|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||3|
|No. of episodes||49 (list of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Dan Schneider|
|Running time||22 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Schneider's Bakery|
|Original release||July 26, 2014 – present|
Henry Danger is an American superhero sitcom television series airing on Nickelodeon. The series was created by Dan Schneider and Dana Olsen. The series revolves around a 13-year-old boy who becomes the sidekick of a local superhero.
Henry Hart is a 13-year-old boy who lives in the town of Swellview. He lands a part-time job as Kid Danger, a sidekick to the superhero well known in Swellview as Captain Man. Captain Man tells Henry not to tell anybody about his job, so he keeps it a secret from his best friends Charlotte, who eventually discovers the secret, and Jasper, who also eventually discovers the secret through a misunderstanding, his younger sister, Piper, and his parents. Henry goes to a shop called "Junk 'n' Stuff", which has a secret lair called the Man Cave hidden underneath where Captain Man does his work. Captain Man says he will not be around for long and needs help; soon enough, he will need someone to take his place when he is gone.
- Henry Hart (Jace Norman) is a 13-year-old boy who becomes the sidekick of Captain Man. He is an average kid with friends and an after school job as Captain Man's superhero sidekick. Thanks to his skills and gadgets, Kid Danger has no problem helping Captain Man on his missions. He will always be with his friends even if he has to go save the world. In "Hour of Power," Henry gains super-quick reflexes during the fight against Captain Man's former sidekick Drex.
- Captain Man (Cooper Barnes) is a superhero who trains Henry. About 25 years ago, Ray Manchester's scientist father Dr. Carl Manchester accidentally pulled a lever on his Trans-Molecular Densitizer that Ray crashed into when riding his skateboard causing him to be indestructible and yet can still feel some pain for a short time. Now he is a crime-fighting superhero. He needed a sidekick, so he chooses Henry. Captain Man's Man-Cave is located underneath "Junk 'n' Stuff". Ray is shown to have a crush on Mrs. Hart despite the fact that she is married.
- Charlotte (Riele Downs) is one of Henry's best friends. She is sarcastic, clever, and smart. She is the "sass master" of the bunch, always there to snap everyone back to reality. She and Henry have been best friends for a long time and therefore she is close enough to him to tell it like it is. She is a big fan of Captain Man. In the fourth episode, Charlotte figures out Henry's secret and gets a job as Henry and Ray's manager.
- Jasper (Sean Ryan Fox) is one of Henry's best friends. He is full of ideas, but most of them are not good. He has been Henry's best friend since preschool. He is a bucket collector who always embarrasses Henry and Charlotte. He also asks a lot of questions and is a big fan of Captain Man as well. In the episode "I Know Your Secret", Henry reveals to Jasper that he is Kid Danger, and is taken into the business.
- Piper (Ella Anderson) is Henry's little sister who is a fan of Captain Man. She and Henry are not that close. Piper claims that she hates her life and overreacts to various issues mostly about social media. Piper is also shown to be annoyed with Jasper's antics and seems to have a big rivalry with him.
- Dr. Minyak (Mike Ostroki) is a mad scientist who is possibly Captain Man's nemesis.
- Nurse Cohort (Amber Bela Musa) is the female assistant of Dr. Minyak.
- Jeff (Ryan Grassmeyer) is a petty, dimwitted criminal who is always getting busted by Captain Man.
- Van Del (Josh Fingerhut) is a criminal who is the leader of the Wall Dogs graffiti gang.
- The Time Jerker (Joey Richter) is a criminal who makes use of his time machine, and makes a lot of time related puns.
- Mr. Hart (Jeffrey Nicholas Brown) is Henry and Piper's father.
- Mrs. Hart (Kelly Sullivan) is Henry and Piper's mother.
- Oliver (Matthew Zhang) is a strange and quirky boy. He is the best friend of Sydney and shares a similar interest in odd clothing.
- Sydney (Joe Kaprielian) is a boy who shares similar personality traits with his best friend Oliver.
- Mr. Gooch (Duncan Bravo) is the cashier at "Junk 'n' Stuff" who works with Captain Man. He alerts Captain Man of any dangers in Swellview. He also has a young nephew named Benjy and a pet carnivorous plant named Omar.
- Bork (William Romeo) is a tough man who works for Captain Man.
- Schwoz (Michael D. Cohen) is a worker for Captain Man who handled the equipment in the man cave as he was the one who built it. Ray and Schwoz's friendship was strained when Schwoz stole Ray's girlfriend. They eventually made up when Henry convinced Ray to forgive Schwoz. Since then, Schwoz has come up with various inventions to help Captain Man and Kid Danger, though at times he can be weird and funny, which makes Henry and Ray furious. He sometimes refers to his sister as someone who looks like a horse. He also had a shape-shifting android as his "girlfriend".
