Spelling at The Heart Truth Fashion Show in February 2009
Victoria Davey Spelling|
May 16, 1973
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Television||Tori & Dean series|
|Relatives||Randy Spelling (brother)|
Victoria Davey "Tori" Spelling (born May 16, 1973) is an American actress, television personality, socialite and author. Her first major role was Donna Martin on Beverly Hills, 90210 in 1990, produced by her father, Aaron. She appeared in a string of made-for-television films, including A Friend to Die For (1994), A Carol Christmas (2003), The Mistle-Tones (2012) and Mother, May I Sleep with Danger? (2016), and rose to prominence through her roles in independent films such as The House of Yes (1997), Trick (1999), Cthulhu (2007), Kiss the Bride (2007) and Izzie's Way Home (2016). She reprised her prominent role of Donna Martin in Beverly Hills, 90210's spin-off, 90210, in 2009.
Spelling was born on May 16, 1973 in Los Angeles, California. She is the daughter of Candy (née Marer; born 1945) and television and film producer Aaron Spelling (1923–2006). She has a younger brother, Randy, a former actor who as of 2009 works as a life coach. Spelling's parents were from Jewish families whose ancestors moved to the United States from Russia and Poland. Her middle name comes from her paternal grandfather, David. She attended Beverly Hills High School in Beverly Hills, California, and graduated from Harvard-Westlake School in 1991.
At age six, Spelling was given acting lessons from an acting coach hired by her father, and was subsequently given guest spots on television shows such as The Love Boat, T. J. Hooker, Hotel, Fantasy Island, Vega$, and Saved by the Bell. At the age of 17, she was given the role of Donna Martin on Beverly Hills, 90210, co-produced by Aaron Spelling's company Spelling Television. Tori Spelling portrayed Donna for the show's entire run and was nominated for two Young Artist Awards.
While starring on Beverly Hills, 90210, Spelling was cast in a number of made-for-television films, including Co-Ed Call Girl (1992), A Friend to Die For (1994), and Mother, May I Sleep with Danger? (1996), and several independent films including The House of Yes (1997) and Trick (1999).
In 2006, Spelling starred as herself in the VH1 sitcom So Notorious, which parodied her public image. In January 2007, she and her second husband Dean McDermott pretended to purchase and operate a bed and breakfast hotel, Chateau La Rue in Fallbrook, California for their reality series, Tori & Dean: Inn Love (later Tori & Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood), which aired on Oxygen from 2007 to 2012. In July 2007, Spelling became a minister to marry a gay couple at Chateau La Rue. A tape of the wedding ceremony was shown on Inn Love.
On January 7, 2009, it was reported that Spelling would reprise her role as Donna Martin on Beverly Hills, 90210 spin-off 90210. She appeared in two episodes (19 and 20) as a special guest star.
In 2010, Spelling released her third book, uncharted terriTORI. Spelling told People: "I love sharing my stories and experiences with people and connecting to them on both a humorous and emotional level. The response to my first two books has been so amazing that I wanted to write a third one for my fans."
Home Sweet Hollywood's spin-off series, Tori & Dean: sTORIbook Weddings premiered on April 6, 2011. Writers, who claimed they came up with the idea of a similar series starring Spelling and husband Dean McDermott, filed a $60 million lawsuit against the series, citing breach of implied-in-fact contract, breach of fiduciary duty, slander of title, false advertising and unfair business practices among other charges. Later in 2011, Spelling voiced the Pirate Princess in Jake and the Never Land Pirates. She played a role in the comedy short film Hoarders: Untold sTori which premiered at the Outfest Film Festival in July 2011.
On September 4, 2011, Spelling made an appearance on Big Brother 13.
On April 21, 2012, Spelling hosted My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic 'Royal Wedding' special, celebrating the series' second season finale, called A Canterlot Wedding. She also hosted the series premiere of Craft Wars, where three new contestants each episode battle against each other crafting for a chance to earn $10,000.
On December 18, 2012, Spelling appeared on Nick Jr.'s Yo Gabba Gabba and performed a skit where she baked cookies for the characters on the show. This was part of a Christmas special for the series. The special included other famous guests such as Tony Hawk and My Chemical Romance.
It was announced on August 26, 2013, that production had started on a new reality television series titled Tori & Dean: Cabin Fever. The series chronicles Spelling, McDermott, and their four children as they move to a lakeside cabin in Ontario, Canada while renovating it into their vacation home. Eight half-hour episodes were produced and aired on CMT Canada and HGTV in 2014.
