|Coordinates: 33°33′36″N 36°13′01″E / 33.56°N 36.217°E|
|Governorate||Rif Dimashq Governorate|
|Population (2004 census)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
Jamraya or Jemraya (Arabic: جمرايا) is a village in the Qudsaya District of Rif Dimashq (Damascus Countryside) in southern Syria. It lies 3 miles (5 km) to the northwest of the Syrian capital of Damascus city, beyond Mount Qasioun, and is now an outlying suburb of greater Damascus. It is between al-Hamah and Qudsaya town to the south, and Ashrafiyat al-Wadi to the north. It is about 10 miles (15 km) from the Lebanese border. According to the Syria Central Bureau of Statistics, the village had a population of 1,156 in the 2004 census.
A military research facility of the Syrian Scientific Studies and Research Center is located in Jamraya; weapons are developed and stored here, and the site has been accused of developing chemical weapons. The highly secretive military facility was established in the 1980s, when Syria was a Soviet ally.
A parking lot at the research center was the site of an January 31, 2013 Israeli airstrike on missiles parked there. Another Israeli attack on May 5, 2013 destroyed buildings located in a chicken farm a mile from the research center.
- General Census of Population and Housing 2004. Syria Central Bureau of Statistics (CBS). Rif Dimashq Governorate. (Arabic)
- Kelley, Michael (February 2, 2013). "Israel's strike on Syria was a brilliant tactical move". Business Insider Australia. Retrieved May 11, 2013.
- Tom Watkins and Chelsea J. Carter, Syrian TV: Israeli Rockets Target Damascus Suburb (May 6, 2013), CNN.
- Edmund Sanders and Patrick J. McDonnell, Israel Says Strikes in Syria Target Arms for Hezbollah (May 5, 2013), Los Angeles Times.
- Karin Laub and Josef Federman, Syria says Israel strikes military research center (May 4, 2013), Associated Press.
- Damascus military facilities 'hit by Israel rockets' (May 5, 2013), BBC.
- Alexander Marquardt, Syria Warns Israel of 'All Possibilities' After Strikes (May 5, 2013), ABC News.
- Profile: Syria's top-secret Jamraya research centre (May 5, 2013), BBC.
- McMahon, Felim (7 May 2013). "Syria – [Public] Analysis of where air strikes blamed on Israel hit – May 05". Storyful. Retrieved 11 May 2013.