The URL with Phred Show
|The URL with Phred Show|
The URL with Phred Show logo
|Created by||Alyssa Cooper|
|Country of origin||USA|
|No. of episodes||20|
|Running time||60 minutes|
|Original release||September 10, 2001 – March 31, 2002|
|Preceded by||Phred on Your Head Show|
Unlike Phred on Your Head Show, the show focuses on user-submitted content (often artwork presented through Noggin.com). The URL in the series' title is stated by Phred to stand for "U R Live," in addition to referencing the show's focus on Web content.
A former pickle jar mascot named Phred hosts a televised art showcase in between showings of other Noggin programs.
The show is hosted by Phred, a former pickle mascot who lives in the dot of Noggin.com. His co-hosts are two alien creatures, both named Skengle, who originated in a Noggin.com game titled "Skengle 2.0" in 2000. Big Voice, a commanding voice belonging to an unseen human, also plays a prominent role in the show.
Data such as high scores for videogames on Noggin.com would air along with the focused content. User-submitted content such as "Dress Phred" (a "dress-up" videogame in which the player chooses an outfit for Phred to wear), poll results (presented by two creatures both named Skengle), and "Noggimation" animated patches were often featured.
- "Noggin Credits". Noggin.com. Archived from the original on December 7, 2000.
- "Stephanie Michaels". Backstage.com.
- "Noggin unveils new interactive schedule". C21Media. 4 September 2001.
- Umstead, Thomas (11 June 2001). "Noggin adds interactive series". Multichannel News. – via HighBeam (subscription required)
- "The URL with Phred Show". TV Guide. Retrieved January 9, 2015.
- "Noggin goes back to school with new interactive programming beginning Monday, September 10". PR Newswire.
- "Noggin and Bottle Rocket launch Skengle 2.0". Yahoo! News. 5 October 2000. Archived from the original on October 17, 2000.
- The URL with Phred Show at the Internet Movie Database
- The URL with Phred Show at TV.com
- The URL with Phred Show on TV Guide