Sam Vincent as Woodland Reptool #1 (a female with a personality similar to Click-Clack's), Woodland Reptool Leader, Hudnut, and Woodland Reptool #2, a group of Rotilians who are menaced by Splitter.
- Richard Ian Cox as Splitter, a Sawmetradon - part Dimetrodon and part saw.
- Eric Bauza as Flynt, a Hydrodon - part Iguanodon and part Fire Truck - who has a history with Skrap-It and D-Structs.
- Kelly Sheridan as Blayde, a unique large female Dozeratops with an excavator claw who was once friends with Dozer but became a territorial bully after their herd was attacked by D-Structs.
- Maryke Hendrikse and Brian Drummond as Zera and Tops, friends of George's who are terrorized by Blayde and her minions.
- Richard Ian Cox and Andrew Francis as Prong and Horn, Blayde's Dozeratops minions
- Kyle Rideout and Vincent Tong as Crunk and Chunk, two Cementasaurs - part Pachycephalosaurus and part Cement Truck.
- Richard Ian Cox and Brian Drummond as Dozeratops #1 and Craneosaur #1, leaders of two herds that Ty's group stop from fighting over ore.
Trux and tools
- Tyrannosaurus Trux — part Tyrannosaurus and part Excavator; they also have wrecking ball tails
- Reptool - part lizard and part Tool.
- Rotilian Reptool - part lizard and part Rotary drill.
- Wrenchtool - part lizard and part Pipe wrench or Crescent Wrench.
- Hex Wrenchtools - part lizard and part Hex key.
- Scraptool - part lizard and part Leatherman tool.
- Tortools - tortoise-like Reptool relatives with wheels, Buffers, a Jack and spray paint nozzles.
- Towaconstrictors - part snake and part tow chain.
- Slamtools - part lizard and part Claw Hammer.
- Ankylodump - part Ankylosaurus and part Dump truck.
- Craneosaur - part Brachiosaurus and part Crane.
- Dozeratops - part Triceratops and part Bulldozer; they also have jackhammer tails. (An exception would be Blayde, who has an Excavator arm for a tail)
- Stegarbasaurus - part Stegosaurus and part Garbage truck.
- Gluphosaur - part Dilophosaurus and part Glue gun. They resemble Dilophosaurus from the film adaptation of Jurassic Park.
- Scraptors - dromaeosaur-like Dinotrux. There are also horned variants known as Desert Scraptors.
- Scrapadactyls - Pteranodon-like creatures who are drawn to scrap.
- Bitbugs - insects that can be converted into Tool bit.
- Dragonflopters - dragonfly-like insects resembling helicopters with VTOL rotors.
- Rollodons - part Centrosaurus part Steamroller.
- Drillasaurs - part Nodosaurus and part Drill.
- Sawmetradon - part Dimetrodon and part Saw.
- Hydrodon - part Iguanodon and part Fire Truck.
- Cementasaurs - part Pachycephalosaurus and part Cement Truck.
- Poundersaurolophus - part Parasaurolophus and part Pile Driver.
- Shockarachnids - part Spider and part Taser.
- Screwsquitos - part mosquito and part Screw.
- Spark Bug - part insects and part Spark plug.
|1||10||August 14, 2015|
|2||13||March 11, 2016|
|3||16||October 7, 2016|
Season 1 (2015)
Set in the Mechazoic era of a prehistoric world populated by hybrid dinosaur-construction vehicles called Dinotrux, and hybrid reptile-tools called Reptools, Two best friends, Ty, a Tyrannosaurus Trux, and Revvit, a Reptool, must team up with other inhabitants of the world to defend their community and their work from an evil T-Trux, named D-Structs. It's time to 'Trux It Up'. The series premiered on August 14, 2015, when the first ten episodes were released.
