Noonbory and the Super Seven
|Noonbory and the Super Seven|
English title screen
CGI animated cartoon
Kevin Aichele (as Wangury) |
Brent Hirose(as Noonbory)
Margaux Miller(as Jetybory)
Markian Tarasuik(as Totobory)
Steed Crandell (as Bakerbory)
|Opening theme||"Noonbory and the Super Seven" (Voodoo Highway Music & Post Inc)|
|Ending theme||"Noonbory and the Super Seven" (Voodoo Highway Music & Post Inc – instrumental)|
|Country of origin||
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||26|
Hyun Dong Ahn
|Running time||Approx. 28 minutes|
Cookie Jar Entertainment
Knowledge/Access TV/BBC Kids/SCN (Canada)|
WUCW/CBS (Cookie Jar Kids Network/Cookie Jar TV) (U.S.)
EBS (South Korea)
Tiny Pop (UK)
|Original release||September 19 – December 12, 2009|
Noonbory and the Super Seven (Hangul: 눈보리; RR: Nunbori) is an animated television series that is co-produced by Daewon Media and Cookie Jar Entertainment in association with Knowledge, Access TV, BBC Kids, and SCN. It aired in the U.S. on August 15, 2008 (Pilot) and September 19, 2009 (Series) on CBS' KEWLopolis in August, and on CBS' Cookie Jar TV in September. It airs in Canada on BBC Kids, and in South Korea on SCN. It also airs in Spanish in the United States on Sorpresa and UltraKidz.
The pilot episode aired on KEWLopolis on CBS on August 15, 2009. It premiered on Cookie Jar TV on CBS on September 19, 2009. The first "o" on the "Noonbory and the Super 7" title is edited to look like Noonbory's face – suggesting that he is the leader of the "Super Bory" pack. This show has a narrator that enhances the educational aspect of the show – similar to the Curious George and Madeline cartoons. All episodes of this show are rated TV-Y and C. Despite the superhero nature of this show, any violence shown is completely slapstick and is not considered to be fantasy violence approaching the level of TV-Y7 (C8) rated television shows. Educational concepts taught in the show includes basic science components, teamwork, social skills, and memory.
Each of the "super" seven heroes (male and female) are based on the five physical senses (sight, smell, taste, touch, and hearing) in addition to the two mental senses (nonsense and common sense). Noonbory (the main character) is considered to have the ability for common sense. The settings include the four seasons (winter, spring, summer, and autumn) that make up the Technicolor world of Toobalooba. All the characters that are on the same side as the protagonists have the suffix -bory in their name while all the villains have the suffix -gury in their name. Instead of saying the word "everybody," people in the cartoon use the made-up word "everybory" instead (while occasionally saying "everybory and everygury.")
The cast of villains include Wangury and his band of Bullygury pirates (Mungury and Taegury), a lonely girl named Rosygury and an abominable snowman named Coldygury that can throw snowballs from his hat when he is angry at "somebory" or "somegury." Other characters including in the television show are the Beebees, Bakerbory, Doctorbory, Farmerbory, Babysitterbory, and the singing flowers. The finale of the series aired on CBS during the weekend of December 12–13, 2009. The Borys and Gurys celebrate Christmas in "Kiki's Gift" and "Santa's Cave."
Borys and Gurys
- Everything has a black-and-white mentality to it; there is no neutral group (Bory or Gury) to counteract the lawful good nature of the Bory people or the chaotic evil of the Gury people.
- Any character with a suffix of "Bory" is a good guy while anyone with a suffix of "Gury" is a bad guy. While this sounds simple and childish, that is how things are dealt with in Toobalooba.
- A "Bory" can never become a "Gury" by doing an especially heinous deed (to counteract his good nature) and a "Gury" can never become a "Bory" by doing an exceptionally good deed (to counteract his evil nature).
- Although rarely seen, Borys and Gurys can co-exist with each other when the need arrives.
- Doctorbory comes to give Coldygury some orders to rest when he was infected with Singeritis. The "disease" was spread from Coldgury to Lukybory and to Wangury and Cozybory before being contained.
- In a previous episode, the Ghostygurys have also helped Noonbory and his friends defeat the plans of Wangury and his henchmen.
- Rosygury has enlisted the help of Kikibory by pretending to be a Bory in distress. Using Kikibory, she has managed to steal valuables that belong to various members of the Bory tribe.
