Binge (TV channel)
|Launched||5 October 2016|
|Sister channel(s)||Foxtel Networks channels|
Binge is an Australian 24-hour cable and satellite subscription television channel available on the Foxtel platform. Originally scheduled to launch on 1 October 2016, the channel instead launched on 5 October 2016. The channel, similar to sister channel BoxSets, will broadcast multiple episodes of drama and comedy programs, allowing viewers to binge-watch a series. Binge will be part of the drama pack on channel 116.
The channel was announced on 1 August 2016 as a replacement for SoHo, which would be closed at the same time. Existing programs on SoHo would be migrated to other Foxtel channels, including showcase, TV H!TS, Arena and FOX8.
Programming on Binge will be aimed at the 18-49 and 25-54 demographic groups. Series that will be broadcast on the channel include Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow, Pretty Little Liars, Vampire Diaries, Empire, Girls, Californication, Veep and Grimm. Later confirmed programming for the channel include The Good Wife, Scandal, The Brink, Reign and True Blood.
- Johnston, Rae (1 August 2016). "Foxtel Has A New 'Binge' Channel". Gizmodo. Retrieved 1 August 2016.
- Knox, David (1 August 2016). "Foxtel closing SoHo, adds new Binge channel.". TV Tonight. Retrieved 1 August 2016.
- "Binge is the new binge". 2016-09-15. Retrieved 2016-09-20.
- "Foxtel announces new 'Binge' channel". SoHo. 1 August 2016. Retrieved 1 August 2016.
- "Foxtel reveals programming for new channel Binge". MediaWeek. 14 September 2016. Archived from the original on 14 September 2016. Retrieved 14 September 2016.
- "Foxtel Announces New 'Binge' Channel". B&T. 1 August 2016. Retrieved 1 August 2016.