Clark County, Nevada|
San Bernardino County, California
Mohave County, Arizona
|Slogan||Las Vegas' Alternative First|
|Frequency||107.5 MHz (also on HD Radio)|
|First air date||1986 (as KLVV)|
HD2: Dance "Sin 107.5"
HD3: KXST CBS Sports Radio 1140 Simulcast
|HAAT||1,137 meters (3,730 ft)|
CBS Radio |
(CBS Radio Stations Inc.)
|Sister stations||KLUC-FM, KMXB, KXNT, KXQQ-FM, KXST|
KXTE (107.5 FM, X107-5) is a Alternative Rock radio station licensed to Pahrump, Nevada owned by CBS Radio. Former calls were KFBI, KUDA, KLVV. Owned by CBS Radio, the station's studios are located in the unincorporated Clark County area of Spring Valley, while its transmitter is atop Potosi Mountain.
KLVV began broadcasting in Las Vegas on the 107.5 frequency in April 1986. It was an adult contemporary station as "K-Love." In November 1988, this became KUDA, "Oldies 108 FM." Norm N. Nite once had a show on the station, called Solid Gold Scrapbook.
KUDA then became classic rock KFBI in 1993 and added Howard Stern's syndicated show. Three years later, it was sold to American Radio Systems, where PD Mike Stern and GM Alan Gray created a music format designed to appeal to the Howard Stern audience and changed the call letters to KXTE-FM. ARS later merged with Infinity Broadcasting (now CBS Radio). Stern stayed on KXTE until the station pulled him in November 2005, a month before he left terrestrial radio for Sirius Satellite Radio. He was replaced by Adam Carolla which ran from January 3, 2006 and ended on February 20, 2009. Dave Farra and Jason Mahoney, The Dave and Mahoney Morning Show (The DAM Morning Show), returned to the Las Vegas airwaves to take over mornings on April 20, 2009. Daena Kramer (DK) joined the morning show full time in May 2011 and the show name was changed to The Dave, Mahoney & DK Morning Show in 2013. On August 3, 2015, it was announced that the Dave, Mahoney & DK Morning Show would be moving to CBS Radio sister station KHMX in Houston.
Dave Farra's interview with cast members from the 2011 season of MTV reality television series, The Real World: Las Vegas, who were promoting their fundraiser for "Let the Kids Rock" to raise money for school children, was depicted in that season's finale, which premiered on June 1, 2011.
KXTE HD Programming
- KXTE-HD2 signed on its HD Radio programming in 2006 with an all-80's hits format, branded as "Rewind." On January 22, 2014, KXTE-HD2 flipped to EDM, branded as "SIN 107.5", a Top 40/pop format.
- KXTE-HD3 is a simulcast of KXST CBS Sports Radio 1140.
- "Leaving Las Vegas", The Real World: Las Vegas (2011), MTV.com, Season 25, Episode 13, accessed June 4, 2011.
- "EDM Spins Into Las Vegas On 'Sin 1075' HD" from All Access (January 22, 2014)
- X107-5 Online
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KXTE
- Radio-Locator information on KXTE
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KXTE