- However, Wangury never seeks of help of any Bory because he wants to conquer Toobalooba. He even makes enemies of the other Gurys (on a temporary basis) when they become nice to the Borys.
- For example, Wangury steals Coldygury's sled when he wants to have a sled race with the Borys. At first, Coldgury was furious at the Borys for not having his sled and attacked them with snowballs. Wangury turned out to be the culprit near the end of the episode.
- Mamby is the only "Bory" that cannot speak, but can whistle and transform into just about anything, such as a parachute. This character has the additional ability to stretch its body far.
- Taste – Having this super ability allows Totobory to taste things without actually consuming it. This is good for when Totobory has to compare some food-related item to another.
- Hearing – This super ability permits Jetybory to hear things from far away.
- Sight – Lunabory can see things from farther away than anyone else.
- Nonsense – Lukybory has a hard time making sense of things; he has a younger sister named Kikibory who has a supersonic scream.
- Common sense – Noonbory uses this sense to figure out the most logical thing to do next. He is the only Bory with an older relative seen in the show.
- Smell – Pongdybory has the ability to smell things even though it occasionally followed by a powerful sneeze.
- Touch – Cozybory has the ability to feel things using the sense of touch.
- Noonbory is a 10-year-old white bory and also the main protagonist of the series. He is the friendly, studious and thoughtful leader who often uses a helicopter device to fly across vast distances along with a shield that can stop things in its track. He has two catchphrases, depending on the situation. As such, he has a habit of saying "Let's make super sense of this!" before they sensitize, or sometimes after they sensitize. His other catchphrase is "Hurry Scurry", which he often says whenever anyone's not catching up, they are about to spring into action or occasionally when the situation calls for it. There's a little yellow Bory (Mamby) who is Noonbory's sidekick. Noonbory wears headgear in the shape of Mamby.
- Mamby is Noonbory's small yellow and orange sidekick who is the smallest of the Borys. Unlike other borys, Mamby cannot speak, instead he whistles. Whereas most bory's arms can't disappear, Mamby's arms can appear and disappear into his body at any time. Mamby can transform into anything, like a parachute or a mattress.
- Cozybory is a 9-year-old purple usually painting pictures or doing other feminine things while not out with the "Super Bory" team. She wears a pink dress and likes to touch things.
- Lunabory is an 8-year-old, one of the Super 7, her super sense is the ability of sight she can see far distances with her super senses usually when the situation calls for it like when they need to find the gury that is usually causing trouble for the episode. Her catchphrase is "Seeing is believing" and has a habit of saying it when she uses her powers. One time, she used her powers to help win a game, but in the end she learned her lesson of cheating.
- Jetybory is a 9-year-old She is a member of the super seven and has the supersense of hearing and can hear from great distances.
- Lukybory is the seventh unofficial member of the Super 7. He is 8 years old. he represents uncommon sense he tends to make the sitiuation unitentionally worse as he is the only other member who doesn't have a supersense other than Noonbory. Sometimes he provides the answer to the sitiuation. Ironically, Lukybory doesn't have any powers, unlike his little sister Kikibory has the ability to emit super sound.
- Kikibory is the little sister of Lukbory. She is 6-years old. She has the ability to emit supersound waves from her mouth.
- Totobory is an 8-year-old brown bory He is 8-years old. His supersense taste he can taste things without actually eating the food, he also has these leaf like petals on his head that act like tentacles that can allow him pick these that either far away or too high.
- Pongybory is a 7-year-old bory. He has the supersense of smell and is able to smell things from far away. When he uses that, two pink snout-like markings on his face glow, although it is occasionally followed by a powerful sneeze.
- Noonbory's grandfather Hanubi can perform all sorts of magical acts from disappearing to teleportation to switching peoples minds in different bodies. Sometimes, though he can be distracted. In one episode, he used a spell that made everything smaller and multiplied by six. He accidentally made six little Wangurys because he said "Too late to look, need a magical fix, make this smaller and do it times six." Hanubi is very old and wise. He carries a magic stick (staff) from a very old tree and looks like an older version of Noonbory with a mustache.
- Bakerbory loves making bread and pies for all the Borys in Toobalooba. However, his food is always being stolen by Wangury and his henchmen. He lives at his bakery and loves entertaining the Super Borys.
