Hawar Kilis Operations Room
|Hawar Kilis Operations Room|
غرفة عمليات حوار كلس |
Participant in Syrian Civil War
|Area of operations||Aleppo Governorate|
|Part of||Free Syrian Army|
|Originated as||Mare' Operations Room|
|Battles and wars|
The Hawar Kilis Operations Room (Arabic: غرفة عمليات حوار كلس, Turkish: Havar Kilis Operasyon Odası) is a rebel coalition formed in the village of Hawar Kilis in April 2016, made up of rebel groups affiliated with the Free Syrian Army in the northern Aleppo Governorate on the Syria-Turkey border. It closely coordinates with the Turkish Armed Forces and is the main rebel faction taking part in the Turkish military intervention in Syria since August 2016.
- Liberation Army
- Free Idlib Army
- Sultan Murad Division
- Sultan Malik-Shah Brigade
- Suleyman-Shah Brigade
- Alparslan Special Forces
- Sultan Mehmed the Conqueror Brigade
- Hamza Division
- Levant Front
- Sham Legion
- Al-Moutasem Brigade
- Fastaqim Union
- Descendants of Saladin Brigade
- Brigade of Conquest
- Northern Hawks Brigade
- 1st Division of Aleppo
- 51st Brigade
- Al-Safwa Islamic Battalions
- Akhtarin Military Council
- Victory Bloc
- Qabasin Military Council
The Hawar Kilis Operations Room consists of 3 military "blocs". At the end of October 2016 a security committee was formed to man checkpoints in the villages and towns it controls. A judicial committee to supervise courts was also established.
The coalition took part in the northern Aleppo offensive, beginning with April 2016, and captured several villages in northern Aleppo overlooking al-Rai from ISIL, before entering al-Rai itself. However, ISIL soon launched a large-scale counteroffensive and recaptured most of the villages, including al-Rai.
In early October 2016 the group formed the Akhtarin Military Council which captured several villages and the town of Akhtarin from ISIL as part of the 2016 Dabiq offensive, ending with the capture of Dabiq and several more other villages, linking Mare' with al-Rai.
On 28 October the group formed the "Victory Bloc" operations room during the western al-Bab offensive.
- "Factions operations room "class dialogue" dominates the village of Tal barley countryside north of Aleppo". Smart News Agency. 5 April 2016.
- U.S. halts military support for Turkey’s fight in key Islamic State town
- Harakat Nour al-Din al-Zenki
- Kilit Kapı: El-Rai (Çobanbey)
- "The Thuraya Network: A Satellite Data Network for the Syrian Rebels". Bellingcat. 16 June 2016.
- "Syria Euphrates Shiel Hawar Kilis operation room". Yalla Souriya. 20 September 2016.
- "Operations «Hur class» Chamber recognizes the formation of security committees and courts in the northern Aleppo". Qasioun. 29 October 2016.
- "Syria rebels near ISIS stronghold in N. Aleppo". Now News. 5 April 2016.
- "ISIS Re-Seize Over Ra'ei Town In Aleppo Countryside". Qasioun. 11 April 2016.
- ""Military Akhtarin Council" calls on people to return to the northern town of Aleppo". Smart News Agency. 18 October 2016.
- JohnArterbury (28 October 2016). "Euphrates Shield-affiliated Bloc of Victory operations room -- evidently a new ops room -- announces statement" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- "LCC Qabasin rejects Qabasin MC". Yalla Souriya. 13 November 2016.