On July 3, 2004, Spelling married actor and playwright Charlie Shanian in a lavish $1 million ceremony. They separated in October 2005. Shanian cited irreconcilable differences when he filed for divorce, which was finalized on April 20, 2006.
Spelling married Dean McDermott less than a month later, on May 7, 2006, in a private ceremony in Wakaya, Fiji. McDermott was married to Mary Jo Eustace (1993–2006), but they separated and divorced after his affair with Spelling. Spelling and McDermott renewed their vows on May 8, 2010 in Beverly Hills, California. They have four children: Liam Aaron (born March 13, 2007), Stella Doreen (born June 9, 2008), Hattie Margaret (born October 10, 2011) and Finn Davey (born August 30, 2012). In October 2016, it was announced that Spelling was expecting her fifth child with McDermott.
Spelling was anticipated to inherit a sizable portion of her father's $500 million estate after his death in 2006. The estate was to be divided primarily between Spelling, her brother Randy, and their mother Candy. Candy Spelling was the estate executor, but she and Tori Spelling were estranged. Tori and Randy Spelling each inherited $800,000, although Randy was not estranged from Candy. It was reported that Candy established a $10 million trust fund for Tori's eldest child, Liam.
In her sixth book, Spelling It Like It Is, Spelling admitted to having financial troubles, due to the cancellation of her reality series, poor real estate decisions, and a difficult fourth pregnancy, during which she was hospitalized for ten weeks. In explanation, Spelling said, "...as my real estate obsession persists, it's starting to look more compulsive. Moving is expensive, and I've put us in a precarious financial situation."
In December 2013, it was reported that McDermott had cheated on Spelling with a woman named Emily Goodhand. The aftermath of the alleged affair was chronicled on a 16-episode Lifetime documentary, True Tori.
Spelling is an ordained minister with the Universal Life Church Monastery.
|1989||Troop Beverly Hills||Jamie|
|1996||Calls for Cthulhu||Susan||Video short|
|1997||House of Yes, TheThe House of Yes||Lesly|
|1997||Scream 2||Herself / "Stab" Sidney Prescott|
|2000||Perpetrators of the Crime||Lucy|
|2001||Scary Movie 2||Alex Monday|
|2002||Naked Movie||Iris Pytlak|
|2003||Evil Alien Conquerors||Jan (uncredited)|
|2004||50 Ways to Leave Your Lover||Stephanie|
|2005||Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story||Donna Martin (voice)||Direct-to-DVD|
|2007||Kiss the Bride||Alex Golski|
|2016||Izzie's Way Home||April (voice)||Direct-to-DVD|
|1981||Vega$||Julie||"Seek and Destroy"|
|1983||Matt Houston||Nelli Brant||"Fear for Tomorrow"|
|1983||Shooting Stars||Jenny O'Keefe||TV film|
|1983||Fantasy Island||Christy / Laurie Shannon||2 episodes|
|1983-1984||Love Boat, TheThe Love Boat||Penny Gibson / Sarah Roomey||2 episodes|
|1984||T. J. Hooker||Toni Polnoi||"Grand Theft Auto"|
|1987||Hotel||Jody 'Jo' Payne||"Barriers"|
|1989||Monsters||Beverly||"The Match Game"|
|1990-1991||Saved by the Bell||Violet Bickerstaff||"House Party", "The Glee Club", "Check Your Mate"|
|1990-2000||Beverly Hills, 90210||Donna Martin||Main role|
|1992||Melrose Place||Donna Martin||"Pilot", "Friends & Lovers"|
|1994||Burke's Law||Mary McKenna||"Who Killed the Host at the Roast?"|
|1994||Friend to Die For, AA Friend to Die For||Stacey Lockwood||TV film|
|1995||Awake to Danger||Aimee McAdams||TV film|
|1995||Biker Mice from Mars||Romana Parmesana (voice)||"Hit the Road, Jack"|
|1996||Deadly Pursuits||Meredith||TV film|
|1996||Co-ed Call Girl||Joanna||TV film|
|1996||Malibu Shores||Jill||"The Competitive Edge"|
|1996||Mother, May I Sleep with Danger?||Laurel Lewisohn||TV film|
|1997||Alibi||Marti Gerrard||TV film|
|2003||So Downtown||Liz||TV series|
|2003||Carol Christmas, AA Carol Christmas||Carol Cartman||TV film|
