History and profile
Populär Historia was started in 1991. The founding company was Historiska Media. The magazine is based in Malmö. The owner of the magazine was the LRF Media until 1 June 2016 when it was acquired by the Bonnier Group. Since then the magazine has been published by the Bonnier Publications again in Malmö. It is published on a monthly basis. Jacob Wiberg is the editor-in-chief of the magazine.
- Bodil Axelsson (2012). "History in Popular Magazines: Negotiating Masculinites, the Low of the Popular and the High of History" (PDF). Culture Unbound. 4. Retrieved 30 July 2016.
- Marianne Sjöland (2011). "A Study of the History Writing of the Magazine Populär Historia and of Commercial Use of History" (PDF). European Crossroads. Retrieved 30 July 2016.
- Johan Jarlbrink. "History and Web in Sweden". E-story. Retrieved 30 July 2016.
- Karl Erik Gustafsson; Per Rydén (2010). A History of the Press in Sweden (PDF). Gothenburg: Litorapid Media AB. Retrieved 30 July 2016.
- "Om Populär Historia". Populär Historia (in Swedish). Retrieved 30 July 2016.
- "Populär Historia". Sveriges Tidskrifter (in Swedish). Retrieved 30 July 2016.
- "New Magazine Brands Acquired". Bonnier Group. 22 March 2016. Retrieved 30 July 2016.