|Channels||Analog: 8 (VHF)|
|First air date||October 18, 1959|
|Last air date||1963|
|Call letters' meaning||C J Stanley Shenkman|
The station originally signed on as a CBC Television affiliate on October 18, 1959, owned by Stanley Shenkman. Shenkman also acquired the radio stations CKSF and CKSF-FM, which both adopted the CJSS call sign as well.
In 1963, CJSS was acquired by Ernie Bushnell and converted into a rebroadcaster of Ottawa's CTV affiliate CJOH, making CJSS the first TV station in Canada ever to cease operations as its own station and become a repeater for another. The radio stations were sold to a local family, and subsequently broadcast as part of Corus Entertainment. Of these stations, AM 1220 (as CJUL) left the air August 18, 2010 leaving just CJSS-FM retaining the original call sign.
- The Brisson Brothers star on their own TV series “The Town & Country Show” on CJSS-TV in Cornwall, (Ottawa Country Music Hall of Fame, 1994).
- 237 Water Street East, former home of CJSS radio; in the late 1950s and early 1960s, this building served as the studios for short-lived CJSS-TV 8.
- Canadian Communications Foundation broadcasting history of CJSS-TV.