|2004||Help, TheThe Help||Molly the Dog Walker||Recurring role|
|2004||Less than Perfect||Roxanne Fielder||"Claude's Roxanne"|
|2005||Family Plan||Charlie||TV film|
|2005||American Dad!||Kim (voice)||"Stan Knows Best"|
|2005||Hush||Nina Hamilton||TV film|
|2005||Mind Over Murder||Holly Winters||TV film|
|2006||So Notorious||Tori Spelling||Sitcom|
|2007||The House Sitter||Elise Crawford||TV film|
|2008||Mother Goose Parade||Grand Marshall||TV film|
|2009||Rick & Steve: The Happiest Gay Couple in All the World||Gina Michaels (voice)||"The Only Straight in the Village"|
|2009||RuPaul's Drag Race||Herself||Season 1, Episode 3; guest for the main challenge.|
|2009||90210||Donna Martin||"Okaeri, Donna!", "Between a Sign and a Hard Place"|
|2011-2015||Jake and the Never Land Pirates||Pirate Princess||Recurring voice role|
|2012||Mistle-Tones, TheThe Mistle-Tones||Marci||TV film|
|2014||Mystery Girls||Holly Hamilton||Main role|
|2016||Mother, May I Sleep with Danger?||Julie Lewisohn||TV film|
- Trick (January 27, 1999)
- Her first book, sTORI TELLING (2008) was a New York Times bestseller.
- In 2009, Mommywood was published about her experiences with her children.
- A third book, UNCHARTED TERRITORI, was released in 2010.
- Presenting Tallulah (2010) is her first picture book.
- In 2012, Spelling published her first party-planning book, CelebraTORI.
- Her sixth book, Spelling It Like It Is, was released in 2013.
- "Monitor". Entertainment Weekly (1207). May 18, 2012. p. 29.
- As stated by Tori Spelling Tori & Dean: Home Sweet Home, episode: "RV There Yet?" Aired on 04/05/10.
- "Tori Spelling". People. Retrieved March 24, 2012.
- "Hardcover Nonfiction Best Sellers for week of 7 September 2008". The New York Times. 2008-09-17. Retrieved 2008-08-15.
- "A Look at Tori Spelling's Family Tree". Genealogy Magazine. June 2007.
- Pfefferman, Naomi (2002-03-01). "Spell Binding". JewishJournal.com. Archived from the original on Apr 30, 2008.
- "Tori Spelling biography". Biography.com.
- "Barbie, Meet Brenda". People. February 17, 1992.
- "EGOS & IDS; AIDS Fund-Raiser Called a First for Porn Stars". New York Times. February 1992.
- "Picks and Pans Review: Mother, May I Sleep with Danger?". People. September 30, 1996.
- "Stupid Questions". EW. January 31, 2005.
- "Actress hasn't bought Bed and Breakfast".
media venues have sung the same tune, claiming that Spelling used her $800,000 inheritance to purchase the bed and breakfast.A trip down to the San Diego County Assessors office on April 19 proved to be quite interesting. An assessment clerk, Ms. Lerma, easily pulled up the Chateau La Rue property address and reported that there had been no activity since 2004.
- Fromm, Emily (2007-07-10). "Meet Reverend Tori Spelling". People.com. Retrieved 2008-08-30.
- Mommywood at Amazon.com
- "Show Tracker". Los Angeles Times. January 7, 2009. Retrieved May 25, 2010.
- "Tori Spelling to Pen Third Book". PEOPLE.com. Retrieved 8 May 2015.
- "Tori & Dean: sTORIbook Weddings". Oxygen Official Site. Retrieved 8 May 2015.
- "Tori Spelling Reality Show Slapped With $60 Million Lawsuit".
plaintiffs allege that in 2007 they came up with a show idea called "Wedding Rescue" that would star Spelling and McDermott. Their idea was filed with the Writers Guild, and they pitched it to both the couple and an Oxygen executive. The parties passed on the project only to debut an "uncannily similar" show four years later.
- "Hoarders: Untold Stories Tori (2011)". IMDb. 17 July 2011. Retrieved 8 May 2015.
- "Big Brother: Tori Spelling Makes Surprise Visit". People. 2011-09-05. Retrieved 2012-03-24.
- "'Craft Wars' Premiere: Tori Spelling Brings Her Passion For Crafting To New Reality Competition Series (VIDEO)". Huffington Post. June 27, 2012.
- "Tori Spelling and 'Craft Wars': A reality contest, but with more glitter". CNN. July 3, 2012.
