iOS: 61.1 MB|
Android: 106 MB
|Available in||English, Spanish|
|Type||social networking service|
|Alexa rank||789,588 (September 2016)|
Cymbal is a mobile social networking application which allows users to comment on and share music via Spotify and SoundCloud integration. The app is regularly described as the "Instagram for music". The Cymbal community includes record labels, college radio stations, musical artists and music fans. Music is shared via recommendations from friends and artists one chooses in the Cymbal community.
Cymbal reportedly received $1.1 million in funds from investors Vaizra Investments and General Catalyst Partners. Additional investors include Boston Syndicates, Elias Torres, Rough Draft Ventures, TJ Mahony and Whitney Sorenson.
- "Cymbal - Your song of the moment on the App Store". iOS App Store. Retrieved September 4, 2016.
- "Cymbal Music Social Network on Google Play". Google Play. Retrieved September 4, 2016.
- "Cymbal.fm Site Overview". Alexa Internet. Retrieved September 4, 2016.
- Mitroff, Sarah (October 12, 2015). "Cymbal taps your friends to find new music". CNET. Retrieved September 4, 2016.
- Blake, Jimmy (October 6, 2015). "Instagram says @music is just the start for music on the app". BBC News. Retrieved September 4, 2016.
- Tietjen, Denali (July 29, 2016). "Have 3 Undergrads Just Created An Instagram For Music?". Forbes. Retrieved September 4, 2016.
- Leo Palermino, Chris (July 30, 2015). "Cymbal mixes Twitter and Spotify to easily share your favorite music". Digital Trends. Retrieved September 4, 2016.
- "Cymbal on AngelList". AngelList. Retrieved September 4, 2016.
- "Cymbal on TechCrunch's CrunchBase". CrunchBase. Retrieved September 4, 2016.