- Vice Mayor Willard (Timothy Brennan) is the vice mayor of Swellview.
- Trent Overunder (Winston Story) is the newsman on KLVY who reports on the activities in Swellview, which include Captain Man's heroic activities.
- Mary Gaperman (Carrie Barrett) is the co-anchor of Trent at KLVY.
- Miss Shapen (Jill Benjamin) is Henry's history teacher at Swellview Junior High.
- Bianca (Maeve Tomalty) is a girl who is Henry's love interest. In "Secret Beef", it is revealed that Bianca is not into beef and mostly prefers chicken. In "Danger & Thunder", it is revealed that Bianca has joined the latest season of the reality show "Kids in the Woods".
- Mitch (Andrew Caldwell) is a school bully who picks on Henry.
- Chloe Hartman (Jade Pettyjohn) is a girl who is Henry's other love interest and later stars in the reality show "Kids in the Woods".
- Veronica (Madison Iseman) is a young graffiti artist who is a temporary love interest of Kid Danger and originally worked as a member of the Wall Dogs graffiti gang led by Van Del before meeting Kid Danger. She then poses as a criminal known as the Mad Granny and attempts to get revenge on Captain Man for getting the Wall Dogs arrested. Kid Danger finds out about her alternate identity and breaks up with her.
|First aired||Last aired|
|1||25||July 26, 2014||May 16, 2015|
|2||18||September 12, 2015||July 17, 2016|
|3||TBA||September 17, 2016||TBA|
|Season||Episodes||First aired||Last aired|| Avg. viewers|
|1||25||July 26, 2014||1.94||May 16, 2015||1.55||1.75|
|2||18||September 12, 2015||2.13||July 17, 2016||2.60||1.8|
|3||6||September 17, 2016||1.82||TBA||TBD||1.98|
The series was picked up on March 13, 2014, with an initial production order of 20 episodes, later expanding to 26 episodes. On July 26, 2014, the series started airing with a one-hour special as the first episode. Series creator Dan Schneider stated on Twitter that a character from one of his previous series will make a guest appearance on the show. On November 18, 2014, the series was renewed for a second season. The second season premiered on September 12, 2015. On March 2, 2016, the series was renewed for a third season. The third season premiered on September 17, 2016. The series was renewed for a fourth season on November 16, 2016.
In Canada, the series premiered on October 8, 2014, on YTV. In Australia and New Zealand, the series began airing on January 24, 2015 on Nickelodeon. In the United Kingdom and Ireland, the series premiered on Nickelodeon on February 16, 2015.
Awards and nominations
|2015||Kids' Choice Awards||Favorite TV Show||Henry Danger||Nominated|
- Douglas Pucci (July 29, 2014). "Saturday Final Ratings". TV Media Insights. Archived from the original on August 26, 2016. Retrieved January 3, 2015.
- Mitch Metcalf (May 19, 2015). "Top 100 Saturday Cable Originals: 5.16.2015". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved August 26, 2016.
- Mitch Metcalf (September 15, 2015). "Top 100 Saturday Cable Originals: 9.12.2015". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved August 26, 2016.
- Mitch Metcalf (July 19, 2016). "Top 150 Sunday Cable Originals: 7.17.2016". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved July 19, 2016.
- Mitch Metcalf (September 20, 2016). "Top 150 Saturday Cable Originals: 9.17.2016". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved September 20, 2016.
- Dan Schneider [DanWarp] (September 13, 2014). "Dan Warp Twitter" (Tweet). Retrieved September 17, 2014 – via Twitter.
- Marianne Zumberge (November 18, 2014). "Nickelodeon Renews Henry Danger, Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn, Orders Two Pilots". Variety. Retrieved August 26, 2016.
- Nellie Andreeva (December 2, 2014). "Henry Danger and Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn Renewed by Nickelodeon". Deadline. Retrieved December 4, 2014.
- Brian Steinberg (March 2, 2016). "Nickelodeon Unveils Four Live-Action Series, Animated Movie at Upfront". Variety. Retrieved August 26, 2016.
- Denise Petski (November 16, 2016). "Henry Danger & Game Shakers Renewed by Nickelodeon". Deadline. Retrieved November 16, 2016.
- "Outrageous Fun This Fall on YTV! Weeknights at 7 PM ET/PT Beginning October 6". Corus Entertainment. September 30, 2014. Retrieved January 7, 2015.
- D Higgins (January 2, 2015). "January: 200+ new and returning Foxtel shows". Foxtel. Retrieved January 7, 2015.
- "Save the Day the Superhero Way with Nickelodeon This February". Viacom. January 15, 2015. Retrieved January 15, 2015.