Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2012 TV series) (season 4)
|Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (season 4)|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||26|
|Original release||October 25, 2015 – present|
The fourth season of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles began airing on Nickelodeon on October 25, 2015. On June 17, 2014, Nickelodeon ordered a fourth season of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
After the Turtles, April, and Casey are saved from the destruction of Earth, the Fugitoid uses his spacecraft the Ulixes to turn back time to six months earlier in order for him and the Turtles to prevent the Triceraton Empire led by Emperor Zanmoran from assembling the three components of the Heart of Darkness that are scattered throughout the universe before everything on Earth is lost. Besides fighting the Triceratons, the Turtles also face new enemies in outer space like Lord Vringath Dregg of the planet Sectoid and the bounty hunter Armaggon, and even have an adventure with their inter-dimensional 1987 counterparts and their enemy Kraang who is an exiled relative of Kraang Subprime. Despite the efforts of the Turtles, the Triceratons are still able to collect all three pieces of the Black Hole Generator, only for the Turtles to return to Earth and join forces with their past selves to warn Splinter before he is killed by the Shredder, stop the detonator of the Heart of Darkness, and defeat the Triceratons. The Fugitoid destroys the Black Hole Generator near the Triceraton space fleet, causing to explode, presumably killing the Triceratons. In the aftermath of the fight against the Triceratons, the past versions of the Turtles, April, and Casey leave Earth with the past Fugitoid in the Ulixes while the present Fugitoid's head reactivates in Earth orbit.
At one point, during their adventures throughout the cosmos, April is given a fragment of the ancient Aeon's mystical Sol Star (containing the very essence of power and life itself), and which helps her in further developing her psychic abilities as well as drastically increasing them to incalculable levels; also due to the several training sessions she had with the Fugitoid.
Weeks later following the Triceraton Invasion being thwarted and the Foot Clan's disappearance, April is promoted to kunoichi at the time when the witch Shinigami arrives and is revealed that she is Karai's friend as they plot to rebuild the Hamato Clan and dispose of Shredder who is still recuperating from his last fight with Splinter. While Karai and Shinigami got some ninjas on their side, the Foot Clan strengthens the Foot-bot army by creating the Elite Footbots. Furthermore, some other crime organizations have been plotting to take over the Foot Clan's territory, and a crystal fragment of immeasurable mystical power (which April had received from a benevolent alien race known as the Aeons) is beginning to exert quite a baneful influence on her. However, she eventually succeeds in overcoming its vast power and shatters it. She then apologizes for her not disregarding the universal influence the Sol Star fragment had on her, but assures everyone that she now has greater control over her increasingly powerful psionic abilities.
Using a special mutagen formula, Oroku Saki recuperates and becomes the Super Shredder in order to take back control of the Foot Clan from Karai, finish off Splinter and the Turtles, and even goes far enough to inject more unstable mutagen into himself.
After appearing in the two-part Season 2 episode, The Manhattan Project, the 1987 counterparts of the turtles had a crossover episode with the turtles from this series in the "Trans-Dimensional Turtles" episode. In addition with Cam Clarke, Rob Paulsen, Townsend Coleman and Barry Gordon reprising their roles as the 1987 Leonardo, Raphael, Michelangelo and Donatello, respectively, from the episodes, Pat Fraley also reprises his role as Krang from the 1987 series.
|Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date ||Prod.|
|79||1||"Beyond the Known Universe"||Alan Wan||Brandon Auman||October 25, 2015||401||1.62|
|After the destruction of Earth and Master Splinter's murder (by The Shredder at the last moment), the Turtles, April, and Casey travel back in time with a cyborg alien scientist known as the Fugitoid to six months earlier to stop the Triceratons from collecting all the parts to the black hole generator, pursued by the villainous ruler of the planet Sectoid, Lord Vringath Dregg, after crossing paths with him while stopping at a spaceport for repairs.|
|80||2||"The Moons of Thalos 3"||Michael Chang||John Shirley||November 1, 2015||402||1.66|
|Traveling inside their spacecraft, the Turtles, April, Casey, and the Fugitoid are shot down by the Triceratons and are stranded on an icy moon. As they try to escape, they come across two of the Newtralizer's people, the Salamandarians, one of which Raphael develops a crush on and nicknames "Mona Lisa".|
|81||3||"The Weird World of Wyrm"||Sebastian Montes||Randolph Heard||November 8, 2015||403||1.60|
|While investigating a wrecked ship, the Turtles, April, Casey, and the Fugitoid find a hypercube containing the creature Wyrm, who grants them three wishes.|
|82||4||"The Outlaw Armaggon!"||Alan Wan||Gavin Hignight||November 15, 2015||404||1.41|
|When Lord Dregg hires a cyborg bounty hunter shark named Armaggon to destroy the Turtles, the team flees to an abandoned space station. However, they soon face another threat in the form of the station's autonomous artificial intelligence system, Overmind.|
|83||5||"Riddle of the Ancient Aeons"||Michael Chang||Brandon Auman||January 10, 2016||405||1.62|
|The Turtles, the Fugitoid, April, and Casey must journey through an ancient alien temple to get a fragment of the black hole generator before the Triceratons do.|
|84||6||"Journey to the Center of Mikey's Mind"||Sebastian Montes||Todd Casey||January 17, 2016||406||1.58|
|When microscopic aliens invade Mikey's mind, the Turtles have to chase them through the strange world of Mikey's subconscious.|
|85||7||"The Arena of Carnage"||Alan Wan||Peter Di Cicco||January 24, 2016||407||1.58|
|The Turtles are captured and thrown into the Triceratons' battle arena. Their only chance of escaping is teaming up with a convicted traitor while April and Casey work with the Fugitoid to free them.|
|86||8||"The War for Dimension X"||Michael Chang||Kevin Burke & Chris "Doc" Wyatt||January 31, 2016||408||1.35|
|The Turtles must gain the trust of the Utrom Council (Queen, Rook, Bishop, and Pawn) in order to find the next piece of the black hole generator, where they learn the Utroms past, as well as the Kraang's.|
|87||9||"The Cosmic Ocean"||Sebastian Montes||Mark Henry||March 13, 2016||409||1.52|
|The Turtles journey through the cosmic ocean of Varuna in outer space, which is gravitationally bound together, where they must prove themselves worthy to Hiidalra, an aquatic alien queen who holds the second piece of the black hole generator.|
|88||10||"Trans-Dimensional Turtles"||Alan Wan||Brandon Auman||March 27, 2016||410||1.53|
The Turtles are transported to a parallel universe, where they meet their counterparts and together they battle Krang and Kraang Subprime. Both the Donatellos go to the mirage universe but only for a short time.Note: This episode had an early screening at WonderCon on March 26, 2016, a day before its broadcast date.
|89||11||"Revenge of the Triceratons"||Michael Chang & Ben Jones||Randolph Heard||April 3, 2016||411||1.45|
|Donatello is feeling inferior to the Fugitoid, but his intellect is put to the test when the Triceratons attack.|
|90||12||"The Evil of Dregg"||Sebastian Montes||Gavin Hignight||April 10, 2016||412||1.70|
|When Raphael loses his fighting mojo after seemingly being betrayed by Mona Lisa on Sectoid 1, he must overcome his feelings to save his brothers from certain doom at the hands of Lord Dregg and Armaggon.|
|91||13||"The Ever-Burning Fire"||Alan Wan||John Shirley||April 17, 2016||413||1.40|
|The Turles must overcome impossible odds like the Triceratons and Lord Dregg in order to obtain the final Black Hole Generator piece that is located on the lava planet of Magdomar, guarded by the cosmic alligator snapping turtle-like beast Tokka. In the end, they lose all three pieces and Mozar calls them at the end saying they are going to use the black hole generator on Earth.|
|92||14||"Earth's Last Stand"||Michael Chang & Ben Jones||Brandon Auman||April 24, 2016||414||1.64|
|As the team finally reaches Earth, the Fugitoid reveals a horrible secret about his past. He reveals that he was the creator of the Heart of Darkness. At the end of the episode, the turtles warn Splinter about Shredder's betrayal, while Fugitoid flies himself and his ship into the Triceraton mothership along with the Heart of Darkness to destroy it; taking the Triceratons and himself down with it. The Turtles, April and Casey mourn his ultimate sacrifice for their world. However, at the end of the episode, his head reactivates in the Triceraton rubble.|
|93||15||"City at War"||Sebastian Montes||Brandon Auman||August 14, 2016||415||1.51|
Weeks after the Triceratons were stopped, the Turtles now celebrates April's full transition as a kunoichi. They find out Karai has returned and she vowed to restore the Foot Clan and undo the damage the Shredder has done to the Clan with the help of her old friend from Japan, Shinigami. It is revealed that Shredder is alive but gravely injured from the previous episode who now uses mutagen provided by Stockman to speed up his recovery and to further increase his strength.Note: This episode had an early sneak peak at Comic Con 2016.
