|Created by||Lucy Cousins|
|Written by||Andrew Brenner|
|Starring||The Umbilical Brothers|
Neil Morrissey |
|Country of origin||
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||27 (108 segments) (list of episodes)|
|Running time||24 minutes|
|Distributor||NBCUniversal Television Distribution|
Nickelodeon, Noggin (U.S.)|
Nick Jr., CITV (UK)
|Original release||February 11, 1999 – November 22, 2001|
Maisy is a British-American children's animated television series based on the book series by Lucy Cousins. It is narrated by Neil Morrissey and Brian Greene in the US version. In the United Kingdom, it was broadcast on CITV (also broadcast on Nick Jr. in 2002.) In the United States, it aired on the Nick Jr. block of the Nickelodeon cable television network and on Noggin (now Nick Jr.) The series was produced by King Rollo Films and PolyGram Television and later as Universal Television when PolyGram folded into Universal, when the company itself was bought by beverage brand, Seagram.
The show focuses on the lives of Maisy Mouse and her friends. A mellow-voiced narrator narrates the action and communicates with the characters while the animals go through their paces without speaking; they instead make various odd sounds and noises that sound like speaking. The narrator, however, can understand them easily because he's the only one that actually speaks. The animated series keeps the two-dimensional visual style of the books.
- Maisy - A four-year-old mouse who lives in an orange house with a red roof.
- Panda - Maisy's little stuffed toy companion.
- Tallulah - A four-year-old chick almost always seen wearing a dress and a bow on her head.
- Cyril - A five-year-old squirrel who wears a bowtie.
- Eddie - A nine-year-old elephant who is often in settings where he is too big to participate.
- Charley - A seven-year-old crocodile who loves to eat.
The series lasted for one season, consisting of 27 episodes. Each episode was made up of four segments.
Maisy was released on VHS in the UK from 1999 until 2003, at which point it was replaced with DVD releases. Universal Studios Home Video released several Maisy VHSs in the US, most of them with the Macrovision copying protection system.
- "Count with Maisy" (1999)
- "Maisy's Bedtime" (1999)
- "Maisy's Colors and Shapes" (1999)
- "Maisy's Friends" (1999)
- "Maisy's Birthday" (2000)
- "Play with Maisy" (2000)
- "Maisy Makes Music" (2000)
- "Maisy's Winter Fun" (2000)
- "Maisy's Springtime" (2001)
- "Maisy's ABC" (2001)
VHS and DVD releases
- Maisy – Colors and Counting (2000)
- Maisy – Animal Stories (2000)
- Maisy – Birthday and other stories (2000)
- Maisy – Christmas and other stories (2000)
- Maisy – Bedtime and other stories (2000)
- Introducing Maisy (2001)
- Maisy's Fun in the Sun (2001)
- Maisy's Farm (2001)
- Maisy – Playtime (2001)
- Maisy's ABC (2001)
- Maisy – Circus (2002)
- Maisy and Panda (2002)
- Maisy – Activity Time (2002)
- Good Morning Maisy (2003)
- Maisy – Fun and Games (2003)
- Good Morning Maisy (2004)
- Playtime with Maisy (2004)
- Good Night Maisy (2004)
- Maisy – Splash (2006)
- Maisy – Animals (2006)
- Maisy On the Go (2010)
- Maisy Discovers (2010)
- Maisy – Garden (2010)
- Maisy – Adventures (2010)
- Maisy Helps (2010)