Comedy Central (Australia)
|Launched||1 April 2016|
|Owned by||VIMN Australia and New Zealand (Viacom)|
|Picture format||576i (16:9 SDTV)|
|Fetch TV||Channel 108|
Comedy Central is an Australian 24-hour linear subscription television channel dedicated to comedy programming. Launched on 1 April 2016, the channel is exclusively available via Australian IPTV provider Fetch TV.
On 29 February 2016, it was announced that following discussions since mid 2015, Fetch TV had finalised discussions with Viacom on Friday 26 February 2016 to launch Comedy Central. The launch comes following increased local presence by Comedy Central. The channel, which will be advertisement free and be exclusively available via Fetch TV, will be broadcast from Australia and as a result see Viacom hire additional local personnel for operations. The launch of Comedy Central coincided with the closure of sister channel MTV Classic.
The network airs content from its U.S. counterpart, with 90% of the programming at launch coming from the Viacom library, in addition to local productions - which initially is in short form. Although Viacom have existing agreements with the Foxtel-owned The Comedy Channel, content is made available to both Comedy Central and The Comedy Channel at the same time.
- Adam Devine's House Party
- Another Period
- Broad City
- Chappelle's Show
- Comedy Central Roasts
- Drawn Together
- Drunk History
- Inside Amy Schumer
- Key & Peele
- Nathan for You
- Not Safe with Nikki Glaser
- South Park
- The Daily Show with Trevor Noah
- The Half Hour
- The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore
- Mason, Max (29 February 2016). "Viacom signs deal with Fetch TV to launch Comedy Central". The Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 1 March 2016.
- Knox, David (14 January 2016). "Comedy Central launches Aussie website". TV Tonight. Retrieved 1 March 2016.
- "Comedy Central comes to Fetch TV". mUmBRELLA. 29 February 2016. Retrieved 1 March 2016.
- Fetch TV (28 February 2016). "Get ready to laugh your face off.". Facebook. Retrieved 2 March 2016.
- Knox, David (29 February 2016). "Comedy Central coming to Fetch TV". TV Tonight. Retrieved 2 March 2016.
- Knox, David (7 May 2016). "Comedy Central launches first Aussie comedy shorts". TV Tonight. Retrieved 9 May 2016.
- Barrett, Dan (30 March 2016). "Comedy Central Australia – 8 things you need to know for its launch". Media Week. Retrieved 9 May 2016.
- "Today Is The Day! Comedy Central's Australian Fetch TV Channel Is Launching At 7pm!". Comedy Central Australia. 1 April 2016. Retrieved 9 May 2016.
- "BREAKING: Comedy Central Will Be Launching Australian TV Channel". Comedy Central Australia. 29 February 2016. Retrieved 9 May 2016.