|Directed by||Godfrey Grayson|
|Produced by||Anthony Hinds|
Wilfred Burr (play) |
Rupert Grayson |
|Edited by||Ray Pitt|
|Distributed by||Exclusive Films|
Doctor Morelle is a 1949 British mystery film directed by Godfrey Grayson and starring Valentine Dyall, Peter Drury and Hugh Griffith. It was made by Hammer Films and based on a play by Wilfred Burr. It is also known by two alternative titles: Dr. Morelle: The Case of the Missing Heiress or simply The Case of the Missing Heiress. The character also appeared in a long running BBC radio series written by Ernest Dudley and starring Cecil Parker. Dudley also wrote many novels and short stories featuring the character.
Private detective Doctor Morelle, who is intrigued by a case of a wealthy young woman who has mysteriously vanished...
- Valentine Dyall – Doctor Morelle
- Peter Drury – Peter Lorrimer
- Hugh Griffith – Bensall, the butler
- Julia Lang – Miss Frayle
- Jean Lodge – Cynthia Mason
- Philip Leaver – Samuel Kimber
- Sidney Vivian – Inspector
- James Raglan
- Bruce Walker
As of 2013, Doctor Morelle currently holds a three star rating (5.6/10) on IMDb.
- Tom Johnson and Deborah Del Vecchio, Hammer Films: An Exhaustive Filmography, McFarland, 1996 p36
- BFI | Film & TV Database | DOCTOR MORELLE THE CASE OF THE MISSING HEIRESS (1949)