|Launched||1 February 2006|
|Owned by||Sony Pictures Television|
576i (PAL) 16:9|
"Alléén op één"|
(Only on one)
Canal+ Netherlands (1997 - 2006)
Channel 20 (Film1 Premiere HD)|
Channel 21 (Film1 Action)
Channel 22 (Film1 Family)
Channel 23 (Film1 Sundance Channel)
Channel 101 (Film1 Premiere HD)|
Channel 102 (Film1 Action HD)
Channel 103 (Film1 Family HD)
Channel 104 (Film1 Drama HD)
Channel 105 (Film1 Sundance Channel HD)
Channel 301 (Film1 Premiere HD)|
Channel 302 (Film1 Action)
Channel 303 (Film1 Family)
Channel 304 (Film1 Sundance Channel)
Channel 305 (Film1 Drama)
Channel 80 (Film1 Premiere HD)|
Channel 81 (Film1 Action HD)
Channel 82 (Film1 Family)
Channel 83 (Film1 Sundance Channel)
Channel 84 (Film1 Drama)
Channel 85 (Film1 Premiere)
Channel 86 (Film1 Action)
Channel 11 (Film1 Premiere)|
Channel 12 (Film1 Action)
Channel 13 (Film1 Family)
Channel 14 (Film1 Sundance Channel)
Channel 15 (Film1 Drama)
Channel 16 (Film1 Premiere HD)
The service launched with three channels and a high-definition and timeshift version of the main channel. On 1 October 2008 Film1 Action was added to the line up. Film1 Series started on 17 January 2012 when it replaced the 1 hour timeshift channel Film1 Premiere +1. On 31 January 2012, Film1 announced that it would launch Sundance Channel in the Netherlands. It replaced Film1 Festival on 1 March 2012.
The channels are available on digital cable of most Dutch cable companies, satellite (CanalDigitaal) and IPTV (Tele2 and KPN). Satellite provider CanalDigitaal does not provide Film1 Spotlight and Film1 On Demand. IPTV provider Tele2 does not provide high-definition and Film1 On Demand. Film1 is not available via DVB-T.
Chellomedia (Liberty Global) launched Film1 together with its sister service Sport1 on 1 February 2006 and replaced the Canal+ Netherlands television channels. On 27 March 2015 Sony Pictures Television announced to acquire Film1 from Liberty Global. The take-over however will not take place until regulatory approval has been given. The service offers multiple film channels with Dutch and international productions many of which are television premières. It also broadcast television series, documentaries and concerts.
- Film1 Premiere: Main Flagship Channel
- Film1 Action: Second channel focuses on thriller, action, and horror films.
- Film1 Family: Third channel which focusses on comedy, family and children films.
- Film1 Sundance Channel: Fourth channel which focuses mostly on arthouse films.
- Film1 Drama: Fifth channel.
- Film1 On Demand and GO: A Video On Demand-service that provides selected content from all the above channels on an on-demand basis. The service is available from Ziggo's VOD service.
Television series line-up
- Alfred J. Kwak
- Bomb Girls
- Breaking Bad From Season 3
- Crossing Lines
- The Fall
- The Hour
- The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret
- The Killing From Season 3
- Mickey Mouse
- Necessary Roughness
- Once Upon a Time
- Real Humans
- The Straits
- This Is England '86
- This Is England '88
- Top of the Lake
- Utopia (UK)
- World Without End
- film1.nl (Dutch)
- "Film1 Series to challenge Dutch HBO".
- Robert Briel (31 January 2012). "Chellomedia launches Sundance Channel". BroadbandTVNews.com.
- "Chellomedia selects Tvinci to power online video service". Digital TV Europe. 20 September 2012.
- Robert Briel (26 July 2014). "Liberty Global willing to sell Film1". BroadbandTVNews.com.
- Robert Briel (27 March 2015). "Sony buys Film1 from Liberty Global". BroadbandTVNews.com.
- SONY PICTURES TELEVISION CLOSES FILM1 DEAL sonypicturestelevision.com, Retrieved on July 26, 2015