The Muppet Show (album)
|The Muppet Show|
|Soundtrack album by The Muppets|
|Released||June 25, 1977|
|The Muppets chronology|
The Muppet Show is the first soundtrack album released from the TV show of the same name. It reached number one in the UK Albums Chart in the week ending 25 June 1977. In 1979, The album won The Grammy Award for Best Album for Children.
The album includes selected songs from Season 1 of the Muppet Show as well as comedy sketches and various unlisted short skits, including interjections by Muppet characters Statler and Waldorf.
- "The Muppet Show Theme"
- "Mississippi Mud"
- "Mahna Mahna"
- "The Great Gonzo Eats A Rubber Tyre To The Flight Of The Bumble Bee"
- "Mr. Bassman"
- "Cottleston Pie"
- "The Amazing Marvin Suggs and his Muppaphone Play Lady of Spain"
- "Lydia the Tattooed Lady"
- "Halfway Down the Stairs"
- "I'm In Love With A Big Blue Frog"
- "Tit Willow"
- "Veterinarian Hospital - Soap Opera"
- "Simon Smith And His Amazing Dancing Bear"
- "What Now My Love"
- "A Monologue By Fozzie Bear"
- "Hugga Wugga"
- "Sax And Violence"
- "Bein' Green"
- Jim Henson as Kermit the Frog, Dr. Teeth, Rowlf, Swedish Chef, Waldorf, and Newsman
- Frank Oz as Fozzie Bear, Miss Piggy, Animal, Sam the Eagle, and Marvin Suggs
- Jerry Nelson as Floyd, Robin the Frog, Country Trio, and Uncle Deadly
- Richard Hunt as Scooter, Sweetums, Statler, Wayne, and Mildred
- Dave Goelz as Gonzo, Zoot, Bunsen Honydew, and Muppy
- Eren Ozker as Hilda, Wanda, and Janice
- John Lovelady as Crazy Harry and Nigel
- Fran Brill as Mary Louise
|UK Albums Chart||1977||1|
The Beatles at the Hollywood Bowl by The Beatles
|UK Albums Chart number one album
25 June 1977
| Succeeded by|
A Star is Born by Barbra Streisand
- ↑ Allmusic review
- ↑ "Number 1 Albums – 1970s". The Official Charts Company. Archived from the original on 9 February 2008. Retrieved 24 June 2011.
- The Muppet Show (album) at Discogs (list of releases)
This article is issued from Wikipedia - version of the 9/12/2016. The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share Alike but additional terms may apply for the media files.