Peter Rabbit (TV series)
|Opening theme||"Let's Go!"|
|Country of origin||United States / United Kingdom / Ireland|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||57|
|Running time||23 minutes|
Brown Bag Films
|Original release||December 14, 2012 – present|
Peter Rabbit is a CGI animated television series that debuted on Nick Jr. on December 14, 2012 in the United States and on CBeebies channel and BBC1 on December 25, 2012 in the United Kingdom. It is based on the character of the same name from the Beatrix Potter children's books. The series debuted in 2012 with a holiday special, Peter Rabbit's Christmas Tale, which was watched by three million viewers in the U.S. The first official DVD of "Peter Rabbit" came out on May 28, 2013, as a Walmart exclusive. it contains the show's first eight episodes on a single disc. On October 11, 2013, Nickelodeon ordered a second season of 26 episodes.
The show follows mischievous, charming Peter Rabbit as he overcomes obstacles, outwits predators and avoids danger. Peter wants to grow up to be just like his late father and carries his journal (a guide on how to be a good rabbit) on his adventures with his friends, Cousin Benjamin Bunny and new character Lily Bobtail, in the Lake District of northern England.
- Peter Rabbit – An imaginative and adventurous young rabbit. Unlike the character from the books, this Peter Rabbit lacks shoes. (voiced by Colin De Paula (Season 1) L. Parker Lucas (Season 2-present) in the U.S., Connor Fitzgerald in the UK.)
- Benjamin Bunny – Peter's cousin and friend who joins him on his adventures. (voiced by Jorge Pupo in the U.S., Danny Price in the UK.)
- Lily Bobtail — Peter and Benjamin's quick-witted friend who carries many useful objects in her pocket. Lily was created by the production team for the series. (voiced by Michaela Dean in the U.S., Harriet Perring in the UK.)
- Mr. Tod – A fox who constantly tries to capture Peter, Benjamin and Lily. (voiced by Mark Huckerby)
- Squirrel Nutkin – A tailless squirrel and the leader of the squirrels. (voiced by Jeff Bennett)
- Mrs. Rabbit– Mother of Peter, Flopsy, Mopsy, and Cotton-tail. Aunt of Benjamin. (voiced by Stephanie Sheh (Season 1) and Kate Koslowski (Season 2))
- Flopsy and Mopsy – Peter and Cotton-Tail's bossy and smug twin sisters. Benjamin's twin cousins. (voiced by Fran Brill (Season 1) and Brittany Harms and Sawyer Niehaus, respectively (Season 2))
- Cottontail – Peter, Flopsy and Mopsy's baby sister. Benjamin's youngest cousin. (voiced by Jennifer Iacono (Season 1) and Aviella Kibel (Season 2))
- Mr. Bouncer – Benjamin's father. Uncle of Peter, Flopsy, Mopsy, and Cotton-tail. (voiced by John White)
- Mr. Jeremy Fisher – A frog who Peter, Benjamin and Lily accidentally cause trouble for on occasion. (voiced by Kirk Thornton)
- Jemima Puddle-Duck – A kind duck who knows Peter and his friends well. (voiced by Sarah Bolt)
- Mrs. Tiggy-Winkle – A hedgehog and one of the many townspeople Peter interacts with. (voiced by Gwenfair Vaughan)
- Ginger and Pickles – Cat and dog who run the village shop. (voiced by J.B. Blanc and Kirk Thornton, respectively)
- Mr. McGregor – A human farmer whose vegetables are the target of Peter. His face is kept hidden from the picture. (voiced by Dave Mitchell)
- Tommy Brock – An irritable badger who finds Peter and his friends obnoxious. (voiced by John White)
- Old Brown – A short-tempered owl who wants nothing but silence. Thus he would attack anyone who makes a sound within his vicinity. He constantly chases after Nutkin for disrupting the peace. (voiced by Dave Mitchell)
- Samuel Whiskers – A rat who's full name is Samuel Jeremiah Bartholomew Edmond Cornelius Whiskers (voiced by Shawn Curran)
- Dr. Warren Bobtail – Lily's father. He has a strong sense of smell. (voiced by Shawn Curran)
- Mrs. Bobtail – Warren's wife and Lily's mother. (voiced by Sarah Bolt)
- Pig Robinson - A friendly pig who lives on a farm with his best friend Mittens.
