Gerald's Game (film)
|Directed by||Mike Flanagan|
|Produced by||Trevor Macy|
Jeff Howard |
by Stephen King
Carla Gugino |
|Edited by||Mike Flanagan|
Gerald's Game is an upcoming 2017 American psychological horror thriller film directed and edited by Mike Flanagan and written by Jeff Howard and Flanagan. It is based on the Stephen King's novel of same name. The film stars Carla Gugino, and Bruce Greenwood.
- Carla Gugino as Jessie Burlingame
- Bruce Greenwood as Gerald Burlingame
- Henry Thomas
- Carel Struycken
- Kate Siegel
- Chiara Aurelia
On May 19, 2014, Deadline.com reported that Mike Flanagan had been set to direct a film adaptation of Stephen King's suspense thriller novel Gerald's Game, scripted by Jeff Howard. Trevor Macy would produce the film through Intrepid Pictures. In an interview with Rue Morgue in September 2016, Mike Flanagan reported that a film adaptation would premiere on Netflix. He did not state when the film would premiere or whether Stephen King would be involved. Carla Gugino and Bruce Greenwood were cast in the film to play Jessie and Gerald Burlingame, along with Henry Thomas, Carel Struycken, Kate Siegel, and Chiara Aurelia.
- Fleming Jr, Mike (May 19, 2017). "Cannes: Stephen King Novel 'Gerald's Game' To Be Adapted By 'Oculus' Helmer Mike Flanagan And Intrepid Pictures". Deadline.com. Retrieved October 18, 2016.
- "Mike Flanagan looks forward to doing justice to Stephen King". Rue Morgue. Retrieved October 18, 2016.
- Jr, Mike Fleming (October 17, 2016). "Carla Gugino & Bruce Greenwood Star In Stephen King's 'Gerald's Game' For Netflix". Deadline. Retrieved October 19, 2016.
- Boyd, Jared (October 18, 2016). "Producer confirms Stephen King film production in Mobile". AL.com. Retrieved October 19, 2016.