- Babysitterbory is often given the task of taking care of the Kidborys. Once in a while, a Super Bory accepts the offer to temporarily babysit the Kidborys but ends up losing them. However, Babysitterbory is always grateful for the Super Borys once all of Babysitterbory's children have been rescued.
- The Builderborys are a group a borys who build things for other borys throughout village. There craftmenship ranges around carpnetry such as building swings, toys, etc. They always were there hard hats when on the job to be safe when they are building. Usually they are frequently in distressed some episodes.
- Doctorbory has been known not only to treat Borys but Gurys as well. She is the only Bory to be treated with respect by Wangury. For illnesses like Singeritis, Doctorbory always gives out a sweet treat.
- Coldygury can only live in Winter where it is always cold. He speaks in sentences using the style of an illeist and is often the first to help a Bory. Always targeted by Wangury, Coldygury has a defense mechanism of throwing snowballs at anyone when he gets angry. If taken too close to Spring (where the Borys live), Coldygury starts to melt and become smaller until he vanishes completely.
- Living in the haunted forest, all the Ghostgurys want to have some peace and quiet with anybody to disturb their rest. They have been known to scare Wanggury in addition to Noonbory's gang.
- Wangury is the evil pirate mastermind who wants to take over Toobalooba and spread general havoc. Hated among even the other Gurys, Wangury is the most chaotic evil in Noonbory's world – spreading mischief and "super silly villainy" without respect for common sense. Wangury lives in a pirate ship but is never seen sailing it.
- Rosygury is a young female Gury that lives near the Bory Village. She likes her roses and attacks any Bory who threatens her rose garden with vines. Unlike Coldygury, Rosygury uses complete sentences and have been know to get Borys to betray their kind by stealing valuable objects for her.
- Dozegury is a dragon gury that is also evil. He is able to turn invisible, can transform things into other things, and, like other dragons, breath smoke out of his nose. It is unknown if he breathes fire. He also can be seen carrying his trademark umbrella.
|Episode #||Title||Date Aired|
|1||"Wangury Wants to Fly / Luky's Bubble Trouble"||September 19, 2009|
|2||"Coldygury and the Hot Lost Buns / Luky and the Runaway Tree"||September 19, 2009|
|3||"Ship Shape / Coldy's Snow Gurys"||September 26, 2009|
|4||"Wangury and the Windbike / Opposites Attract"||September 26, 2009|
|5||"Cozybory's Treasure Hunt / Big, Bigger, Biggest!"||October 3, 2009|
|6||"Ready, Steady, Go / Kiki's Best Friend"||October 3, 2009|
|7||"Loud and Clear / Kidnapped Kiddy-Cake"||October 10, 2009|
|8||"Problem Peach / Rosygury and the Bee Bee Trap"||October 10, 2009|
|9||"To Catch a Star / Hide and Go Squeak"||October 17, 2009|
|10||"Pongdybory's Cold Feet / Coldygury and the Dotories"||October 17, 2009|
|11||"Wangury's Silly Statue / Rock and Roll Mamby"||October 24, 2009|
|12||"Disappearing Act / Lukybory's Cape Caper"||October 24, 2009|
|13||"Pogo Go Stop! / Looba-Nutta Surprise"||October 31, 2009|
|14||"Bee-Bee Come Back! / Diggin' Dotoris"||October 31, 2009|
|15||"The Long and Short of It / The Gury Monster"||November 7, 2009|
|16||"The Great Switcheroo / A Honey of a Tale"||November 7, 2009|
|17||"Singer-itis / What's Up, Beavyuck?"||November 14, 2009|
|18||"A Coldy Day in Toobalooba / A Ghostygury Tale"||November 14, 2009|
|19||"Invisibory / Kiki's Whistle"||November 21, 2009|
|20||"Sleds Away! / A Rosy Day"||November 21, 2009|
|21||"A Little Too Much Wangury! / Luky's Big Idea"||November 28, 2009|
|22||"Adventures in Kidborysitting / Ring Around the Dozygury"||November 28, 2009|
|23||"Bragging Rights / Double Trouble"||December 5, 2009|
|24||"Tooba-Achooba! / Luky to the Rescue!"||December 5, 2009|
|25||"Cozy and the Rosy-stalk / Play it Again, Luky!"||December 12, 2009|
|26||"Kiki's Gift / Santa's Cave"||December 12, 2009|