Randa Kassis with Sergey Lavrov
October 8, 1970|
|Occupation||politician and a leading figure of the Syrian opposition|
Randa Kassis (Arabic: رندة قسيس) is a Franco-Syrian politician and a leading secular figure of the Syrian opposition. She is the President and founder of the Movement of the Pluralistic Society. She was a member of the Syrian National Council until August 2012. Randa Kassis is the former president of the Coalition of Secular and Democratic Syrians and member of the Syrian National Council. The Coalition of Secular and Democratic Syrians, the nucleus of a secular and democratic Syrian opposition, was created by the union of a dozen Muslim and Christian, Arab and Kurd parties, who called upon minorities in Syria to support the fight against the government of Bashar al-Assad.
Kassis is also an anthropologist and journalist. She has also published a book called "Crypts of The Gods", which is a book on religions, their origins, and their ways of functioning. Since the beginning of the Syrian Civil War on March 15, 2011, she has become a leading commentator on the Syrian Conflict and the wider complexities of the Arab Spring and the future of the Middle East region.
Randa Kassis is participating in the 2016 Geneva Peace Talks under the banner of the Moscow/ Astana groups. She is Co-President with Qadri Jamil of the Syrian secular and democratic opposition delegation.,
." Le Chaos Syrien ", Randa Kassis and Alexandre del Valle, Editions Dhow, 2014
- "Geneva Summit for Human Rights and Democracy - Speakers - Randa Kassis". Geneva Summit for Human Rights and Democracy. Retrieved 26 October 2014.
- John Irish (September 16, 2011) "France hails Syria council, develops contacts", Reuters.
- "Entretien avec Randa Kassis, opposante et intellectuelle syrienne porte-parole de la Coalition des Forces Laïques et membre du Conseil National Syrien", France Soir, 11 November 2011.
- "Les partis d'opposition laïcs syriens unissent leurs forces à Paris", Agence France-Presse, 18 September 2011.
- C dans l'air, France 5, 16 April 2012. Archived May 20, 2012, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Speakers". Retrieved 26 October 2014.
- "United States to press Russia on Syria's Assad". Reuters. 23 March 2016.
- "Syria peace talks broaden as pro-Russia opposition meet UN envoy". Daily Mail. 16 March 2016.
- "Speakers | Secular Conference London 2014". www.secularconference.com. Retrieved 2016-03-25.
- "Articles en rapport avec : Le chaos syrien". Atlantico.fr. Retrieved 2016-03-25.
- Kassis, Randa (June 8, 2016). COMPRENDRE LE CHAOS SYRIEN DES RÉVOLUTIONS ARABES AU JIHAD MONDIAL (TOUC.ESSAIS ed.). France: L'artilleur. p. 438. ISBN 9782810007318.