|Coordinates: 33°33′29″N 36°13′20″E / 33.55806°N 36.22222°E|
|Governorate||Rif Dimashq Governorate|
|Population (2004 census)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
Al-Hamah (Arabic: الهامة; also spelled al-Hameh) is a village on the Barada river in the Qudsaya District of Rif Dimashq (Damascus Countryside) in southern Syria. It is west of the Syrian capital of Damascus city, beyond Mount Qasioun, and is now an outlying suburb of greater Damascus. It is between Qudsaya to the south and Jamraya to the north. According to the Syria Central Bureau of Statistics, al-Hamah had a population of 10,045 in the 2004 census. Its inhabitants are predominantly Sunni Muslims and Syriac Christians.
The village was the target of repeated raids and attacks by the Israeli military, especially prior to the destruction of an early PLO training camp located on the village's outskirts. One of the more notable attacks occurred during the 1973 Arab-Israeli War; where Israeli fighter jets attacked a power plant that was in the middle of the village, destroying it completely and killing 87 people.
- General Census of Population and Housing 2004. Syria Central Bureau of Statistics (CBS). Rif Dimashq Governorate. (Arabic)
- Smith, 1841, p. 147.
- "'Munich' and moral equivalence - On Line Opinion - 2/2/2006". On Line Opinion. Retrieved 2013-09-03.
- Smith, Eli; Robinson, Edward (1841). Biblical Researches in Palestine, Mount Sinai and Arabia Petraea: A Journal of Travels in the Year 1838. 3. Crocker and Brewster.