Rogers Media, a division of Rogers Communications|
(Rogers Sportsnet Inc.)
|Slogan||Fueled By Fans|
CTV Sportsnet Ontario (1998–2000)|
Sportsnet Ontario (2000–2001)
Rogers Sportsnet Ontario (2001–2011)
CFMT-DT, CJMT-DT, CITY-DT, Sportsnet One, Sportsnet World, Sportsnet 360
CJCL-AM, CFTR, CHFI-FM, CKIS-FM
118 and 417 (SD)|
216 and 313 (HD)
|Available on most Canadian cable systems||Check local listings, channels may vary|
Sportsnet Ontario (formerly known as CTV Sportsnet Ontario and Rogers Sportsnet Ontario) is a Canadian regional sports specialty channel owned by Rogers Communications serving most of all Ontario. It is one of four Sportsnet regional feeds.
It is the main television channel of the Toronto Maple Leafs, Toronto Raptors, and the Toronto Blue Jays (although the latter carried nationally).
- Nick Kypreos – Hockeycentral analyst
- Bill Watters – Hockeycentral analyst
- Gord Stellick – Hockeycentral analyst
- Paul Hendrick – Maple Leafs sideline reporter
- Andi Petrillo – Leafs TV reporter
- Bob McGill – former Leafs defenceman and current Leafs TV reporter
- Joe Bowen – Toronto Maple Leafs play-by-play voice
- Greg Millen – Toronto Maple Leafs colour analyst
High definition television
Originally, Sportsnet operated one national feed that consisted primarily of a simulcast of Sportsnet Ontario, carrying nationally televised events, or separate content from other regional feeds. That feed was launched on September 1, 2003. In 2007, Sportsnet began utilizing a second high-definition feed in order to broadcast select Toronto Maple Leafs and Ottawa Senators hockey games in HD, beginning in the 2007–08 NHL season, activated only in the regions a game is to be televised. On January 26, 2009, the national HD feed was replaced by individual HD feeds for Ontario.
- ↑ Rogers Sportsnet Continues as Home of Canucks Hockey with 47 Games in 2007–08 Retrieved on May 25, 2007. Archived January 10, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.