|No.||Title||Directed by||Written by||Original release date|
|1||"Ty and Revvit"||Michael Mullen & Donna Brockopp||Ron Burch & David Kidd||August 14, 2015|
|Ty the T-Trux befriends a reptool named Revvit and brings together a group of Dinotrux to stand firm against the brutal D-Structs.|
|2||"Scrapadactyls"||Donna Brockopp||Steve Altiere||August 14, 2015|
|When Revvit brings his reptool friends out of the ravine, Ty and the Dinotrux try to prevent a group of Scrapadactyls from getting them.|
|3||"Garage"||Donna Brockopp||Luke Giordano||August 14, 2015|
|D-Structs and his new minion, a Scraptool named Skrap-It, decide to spread discord among Ty and his group.|
|4||"Scraptors"||Michael Mullen||Ron Burch & David Kidd||August 14, 2015|
|Ton-Ton is taken by Scraptors and the group must save him.|
|5||"Pit"||Donna Brockopp||Jeremy Shipp||August 14, 2015|
|D-Structs new plan to get rid of the Dinotrux involves a large pit, but Revvit's intellect intervenes with this.|
|6||"Garby"||Donna Brockopp||Steve Altiere||August 14, 2015|
|The Dinotrux welcome a new member named Garby, who accidentally eats Revvit due to his delicacy for rocks.|
|7||"Tortools"||Michael Mullen||Luke Giordano||August 14, 2015|
|A group of newly-hatched Tortools cause tormoil for Dozer when they mistake him for their guardian.|
|8||"Desert"||Donna Brockopp||Jeremy Shipp||August 14, 2015|
|Skrap-It steals a part from Garby that functions his movement, forcing the group to find a replacement in the desert.|
|9||"Sandstorm"||Donna Brockopp||Mimi Hess||August 14, 2015|
|A sandstorm disables the Dinotrux motion capability and Revvit must deal with the problem.|
|10||"Fake Ravine"||Michael Mullen||Ron Burch & David Kidd||August 14, 2015|
|D-Structs and Skrap-It kidnap Click-Clack to tell them where the reptool ravine is.|
Season 2 (2016)
The Adventure continues with Ty, Revvit, and the rest of the Trux as they make New Friends, New Enemies and Face all New Challenges. With danger and mystery around every corner, these Half-Dinosaur, Half-Truck and all awesome friends will 'Trux It Up' to Build a Better World. 13 episodes of the second season were released on Netflix on March 11, 2016.
|No.||Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date|
|1||"New Tail"||Donna Brockopp||Steve Altiere||March 11, 2016|
|After the gang saves him, a thankless D-Structs repays them by threatening to saw them off with his new saw tail.|
|2||"Ottos"||Donna Brockopp||Luke Giordano||March 11, 2016|
|While investigating a meteor crash, the gang encounters a new brand of Reptools who are all named Otto.|
|3||"Night"||Donna Brockopp & Michael Mullen||Steve Altiere||March 11, 2016|
|The Reptools must defend the garage against Scrapadactyls after the gang leaves to find Dozer a spare part.|
|4||"Rollodons"||TBA||Kinan Copen||March 11, 2016|
|The Dinotrux try to get a band of Rollodons to solve a problem, but Revvit is anything but thrilled at the plan.|
|5||"Lair"||TBA||TBA||March 11, 2016|
|With the help of additional Scraptools, D-Structs steals metal from the crew to improve his new lair and the crew must retrieve it.|
|6||"Battering Ram"||TBA||TBA||March 11, 2016|
|When Ace's new invention is broken, she and Skya must find the culprits before the boys get back to the garage.|
|7||"Racetrack"||TBA||TBA||March 11, 2016|
|Ton-Ton's old friends are so wild and crazy like him to the point of recklessness, forcing the Dinotrux to try and rein them in.|
|8||"Gluphosaurs"||TBA||TBA||March 11, 2016|
|D-Structs and Skrap-It dupe a stubborn band of Gluphosaurs into sticking the crew together, forcing Revvit to deal with the problem.|
|9||"Towaconstrictors"||TBA||TBA||March 11, 2016|
|The gang head through a dark forest that hasn't been entered before and run into a pile of snakes called Towaconstrictors.|
|10||"Desert Scraptors"||TBA||TBA||March 11, 2016|
|D-Structs leads Ty and his friends into a trap full of Scraptors, but the plan backfires when Click-Clack gains metal horns that cause the Scraptors to dub him their leader.|
|11||"Water"||TBA||TBA||March 11, 2016|
|To battle a drought, the Dinotrux construct an aqueduct connected to a giant pond found by the Tortools but must contend with D-Structs and his minions along the way,|
|12||"Wind"||TBA||TBA||March 11, 2016|
|A fierce windstorm forces the gang to stay inside the garage for an unknown amount of time and things get heated between Dozer and Ton-Ton.|
|13||"Lightning"||TBA||TBA||March 11, 2016|
|After Skrap-it is hit by lightning, he gains a huge IQ, sparking another dastardly scheme to defeat the Dinotrux.|
Season 3 (2016)
As the Dinotrux continue make their community bigger and better, New Enemies come to challenge Ty, Revvit and the rest of their friends. But with bigger builds, New Dinotrux and Reptools soon to follow, these Half-Dinosaur, Half-Construction Vehicle and All Awesome friends are more determined than ever to build their way out of any situation. Let's Trux It Up! 16 episodes of the Third Season were released on Netflix on October 7, 2016.