- Mittens - A cat who lives on a farm with her best friend Pig Robinson. While somewhat hostile to Lily, Peter and Benjamin at first, she eventually warms up to them. She is aggressive to Samuel Whiskers.
Fifty episodes of the series have been aired as of 2015.
|First aired||Last aired|
|1||29||December 14, 2012||October 7, 2014|
|2||29||October 8, 2014||May 6, 2016|
Season 1 (2012–14)
Season 2 (2014–16)
Presently it is airing in Canada on Treehouse TV which also has games.
"Peter Rabbit's Christmas Tale" (Dec 14, at 7 p.m. ET/PT), drew 3 million total viewers and ranked as the number-one program with K2-5 and K2-11 across all TV in its time period. It was also the top-rated and most-watched preschool telecast for the week, posting double and triple-digit gains over last year with K2-5 (6.7/891,000, +196%) and K2-11 (4.7/1.6 million, +22%); and A18-49 (.9/940,000, +73%), making it the week's top preschool telecast.
According to 'By The Numbers', Nickelodeon's brand-new animated series Peter Rabbit hopped to the top of the charts, with its Tuesday, Feb 19 premiere, which delivered 1.7 million total viewers. The new CG-animated series was also basic cable's top telecast in its time period (12-12:30 p.m. ET/PT) with K2-5, A18-49, W18-49 and total viewers, posting double-digit gains for the net with K2-5 (5.7/760,000, +21%), A18-49 (+47%), W18-49 (+43%) and total viewers (+31%).
CBeebies broadcasts of the show have been equally successful with the broadcast on Christmas morning 2012 on BBC1 earning it the highest ratings on any channel in that timeslot.
- "Adventure Abounds In Peter Rabbit, Nickelodeon's New Animated Preschool Series Premiering Tuesday, Feb. 19, At 12 PM (ET/PT)" (Press release). Nickelodeon. February 7, 2013. Retrieved July 31, 2016 – via PR Newswire.
- "Peter Rabbit". bbc.co.uk. Retrieved May 7, 2015.
- "Nickelodeon Premieres Peter Rabbit with Holiday Special". People Magazine. December 12, 2012. Retrieved February 8, 2013.
- "Adventure Abounds in "Peter Rabbit," Nickelodeon's New Animated Preschool Series Premiering Tuesday, Feb. 19, at 12 PM (ET/PT)". Futon Critic. December 12, 2012. Retrieved February 8, 2013.
- Milligan, Mercedes (February 7, 2013). "'Peter Rabbit' Hops to Nickelodeon". Daily Dead. Retrieved February 8, 2013.
- Chozick, Amy (December 5, 2012). "Bet Your Camomile Tea, Peter, You're a TV Star Now". NY Times. Retrieved February 8, 2013.
- Peter Rabbit episode 9 The Tale of the Start of Spring
- "Peter Rabbit". TVGuide.com. Retrieved May 7, 2015.
- "Peter Rabbit". TVGuide.com. Retrieved May 7, 2015.
- "Watch Online Peter Rabbit Season 1 Episode 0 - The Tale of Benjamin's Map". watch-series-tv.to. Archived from the original on 11 March 2016. Retrieved August 26, 2015.
P - Peter Rabbit - Season 1 Episode 0 - The Tale of Benjamin's Map
- "The Tale of the Lost Ladybug / The Tale of Old Rusty (Illegal Software)". TVGuide.com. Retrieved August 26, 2015.
- "Peter Rabbit — Episode Guide". Zap2it. Retrieved March 25, 2015.
- "Dr. Bobtail's Adventure; Locked Cage". Zap2it. Retrieved March 25, 2015.
- Milligan, Mercedes (November 12, 2015). "Nickelodeon Decks Programming for Holidays". Animation Magazine. Retrieved November 21, 2015.
- Koch, Dave (May 1, 2014). "Peter Rabbit Bags Three". Big Cartoon News. Retrieved May 1, 2014.