Further Up the Creek
|Further up the Creek
UK theatrical poster
|28 October 1958 London UK
Further Up the Creek is a 1958 British comedy film written and directed by Val Guest and starring David Tomlinson, Frankie Howerd, Shirley Eaton, Thora Hird, Desmond Llewelyn and Lionel Jeffries. It served as a follow up to Up the Creek, with Peter Sellers not reprising his role because it clashed with the filming of The Mouse That Roared. Frankie Howerd was drafted in to replace him.
Navy frigate the "Aristotle" is sold to a Middle Eastern power, and against regulations the ship's bosun tries to make a profit by selling tickets to passengers seeking a luxury cruise. When the Captain discovers what is going on, he attempts to straighten things out.
- David Tomlinson as Lieutenant Fairweather
- Frankie Howerd as Bosun
- Shirley Eaton as Jane
- Thora Hird as Mrs. Galloway
- Lionel Jeffries as Steady Barker
- Lionel Murton as Perkins
- David Lodge as Scouse
- John Warren as Cooky
- Sam Kydd as Bates
- Edwin Richfield as Bennett
- Peter Collingwood as Chippy
- Ian Whittaker as Lofty
- Esma Cannon as Maudie
- Tom Gill as Philippe
- Jack Le White as Kentoni Brother
- Max Day as Kentoni Brother
- Eric Pohlmann as President
- Michael Goodliffe as Lieutenant Commander
TV Guide wrote, "less rather than more, as most follow-ups are."
- "Further up the Creek | BFI | BFI". Explore.bfi.org.uk. Retrieved 2014-03-12.
- "Further Up The Creek! Trailer, Reviews and Schedule for Further Up The Creek! | TVGuide.com". Movies.tvguide.com. Retrieved 2014-03-12.