Investigation Discovery (Sweden)
|Investigation Discovery Sweden|
|Launched||June 1, 2015|
|Owned by||Discovery Networks Northern Europe|
|Audience share||0.5% (2015, )|
Investigation Discovery Sweden is a Swedish television channel operated by Discovery Networks Sweden focused on crime-related programming.
The European version of Investigation Discovery had been broadcasting to Sweden since 2010, but was initially not widely available through major distributors. On October 1, 2014, it was added to the leading cable network Com Hem. It was added by satellite operator Canal Digital on December 15. In January 2015, Discovery bought the terrestrial broadcasting license held by multicultural channel Kanal Global. That channel stopped broadcasting on February 15, 2015 and Investigation Discovery took over the license after that. The transaction was accepted by the Swedish Broadcasting Authority and the license is valid until 2020.
On June 1, 2015 the European channel was replaced by Investigation Discovery Sweden with content adapted for the Swedish market. The first original Swedish programme to air on the channel was Brottscentralen, a live crime show produced by Aftonbladet. Brottscentralen premiered on Investigation Discovery on August 31, 2015.
- "MMS Årsrapport 2015 2014-12-29-2016-01-03" (PDF). Mediamätning i Skandinavien.
- "Kanalförändringar". Com Hem. Archived from the original on 2016-01-28.
- "Investigation Discovery ny kanal i Familjepaketet". Canal Digital. 12 December 2014.
- "Kanal Global ger upp sin plats i linjär-tv – har för låga tittarsiffror för annonsörerna". Dagens Media. 19 January 2015.
- "Investigation Discovery tar över Kanal Globals kanalplats hos Boxer". Discovery Networks Sweden. 19 January 2015.
- "Hösten 2015 på Discovery Networks Sweden". Discovery Networks Sweden. 11 June 2015.
- "Ny profil på Investigation Discovery". Canal Digital. 29 May 2015.
- "SBS Discovery sänder Aftonbladet-program". Resumé. 7 April 2015.
- "Leif Silbersky till Brottscentralen". Dagens Media. 26 August 2015.