16 November 2009 (UK)|
3 December 2012 (Poland)
CBS Studios International/|
AMC Networks International
|Picture format||576i (SDTV 16:9)|
0.34% (September 2015 , BARB)
0.04% (July 2013, Nielsen)
|Broadcast area||United Kingdom, Poland, Africa|
UK & Ireland: Zone Thriller (2009)|
Poland: Zone Romantica (2012-2013)
Extreme Sports Channel
|Freeview (UK)||Channel 64|
|Freesat (UK)||Channel 137|
|Sky (UK & Ireland)||Channel 148|
|Eutelsat 28A||11222 H 27500 2/3|
|Virgin Media (UK)||Channel 192|
|Virgin TV Anywhere||Watch live (UK only)|
CBS Action is a television channel in the United Kingdom and Poland that launched on 16 November 2009.
On 14 September 2009, it was revealed that the international arm of CBS, CBS Studios International, struck a joint venture deal with Chellomedia to launch six CBS-branded channels in the UK during 2009. The new channels would replace Zone Romantica, Zone Thriller, Zone Horror and Zone Reality, plus timeshift services Zone Horror +1 and Zone Reality +1. On 1 October 2009, it was announced that CBS Reality, CBS Reality +1, CBS Drama and CBS Action would launch on 16 November 2009 replacing Zone Reality, Zone Reality +1, Zone Romantica and Zone Thriller. On 5 April 2010, Zone Horror and Zone Horror +1 were rebranded as Horror Channel and Horror Channel +1, following the rebrand of the portfolio’s other three channels in November 2009.
On 1 August 2012 Chellomedia revealed that all European versions of the Zone Channels would be rebranded into CBS Channels. CBS Action replaced Zone Romantica in Poland on 3 December 2012.
CBS Reality launched on Freeview on 1 April 2014, and as of July 2014, CBS Reality +1, CBS Action, CBS Drama & Horror Channel are available on the YouView platform as part of TalkTalk Plus TV's Entertainment Boost. A placeholder launched on Freeview and YouView on 29 August 2014 for CBS Action on channel 90, in addition to the channel being provided on the YouView TalkTalk platform. The channel started broadcasting on channel 70 on 1 October 2014. Then on 19 February 2015, CBS Action moved from channel 70 to channel 64 on Freeview. On 2 June 2015, it was removed from YouView channel 485.
- Bad Girls (since 21 October 2015)
- Hawaii Five-O
- The High Chaparral
- Jake and the Fatman
- Kung Fu
- The Dukes of Hazzard
- NCIS (seasons 1–6)
- Star Trek: The Original Series (remastered 4:3 cropped to 16:9)
- Star Trek: The Next Generation
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
- The Streets of San Francisco
- The Agency
- The New Twilight Zone
- Wonder Woman
- Ultimate Force
- Nash Bridges
- The 4400
- 18 Wheels of Justice
- Cops (now airing on CBS Reality)
- Queen of Swords (4:3 pan and scan version from 16:9)
- Adventure Inc. (4:3 pan and scan version from 16:9)
- F/X: The Series
- In Deep
- Jake 2.0
- La Femme Nikita
- Mission: Impossible
- Remington Steele
- Starsky & Hutch
- The Fugitive
- The Pretender
- The Sentinel
- Suspicious Agenda
- To Serve and Protect
- CBS Reality
- CBS Drama
- CBS Europa
- CBS Studios International
- AMC Networks International
- RTL CBS Extreme
- RTL CBS Entertainment
- "CBS FINALChello Zone partnership press release". Chello Zone. 2009-09-14. Archived from the original (DOC) on 2011-07-24.
- "CBS to launch UK channels with Chellomedia". Broadcastnow. 2009-09-14.
- "Zone Horror rebrands as Horror Channel". Broadband TV News. 2010-03-31.
- "CBS and Chellomedia take entertainment across EMEA". Broadband TV News. 2012-08-01.
- "Kanały CBS w Polsce. Co w ramówce?". Media2.pl. 2012-11-30.