|No.||Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date|
|1||"Slide"||TBA||TBA||October 7, 2016|
|The Dinotrux decide to make a slide for a shortcut down a Scraptor filled path, but D-Structs and Skrap-It try to sabotage it.|
|2||"Drillasaurs"||TBA||TBA||October 7, 2016|
|A band of greedy Drillasaurs are accidentally causing trouble for the Dinotrux to get diamonds underneath their crater.|
|3||"Volcano"||TBA||TBA||October 7, 2016|
|An active volcano threatens to destroy the crater, so the Dinotrux at first decide to vacate the crater, but then they soon get a idea of how to assuage the lava when it erupts, one that D-Strucks wishes to get rid of.|
|4||"Sawmetradon"||TBA||TBA||October 7, 2016|
|A band of Reptools seek help to get rid of a reckless Sawmetradon named Splitter that threatens their home.|
|5||"Speed"||TBA||TBA||October 7, 2016|
|When Skrap-It removes a part within Ty that forces him to move around without being able to stop it's up to Ton-Ton to save the day.|
|6||"Flynt"||TBA||TBA||October 7, 2016|
|Ty befriends a grouchy Hydrodon named Flynt who is reluctant to assist him when his friends home is surrounded by fire.|
|7||"Wings"||TBA||TBA||October 7, 2016|
|Ton-Ton has ambitions about flying and needless to say, this puts the Otto's in danger.|
|8||"Slamtools"||TBA||TBA||October 7, 2016|
|D-Structs gets new minions in the form of hammer-headed tools named Slamtools and uses them to apprehend Ty and his friends and its up to Click-Clack and Garby to stop the little monsters.|
|9||"Blayde"||TBA||TBA||October 7, 2016|
|Dozer's ex-friend, Blayde, is causing trouble for other Dozeratops, and its up to the gang to put a stop to her cruelty.|
|10||"Battle"||TBA||TBA||October 7, 2016|
|Skrap-It puts in a new spark bug for D-Structs and this gives him more power than ever, forcing the gang to fight fire with fire.|
|11||"Cementasaurs"||TBA||TBA||October 7, 2016|
|Ty gets trapped by a band of Cementasaurs, forcing the Reptools to get the Cementasaurs to get him out of this mess.|
|12||"Eggs"||TBA||TBA||October 7, 2016|
|An earthquake causes a herd of Ankylodumps to lose their eggs and its up to Ton-Ton and the others to get them back safely.|
|13||"Pounder"||TBA||TBA||October 7, 2016|
|A Poundersaurolophus begins pounding everything in sight and its up to the Dinotrux to stop this pounding menace.|
|14||"Shockarachnids"||TBA||TBA||October 7, 2016|
|Skya and Dozer are attacked by a band of Shockarachnids after going through a walk in the woods.|
|15||"Scaretrux"||TBA||TBA||October 7, 2016|
|The Reptools build a giant T-Trux model called the Scaretrux to scare Scraptors away, but Skrap-It and his flock decide to steal it for D-structs.|
|16||"Magnet Mountain"||TBA||TBA||October 7, 2016|
|D-Structs rallies Splitter, Blayde and the Poundersaurolophus to take down Ty and his friends.|
- Rain Forden, Kajsa (August 3, 2015). "Exclusive Look: DreamWorks 'Dinotrux'". Rotoscopers. Retrieved August 3, 2015.
- "Dinotrux (Season 1)". British Board of Film Classification. August 8, 2015. Retrieved August 14, 2015.
- Netflix (June 13, 2014). "DreamWorks Animation's Action-Packed Dinotrux Barges Onto Netflix As New Original Series For Kids" (Press release). PR Newswire. Retrieved August 3, 2015.
- Milligan, Mercedes (March 11, 2016). "Clips: 'Dinotrux' Season 2 Roars onto Netflix". Animation Magazine. Retrieved August 23, 2016.
- "Dinotrux Facebook Page".
- Flemingq, Michael (March 9, 2009). "DreamWorks to drive 'Dinotrux'". Variety. Retrieved August 3, 2015.
- Dinotrux (July 20, 2015). "What's the best way to describe Ty? Take a T. rex and a megaton excavator, mash them together, and what do you get? A Tyrannosaurus Trux!". Facebook. Retrieved August 4, 2015.
- Dinotrux (July 27, 2015). "Meet Skya! Half brachiosaurus and half mega-ton construction crane, she uses her whip-like tow hook tongue to lift enormous loads and wield heavy objects.". Facebook. Retrieved August 4, 2015.
- Dinotrux (August 5, 2015). "Meet Garby! Half stegosaurus and half garbage truck, Garby eats rocks and extracts their ore. During fights, his tail pinches and cuts, his jaw locks like a pitbull, and his spikes can be flung like ninja stars!". Facebook. Retrieved August 6, 2015.
- Hank, Melissa (August 12, 2015). "Dan for Prime Minister? Fred Ewanuick says he'd do great". Canada.com. Retrieved August 23, 2016.
- Summer, Cree (August 13, 2015). "Tonight @TrevorDevall Skrap-It & Ace #Dinotrux premiers Midnight on Netflix ... Check it out ...". Twitter. Retrieved August 16, 2015.
- Stradling, Morgan (August 13, 2015). "'Dinotrux' Episode 1 Pilot Review – "Ty and Revvit"". Rotoscopers. Retrieved August 13, 2015.
- Official website at DreamWorks TV
- Official website at Netflix
- Dinotrux at the Internet Movie Database