|Broadcast area||Victor Valley, California|
|Branding||The Route 103|
|Slogan||The Greatest Hits Of All Time|
|First air date||August 18, 1980 (as KVVQ)|
|Transmitter coordinates||34°36′44.0″N 117°17′29.0″W / 34.612222°N 117.291389°W|
|Callsign meaning||K Victorville's FroG (previous format)|
CBS Radio |
(CBS Radio Stations Inc.)
|Sister stations||KCAL-TV, KCBS-TV, KFRG, KRAK, KXFG|
|Website||The Route 103.1 website|
KVFG (103.1 FM) is a commercial radio station in Victorville, California, broadcasting to the Victor Valley, California, area. KVFG is owned by CBS Radio. Its studios are in Hesperia, California and the transmitter is in Victorville.
The station signed on August 18, 1980 as KVVQ, a top 40 station. The call letters were changed to KHDR-FM in 1997. The station had a pure gold format by 2000, when Infinity Broadcasting Corporation (predecessor to today's CBS Radio) acquired it from Tele-Media Broadcasting. Infinity changed the call letters to the current KVFG and made the station a simulcast of KFRG, a country music station in San Bernardino, California. This lasted until February 16, 2010, when the sports format was introduced.
On December 26, 2011 KVFG ended stunting and changed their format to classic hits branded as "103.1 The Route".
- Broadcasting Yearbook 1981 (PDF). 1981. p. C-34. Retrieved February 17, 2010.
- "Call Sign History". CDBS Public Access. Federal Communications Commission. Retrieved February 17, 2010.
- "COMBOS". Broadcasting & Cable. June 18, 2000. Retrieved February 17, 2010.
- "CBS Radio Flips KVFG To Sports". Radio Ink. February 16, 2010. Retrieved February 17, 2010.
- CBS Stunts in Victor Valley
- The Route 103 website
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KVFG
- Radio-Locator information on KVFG
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KVFG