|Conquest of Aleppo|
فتح حلب |
Participant in the Syrian Civil War
Logo of Fatah Halab
|Active||26 April 2015 – present (in the Aleppo Governorate, until 1 December 2016 within' southeastern Aleppo)|
|Area of operations||Aleppo, Syria|
|Became||Jaysh al-Halab (2nd iteration, southeastern Aleppo)|
|Battles and wars|
Fatah Halab (Arabic: فتح حلب, lit. 'Conquest of Aleppo'), or Aleppo Conquest, is a joint operations room of Syrian rebel factions operating in Aleppo, Syria. Succeeding the Aleppo Liberation operations room, its establishment was announced on 26 April 2015. It states that its aim is to conquer Aleppo City from Syrian regime forces.
In an October 2015 publication, the Washington D.C.-based Institute for the Study of War considered Aleppo Conquest as one of the "powerbrokers" in Aleppo Province, being both "anti-regime" and "anti-ISIS."
Since 1 December 2016, it was largely replaced by Jaysh al-Halab in southeastern Aleppo.
The operations room includes both Western-backed groups and Islamist groups. It includes some groups that also participate in the Islamist Ansar al-Sharia operations room, but not others, such as al-Nusra Front. Previously al-Nusra coordinated with other groups through the Aleppo Operations Room.
- 1st Regiment
- Liberation Army
- 46th Division
- Levant Front
- Thuwar al-Sham Battalion
- Army of Mujahedeen
- Atarib Martyrs Brigade
- Authenticity and Development Front
- Fastaqim Union (mostly defunct since November 2016)
- Harakat Nour al-Din al-Zenki (until October 2016)
- Sham Legion
- Sultan Murad Division
- Sultan Mehmed the Conqueror Brigade
- Sultan Murad Brigade
- Muntasar Billah Brigade
- Free Idlib Army
- 101st Infantry Division
- Army of Glory
- Central Division
- Army of Islam
- Army of Victory
- Alwiya al-Furqan (former)
- Conquest Brigade
- Liwa al-Haqq
- Jaysh al-Sunna
- Al-Safwa Islamic Battalions
- Freedom Brigade
- Bayariq al-Islam Movement
- Dawn of Caliphate Battalions
- Bayan Movement
- 16th Division (defunct since July 2016)
- Masi, Alessandria (26 April 2015). "Syria's coming battle for Aleppo: It's everybody against Assad and ISIS". International Business Times. Retrieved 2 July 2015.
- Bisaccio, Derek (26 April 2015). "Aleppo city operation". Foreign Policy Talk. Retrieved 2 July 2015.
- "Syria: Coming together to fight Assad in Aleppo". al-Araby al-Jadeed. 8 May 2015. Retrieved 2 July 2015.
- "The Latest: UN Syria envoy: Some 8,000 rebels left in Aleppo". Associated Press. 6 October 2016. Retrieved 15 October 2016.
- "YPG, allies clash with Syrian opposition groups in Aleppo". Middle East Eye. 29 November 2015. Retrieved 30 November 2015.
- Cafarella & Casagrande 2015, p. 3.
- "Syria: armed opposition group committing war crimes in Aleppo - new evidence". Amnesty International UK. 13 May 2016. Retrieved 16 May 2016.
- "Syria military resists major rebel assault in Aleppo". BBC News. 3 July 2015. Retrieved 5 July 2015.
- Joscelyn, Thomas (3 July 2015). "Al Nusrah Front, allies form new coalition for battle in Aleppo". The Long War Journal. Retrieved 5 July 2015.
- Jamie Dettmer (January 27, 2015). "Exclusive: Obama Cuts Off Syrian Rebels' Cash". The Daily Beast.
- "Infographic: "Fatah Halab" military operations room – coalition of 31 rebel factions". Archicivilians. 18 June 2015. Archived from the original on June 27, 2015. Retrieved 2 July 2015.
- Cafarella & Casagrande 2015, pp. 8–13
- "Harakat Nour al-Din al-Zenki". Civil War al-Sham. 17 October 2016.
- Jennifer Cafarella; Genevieve Casagrande (7 October 2015). "Syrian Opposition Guide" (PDF). Backgrounder. Institute for the Study of War.