|94||16||"Broken Foot"||Alan Wan||Peter Di Cicco||August 21, 2016||416||1.46|
When Leonardo secretly allies himself with Karai who now has Foot Soldiers of her own he gets himself into deeper danger than he could have realized, such as Donatello getting injured from explosives and the Turtles and Karai close to death in the Foot Soldier Factory. In the end Karai no longer wants to go after Shredder's belongings but she wants to go after Shredder himself.Note: Raphael mentions that he wanted to dress up like a vigilante called "Nightwatcher," a reference to his alter-ego in TMNT. Leonardo's costume is a reference to the Foot Ninja outfit that he wore in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles when he was magically brainwashed by a witch Kitsume (in the City Falls saga) into believing that he worked for the Shredder.
|95||17||"The Insecta Trifecta"||Michael Chang & Ben Jones||Kevin Burke & Chris "Doc" Wyatt||August 28, 2016||417||1.40|
|Raphael must overcome his fear of insects to help the team when they are forced to battle Stockman-Fly's new insect minions Scumbug and Antrax, who have captured Casey Jones at the time when Shredder was recuperating.|
|96||18||"Mutant Gangland"||Sebastian Montes||Todd Casey||September 4, 2016||418||1.20|
|With the Shredder missing from the city, Don Vizioso desires to take over by having his gangster engineer highly advanced anti-mutant weapons that have been designed to incapacitate the Turtles and their fellow mutants. When Mondo Gecko and Donnie are abducted, it is up to Leo, Mikey, Raph, Slash, Leatherhead, and Dr. Rockwell to save them from being taken apart for the amusement of Don Vizioso. However, they must also deal with Don's strongest and most lethal of minions: Hammer.|
|97||19||"Bat in the Belfry"||Alan Wan||Eugene Son||September 11, 2016||419||1.47|
|Donnie experiments with April's fragment of the mystical Sol Star (which she is becoming quite obsessed with, due to its mighty power drastically strengthening and further developing her psionic abilities), but accidentally supercharges it with electricity, that stirs sudden sentience and autonomy in the crystal fragment. It then uses this to bring four of the main characters from Mikey's favorite comic book to life. Mikey easily befriends the heroes Wingnut and Screwloose, and he and Casey join them in stopping crime. But when they tell the two superheroes about the fact that they're fictional characters, and show them the Soul Star, it causes Wingnut and Screwloose to transform into insane monstrous forms. Meanwhile, Donatello becomes incessantly worried that the Sol Star fragment is affecting April's mental stability.|
|98||20||"The Super Shredder"||Rie Koga||Brandon Auman||November 6, 2016||420||1.47|
For the first time, the Turtles encounter something they cannot defeat - the Super Shredder! Now far stronger and more vicious than ever, Shredder has returned to put an end to Splinter and the Turtles once and for all. He captures Karai and challenges Splinter to another duel to the death. Meanwhile, the Turtles and April have to deal with Tiger Claw, Rahzar, and Fishface.
In the Undercity, the duel between Splinter and Super Shredder begins to heat up; particularly when Shredder's right arm begins to go out of control as a dangerous side effect of the highly unstable mutagen dosages Stockman-Fly had warned him of. The Turtles, April and Karai show up to assist Splinter, but are held up Chrome Domes. As Super Shredder prepares for the final blow, Splinter throws a knife at some smoke bombs, which causes the ledge to crumble and collapse, resulting in the longtime rivals to fall 1,000 feet into the abyss below; presumably to their deaths.Note: This episode had an early showing at Comic Con.
|99||21||"Darkest Plight"||Sebastian Montes||Randolph Heard||November 13, 2016||421||1.26|
The Turtles (along with April, Casey, and Karai) desperately hunt for Splinter, as Super Shredder is seen to have survived and has Bebop and Rocksteady make sure that Splinter is truly destroyed. Donnie, Mikey, Raph and Casey go to search the Undercity for Splinter with their grappling hooks; unaware that Bebop and Rocksteady are not far. Meanwhile Leo, Karai and April lure Tiger Claw and Super Shredder to the surface. Leo is separated from the two girls and left to battle Super Shredder all on his own. Fortunately, April uses her extraordinarily powerful telekinetic abilities against Super Shredder and succeeds in saving Karai from being crushed by a truck that contains sulfuric acid (thanks to the mystical Sol Star fragment further amplifying her psionic abilities), her eyes glow a bright blue and she smiles malevolently as she hurls it right back at Super Shredder.In the depths of the Undercity, a gravely injured and weakened Splinter is shocked to find the Rat King, who wants him back under his control. But is revealed to have been nothing more than hallucinations due to his fever. He is then rescued by a joyous Donnie and Mikey. At his new lair, Super Shredder demands more mutagen, which Tiger Claw adamantly refuses to allow, as it will destroy his entire being. However, he forces Stockman-Fly to inject the remaining dosages of the unstable mutagen into his system as Tiger Claw watches in terror and fear.
