Discovery Networks Benelux
|Cable television, Digital television|
|Parent||Discovery Networks Northern Europe Discovery Communications|
Discovery Networks Benelux is a branch of Discovery Networks Northern Europe responsible for channels in the Netherlands and Belgium. As of early 2009, Discovery Networks Benelux operates Discovery Channel (Netherlands), Discovery Channel (Flanders), Animal Planet and TLC (Netherlands) in the region with local advertising, sponsorship, programming and the use of the local language either dubbed or subtitled. Discovery Networks Benelux also utilize existing services from Discovery Networks Northern Europe, Discovery Science, Discovery World, Eurosport 1, Eurosport 2 and Investigation Discovery.
- Discovery Channel (Netherlands) (HD and SD)
- Discovery Channel (Flanders) (SD)
- Discovery HD Showcase (Flanders)
- Animal Planet (HD and SD)
- TLC (HD and SD, Netherlands only)
- Eurosport 1 (HD and SD)
- Eurosport 2 (HD and SD)
- Investigation Discovery
- Discovery World
- Discovery Science
In 2007, Discovery Networks Europe decided to localize its networks across Europe. This resulted in the establishment of Discovery Networks Deutschland, Discovery Networks Benelux, Discovery Networks Nordic, Discovery Networks UK & Ireland, Discovery Networks Italia and Discovery Networks EMEA (which served all other territories). As of 2011, localized operations in the United Kingdom & Republic of Ireland, Germany, Italy, Nordic countries (Sweden, Denmark, Norway & Finland), France and Benelux (Netherlands & Flanders) fall under Discovery Networks Western Europe. All other operations in Europe are operated by Discovery Networks CEEMEA in Warsaw.
- http://www.discoverynetworks.nl/Media/D/Discovery-Channel-noteert-historische-junimaand-j633831601352114036.pdf Archived January 1, 2011, at WebCite
- "Discovery splits UK and EMEA operations". Digital Spy. January 24, 2007.
- "Paxton steps down as Discovery splits". Broadcast. January 23, 2007.
- "Discovery realigns European structure". BroadbandTVNews.com. November 11, 2014.