|Created by||Pedro Aguilera|
|Country of origin||Brazil|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||8|
|Location(s)||São Paulo, São Paulo|
|Running time||38-49 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Boutique Filmes|
|Picture format||4K (Ultra HD)|
|Original release||November 25, 2016|
3% is a Brazilian, dystopian thriller series created by Pedro Aguilera, starring Bianca Comparato and João Miguel. Developed from a 2011 independent pilot episode, it is Netflix's first original Brazilian production and the second produced in Latin America, after Club de Cuervos.
The show is set in a future wherein people are given a chance to go to the "better side" of a world divided between progress and affluence in the Offshore, and devastation and poverty in the Inland, but only 3% of the candidates succeed. Netflix gave the show a one-season order with an 8-episode first season. Cesar Charlone, an Academy Award nominated cinematographer known for City of God and Blindness, served as director alongside Daina Giannecchini, Dani Libardi, and Jotagá Crema. Tiago Mello serves as executive producer. The first season became available on Netflix worldwide November 25, 2016.
- Bianca Comparato as Michele Santana, a naive young woman who has a very strong sense of justice. She has no family and was raised by her brother, who didn't return after being sent to the Process.
- João Miguel as Ezequiel, the current head of the Process. He is intense, mysterious, short-tempered, and conflicted by ideal extremes.
- Michel Gomes as Fernando Carvalho, raised by his father, who fostered in him the singular purpose of passing the Process. A wheelchair user, Fernando is disdained by some candidates who don't believe in his chances to successfully complete the Process.
- Vaneza Oliveira as Joana Coelho, originally sem registro (without registration), an orphan who survived on her own at the margins of society, on the streets of the Inland. Intelligent and capable, she interacts with few other candidates and shows little interest in the Process. She seems to be there to escape rather than to pass to the Offshore.
- Viviane Porto as Aline, a young and ambitious employee of the Council, with the mission to evaluate the Process.
- Rodolfo Valente as Rafael Moreira, willing to do anything to pass, even cheat. Egocentric, selfish, and sarcastic, he hides his mysteries and believes the ends justify the means.
- Rafael Lozano as Marco Alvarez, from a family known to always pass in the Process and who are waiting for him in the Offshore. He will do anything to pass in the Process.
- Mel Fronckowiak as Julia, Ezequiel's wife and an employee of the Process, who ends up being depressed and in doubt about her actions.
- Luciana Paes as Cássia
- Zezé Motta as Nair
- Sérgio Mamberti as Matheus
|No.||Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date|
|1||"Chapter 01: Cubes"||César Charlone||Pedro Aguilera||November 25, 2016|
|In a grimy near-future, 20-year-olds stream to a sleek testing facility to compete for a spot in an idyllic land known as the Offshore.|
|2||"Chapter 02: Coins"||Daina Giannecchini & Jotagá Crema||Cássio Koshikumo & Denis Nielsen||November 25, 2016|
|Fernando's medical exam yields a stunning discovery, a logic puzzle stokes tensions in the group, and Aline tries to find out what Ezequiel is hiding.|
|3||"Chapter 03: Corridor"||Dani Libardi||Ivan Nakamura & Denis Nielsen||November 25, 2016|
|A nerve-wracking trip through a dark tunnel leaves Joana haunted by a vision from her past. Ezequiel receives an unexpected visitor.|
|4||"Chapter 04: Gateway"||Jotagá Crema||Cássio Koshikumo & Ivan Nakamura & Jotagá Crema||November 25, 2016|
|Trapped in the dorms without food or water, the candidates race to find a solution. A sudden change in the test brings out a new side of Marco.|
|5||"Chapter 05: Water"||César Charlone||Pedro Aguilera||November 25, 2016|
|Painful memories come flooding back to Ezequiel as Aline reveals what she's learned and offers to keep it quiet — for a price.|
|6||"Chapter 06: Glass"||Daina Giannecchini & Dani Libardi||Cássio Koshikumo & Denis Nielsen & Ivan Nakamura & Jotagá Crema||November 25, 2016|
|Candidates find a tempting offer waiting for them in their new dorm rooms. Those who decide to stay face daunting individual tests.|
|7||"Chapter 07: Capsule"||Daina Giannecchini||Cássio Koshikumo||November 25, 2016|
|A night of celebration turns chaotic as Process officials realize there's a traitor in their midst and begin interrogating the candidates.|
|8||"Chapter 08: Button"||César Charlone||Denis Nielsen & Pedro Aguilera||November 25, 2016|
|On the morning of the Purification Ritual, startling revelations and shifting loyalties leave the fates of four candidates hanging in the balance.|
- Diniz, Aline (11 March 2016). "3% | Primeira série original brasileira da Netflix começa a ser filmada". Omelete. Universo Online. Retrieved 6 September 2016.
- Netflix Brasil Facebook page.
- Cox, Jamieson (5 August 2015). "Netflix's newest original series is a dystopian thriller in Brazil". The Verge. Retrieved 25 January 2016.
- Littleton, Cynthia (2015-08-05). "Netflix Orders Brazilian Drama Series ‘3%’" Variety.com. Retrieved 2016-01-04.
- Netflix Brasil Facebook page.
- Vaquer, Gabriel (5 September 2016). "Netflix anuncia estreia de série brasileira "3%" para novembro". NaTelinha (in Portuguese). Universo Online. Retrieved 6 September 2016.