|Coordinates: 33°36′50″N 36°10′48″E / 33.614°N 36.18°E|
|Governorate||Rif Dimashq Governorate|
|Population (2004 census)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
Ain al-Fijah (Arabic: عين الفيجة, also spelled Ayn al-Fijeh and Ein Al Fejeh) is a small town in southern Syria, administratively part of the Rif Dimashq Governorate, located 25 kilometers southwest of Damascus. Nearby localities include Deir Muqaran to the west, al-Zabadani to the northwest, Basimah to the southeast and Qudsaya to the south. According to the Syria Central Bureau of Statistics, the town had a population of 3,806 in the 2004 census. The town is also the administrative centre of—though not the largest town in—the Ain al-Fijah nahiyah ("subdistrict"), which is made up of six localities with a combined population of 19,584. Its inhabitants are predominantly Sunni Muslims.
The town was built around the Ain al-Fijah springs, the source of the Barada River which supplies Damascus with freshwater. In the 1st century CE, the Romans constructed a temple at Ain al-Fijah. In 1907 the Ottoman authorities installed the first clean water pipe was installed at the springs. In 1924 Syrian businessmen Lutfi al-Haffar and Abd al-Wahab al-Qanawati founded the Ain al-Fijah Company, which would use water from spring for irrigation purposes. Throughout the early 20th-century, the company was one of the most profitable and innovative in Damascus.
- Doumani, Beshara (2007). Everyday Life and Consumer Culture in Eighteenth-Century Damascus. University of Washington Press. ISBN 0295801638.
- Moubayed, Sami M. (2006). Steel & Silk: Men & Women Who Shaped Syria 1900–2000. Cune Press. pp. 235–238. ISBN 1-885942-41-9.
- Smith, Eli; Robinson, Edward (1841). Biblical Researches in Palestine, Mount Sinai and Arabia Petraea: A Journal of Travels in the Year 1838. 3. Crocker and Brewster.