Asia Business News
|Asia Business News|
|Launched||November 1, 1993|
|Closed||February 1, 1998 (merger with CNBC Asia)|
|Owned by||Dow Jones and Company|
|Replaced by||CNBC Asia|
Asia Business News (ABN) was a business news television channel owned by Dow Jones and Company. It was founded on November 1, 1993 and it was based in Singapore. It was the sister network of London-based European Business News (EBN). On 2 February 1998 the channel merged with NBC's CNBC Asia. Initially, most of ABN's programmes and presenters migrated to the new channel and it operated from ABN's former headquarters in Singapore. The merged channel was initially named CNBC Asia Business News but on June 1, 1998 it was simply referred to as CNBC Asia.
- Breakfast Briefing
- Asian Wall Street Journal on Air
- Trading Day
- Asia Market Digest
- Far Eastern Economic Review on Air
- Money Talk
- Corporate Raiders
- Keiko Bang
- Lisa Barron
- Stuart Pallister
- Jim Sciutto
- Chris Slaughter
- Joshi, Namrata; M.M. Vetticad, Anna; Rajadhyaksha, Mrudula (9 February 1998). "It's Only Business". Teletalk. India Today. p. 82.
- Fabrikant, Geraldine (8 December 1997). "Overseas News Merger Seen By Dow Jones and CNBC". Retrieved 20 July 2015.
- "Dow, NBC to merge cable TV operations.". Indian Express Newspapers. December 10, 1997. Archived from the original on October 26, 2014.