Discovery Channel (Netherlands)
|Network||Discovery Networks Benelux|
|Owned by||Discovery Networks Northern Europe (Discovery Communications)|
576i (PAL) 16:9 SDTV|
|Audience share||1.6% (2012, )|
|Slogan||Tot hier en verder (Till here and beyond)|
|Ziggo||Channel 17 (SD/HD)|
|Horizon||Horizon.tv (Netherlands only)|
Cable television has a very high penetration in the Netherlands, and the Discovery Channel is available on virtually every platform. It has enjoyed relatively high ratings for several years; in 2003 it had 1.5 percent share of all viewing, which had risen to 1.8 percent in 2008.
The Dutch Discovery Channel distinguishes itself from other versions by having broadcast live sports events. In late November it broadcast three matches from the Eredivisie. The highest rated of these matches was seen by 805,000 viewers.
Animal Planet and TLC are also widely available in Netherlands. Investigation Discovery, Discovery World and Discovery Science are available in the Netherlands as well, but they are only distributed as part of bonus packages.
- "Jaarrapport 2012" (PDF). Stichting Kijk Onderzoek.
- "Discovery Channel - Factsheet 2009" (PDF). Discovery Networks Benelux.
- "Eredivisie voetbal eenmalig een weekend lang live te zien op Discovery Channel" (PDF). Discovery Networks Benelux. November 18, 2008.
- "Historisch aantal kijkers voetbalweekend op Discovery Channel" (PDF). Discovery Networks Benelux. December 1, 2008.
- "Historisch aantal kijkers voetbalweekend op Discovery Channel". Nederlands MediaNetwerk. December 1, 2008.
- "Discovery Channel voortaan in breedbeeld". August 19, 2009.
- Jarco Kriek (April 29, 2012). "Discovery HD bij UPC van start". Totaal TV.
- Discovery Channel from Discovery Networks Benelux