- "My Chemical Romance on Yo Gabba Gabba". Oh NO They Didn't!. Retrieved 18 December 2012.
- Smith, Alexander. "Watch Cults on Yo Gabba Gabba!". Paste. Retrieved 18 December 2012.
- "Production Begins on "Tori & Dean: Cabin Fever"". The Futon Critic. August 26, 2013.
- "Tori Spelling Admits Financial Troubles, Goes From Bling to Budget". ABC News. Retrieved 24 January 2014.
- Hall, Jacob (22 January 2016). "'Sharknado' Production Company The Asylum Launches an Assault on the Animation Medium With 'Izzie's Way Home'". SlashFilm. Retrieved 9 September 2016.
- "'Mother, May I Sleep With Danger?' (2016): TV Review". Hollywood Reporter. 2016-06-15. Retrieved 2016-06-20.
- "'My ex boyfriend called me ugly 10 times a day': Tori Spelling on the toxic relationship that shattered her confidence". Daily Mail. August 2012.
- "CELEBRITY CENTRAL / TOP 25 CELEBS: Tori Spelling". People. Tori's Torrid First Love. ... Spelling ends a two-year relationship with live-in boyfriend Nick Savalas, son of Kojak star, Telly. "It was a nightmare," Spelling tells Entertainment Weekly in 1996. "He was never physically abusive, but he was verbally abusive, telling me 10 times a day how ugly I was." However, she rebounds by dating a string of actors who appear in her father's TV shows. "My past record seems to be chiseled pretty-boy actors. I gotta say it: I always pick the ones that are 10 times better looking than me," she tells Harper's Bazaar in 1999.
- "Tori Spelling's Husband Files for Divorce". People. October 13, 2005.
- "Beverly Hills, K-A-P-U-T". People. October 3, 2005.
- "Tori Spelling's divorce to become final". USA Today. 2006-04-12. Retrieved 2012-03-24.
- "Mary Jo Eustace On Her Divorce From Dean McDermott & Her Confrontation With Tori Spelling". Access Hollywood. 2009-10-21. Retrieved 2012-03-24.
- "Tori Spelling and Dean McDermott Tie the Knot – Again!". People. 2010-05-08. Retrieved 2012-03-24.
- "Tori Spelling and Dean McDermott welcomed daughter Stella Doreen". People. 2008-06-09. Retrieved 2012-03-24.
- "Tori Spelling Welcomes Third Child". People. 2011-10-11. Retrieved 2012-03-23.
- "Tori Spelling Welcomes Boy". People. 2012-08-30. Retrieved 2012-08-31.
- Johnson, Zach (October 5, 2016). "Tori Spelling Pregnant With Baby No. 5". E! Online. Retrieved October 6, 2016.
- "Spelling Out Tori's Inheritance". eonline.com. Retrieved 2008-08-12.
- "Tori Spelling and Dean McDermott Welcome a Boy". People.com. Retrieved 2007-03-14.
- "Tori Spelling Reveals Pregnancy Complications, Almost Died While Carrying Baby Finn". E! News. Retrieved 2016-06-03.
- Spelling, Tori (2013). Spelling It Like It Is. Simon & Schuster. p. XI.
- Spelling, Tori (2013). Spelling It Like It is. Simon & Schuster. p. XI.
- "Dean McDermott Cheats on Tori Spelling With Emily Goodhand - Us Weekly". usmagazine.com. 26 December 2013. Retrieved 8 May 2015.
- Daniel D'Addario. "'True Tori' should end the era of celebrity mom-ism". salon.com. Retrieved 8 May 2015.
- "Tori Spelling Officiates". E! Online. Retrieved 8 May 2015.
- "Tori Spelling Is Telling All in New Book". ABC News. March 11, 2008.
- "Tori on 'Stori': Spelling is spilling it all out in new book". USA Today. March 11, 2008.
- "Spelling Lessons". EW. January 23, 2009.
- "Tori Spelling in 'Uncharted TerriTORI': I lost weight because of swine flu, migraines and nerves". New York Daily News. June 16, 2010.
- "'It hurts when people say I'm too skinny,' says Tori Spelling as she vows to put on weight". Daily Mail. June 16, 2010.
- "Tori Spelling To Write A Children's Book". Huffington Post. February 16, 2010.
- "Tori Spelling Shares "Presenting... Tallulah," Being Her Father’s Daughter and the Challenges of Having It All". PR. October 4, 2010.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tori Spelling.|