Type of site
|Video on demand|
|Available in||Hindi, English|
|Area served||India, United States, United Kingdom, Nepal, Canada and Singapore.|
|Owner||Sony Pictures Networks|
|Key people||Uday Sodhi|
|Services||On-demand video streaming|
|Slogan(s)||Jab Aap Chahein|
|Alexa rank||7,746 (October 2016)|
|Launched||22 January 2013|
Sony LIV is an Indian general entertainment Video on demand service that is owned by Sony Pictures Networks India Pvt. Ltd. based in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
The service was launched on January 23, 2013
Sony LIV is a part of the network of Television channels owned by Sony Pictures Networks India Pvt. in India along with the other channels being Sony TV, Sony SAB, Sony MIX, Sony MAX, Sony MAX 2, Sony SIX, SET PIX, AXN and Animax.
Sony Liv's Library consists of 18 years of content from the Sony Entertainment Network Channels in India Sony TV, SAB TV, Sony MIX, SET Max, Sony MAX 2, SET PIX, AXN
Along with a wide selection of English, Hindi & regional movies.
- Woh Teri Bhabhi Hai Pagle
- Parvarrish - Season 2
- Pyaar Ko Ho Jaane Do
- Saheb Biwi Aur Boss
- Lights Camera Kissey
- Power Couple
- Sankatmochan Mahabali Hanuman
- Chalti Ka Naam Gaadi…Let’s Go
- Police Factory
- Itna Karo Na Mujhe Pyaar
- Yam Hain Hum
- Chhoti Khushi
- Hum Aapke Ghar Mein Rehte Hain
- Wah Wah Kya Baat Hai
- Comedy Superstar
- Suryaputra Karn
- Bharat Ka Veer Putra – Maharana Pratap
- Crime Patrol Satark
- Hum Hain Na
- Itti Si Khushi
- Tum Aise Hi Rehna
- Chidiya Ghar
- Chandrakant Chiplunkar Seedi Bambawala
- Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah
- Baal Veer
- Badi Door Se Aaye Hain
- Gutur Gu 3
- Chintu Pintu
- Family Antakshri
- Yeh Dil Sun Raha Hai
- Piya Basanti Re
- Ek Rishta Aisa Bhi
- Hamari Sister Didi
- Tum Saath Ho Jab Apne
- Singhasan Battisi
- Khushiyon Kii Gullak Aashi
- Simply Baatien With Raveena
- Dil Hai Chota Sa Choti Si Asha
Sony LIV features programming in the following key genres: Comedy, Crime, Drama, Horror, and Action
Sony LIV is available in worldwide and three languages, including select programming in Hindi, English and Tamil.
Sony Pictures Networks India as a part of making additional content available to consumers signed a deal with Times Internet’s BoxTV to make its video content available on BoxTV’s website. The service will be available to BoxTV users worldwide.
Sony LIV has reached about 25 million views on monthly basis from its website, app and YouTube channel.
List of Sony LIV-ready devices:
- Sony Bravia Smart TVs & Sony Xperia Smartphones
Supported Web Browsers by Platform:
- OS X: An Intel-based Mac with OS 10.4.8 or later. Browser support is Safari 4 (or higher), Firefox 5 (or higher) or Google Chrome through web browser.
- Microsoft Windows: Windows XP Service Pack 2, Windows Vista, Windows 7 running Internet Explorer 8 (or higher), Firefox 2 (or higher) or Google Chrome 6 (or higher).
Windows 8.1 through web browser. Other software options:
- Android Version 2.2 and above.
- iOS iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch
- Mood Wheel - Content Suggestions based on Mood
- MY Q - Personalized Playlist
- LIV Gurus - Liv's Frequent Flyer Program for Video.
On June 1, 2014 Sony Pictures Networks India launched LIV Sports, a digital sports entertainment property. The destination will be a one-point access to the mix of sports and entertainment across devices.
LIV Sports is the official mobile and Internet broadcaster for the 2014 FIFA World Cup starting June 12. LIV Sports will show both live and video-on-demand match content with statistics and analysis.
- ↑ "SonyLIV.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2014-05-26.
- ↑ "Multi Screen Media Rebrands To Sony Pictures Networks". 2015-11-02.
- ↑ "Sony to move its video streaming service Sony LIV to a fee-based model". 2015-09-11. Retrieved 2015-08-31.
- Sony Pictures Networks India Site
- Sony Launches Video on Demand
- FIFA World Cup 2014 Rights
- Multiscreen Media Launches Liv Sports
- Official Facebook Page
- Official Twitter Handel