|100||22||"The Power Inside Her"||Alan Wan||Peter Di Cicco||November 20, 2016||422||1.21|
|Despite Leonardo's uncertainty, Donatello decides to do tests on April, but only ends up in further increasing her psionic abilities and being possessed by the corrupted spirit of an almighty elder Aeon from within the Sol Star fragment, by the name of Za-Naron. In the end, April succeeds in regaining control, putting an end to Za-Naron and breaking the Sol Star fragment. She apologizes for not listening to what they had warned her about the influence the crystal fragment had on her; particularly Donnie. She assures everyone that even without harnessing the power of the Aeons, she now has a better understanding of how to control her own psionic abilities.|
|101||23||"The Revenge of the Super Shredder"||TBA||TBA||TBA||423||TBA|
|After more Mutagen was being injected into Super Shredder's system, the Turtles and Karai will face a bigger threat!|
- ↑ "Peter DiCicco confirms that Season 4 has been extended to 26 episodes". Tumblr. October 8, 2015. Retrieved November 14, 2015.
- ↑ "Nickelodeon Renews 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' for Season 4 (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2 October 2015.
- 1 2 Eighties Teenage Mutant Mutant Ninja Turtles To Make Appearance On Current Animated Series Comicbook.com, Retrieved March 7, 2016
- 1 2 "Shows A-Z – teenage mutant ninja turtles on nickelodeon". The Futon Critic. Retrieved October 26, 2015.
- ↑ Porter, Rick (October 27, 2015). "Sunday cable ratings: 'Walking Dead' and 'Homeland' rise week to week". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 27, 2015.
- ↑ Porter, Rick (November 3, 2015). "Sunday cable ratings: 'Walking Dead' stable, plus 'The Librarians' premiere". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 3, 2015.
- ↑ Porter, Rick (November 10, 2015). "Sunday cable ratings: 'Walking Dead' dips, 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' premiere solid". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 10, 2015.
- ↑ Porter, Rick (November 17, 2015). "Sunday cable ratings: 'Into the Badlands' starts well for AMC". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 17, 2015.
- ↑ Porter, Rick (January 12, 2016). "Sunday cable ratings: 'Austin & Ally' series finale, 'Shameless' premiere and more". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved January 13, 2016.
- ↑ "Journey to the Center of Mikey's Mind". Zap2it. Retrieved 28 December 2015.
- ↑ Porter, Rick (January 20, 2016). "Sunday cable ratings: 'Shameless' rises in week 2, 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' stays on top". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved January 20, 2016.
- ↑ "The Arena of Carnage". Zap2it. Retrieved 28 December 2015.
- ↑ Porter, Rick (January 26, 2016). "Sunday cable ratings: 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' down but still leads". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved January 27, 2016.
- ↑ "The War for Dimension X". Zap2it. Retrieved 28 December 2015.
- ↑ Metcalf, Mitch (February 2, 2016). "SHOWBUZZDAILY's Top 100 Sunday Cable Originals (& Network Update): 1.31.2016". SHOWBUZZDAILY. Retrieved February 4, 2016.
- ↑ Metcalf, Mitch (March 13, 2016). "SHOWBUZZDAILY's Top 100 Sunday Cable Originals (& Network Update): 3.13.2016". SHOWBUZZDAILY. Retrieved March 18, 2016.
- ↑ Metcalf, Mitch (March 29, 2016). "SHOWBUZZDAILY's Top 100 Sunday Cable Originals (& Network Update): 3.27.2016". SHOWBUZZDAILY. Retrieved March 29, 2016.
- ↑ Metcalf, Mitch (April 5, 2016). "SHOWBUZZDAILY's Top 100 Sunday Cable Originals (& Network Update): 4.3.2016". SHOWBUZZDAILY. Retrieved April 10, 2016.
- ↑ Metcalf, Mitch (April 12, 2016). "SHOWBUZZDAILY's Top 100 Sunday Cable Originals (& Network Update): 4.10.2016". SHOWBUZZDAILY. Retrieved April 12, 2016.
- ↑ Metcalf, Mitch (April 19, 2016). "SHOWBUZZDAILY's Top 100 Sunday Cable Originals (& Network Update): 4.17.2016". SHOWBUZZDAILY. Retrieved May 8, 2016.
- ↑ Metcalf, Mitch (April 26, 2016). "SHOWBUZZDAILY's Top 100 Sunday Cable Originals (& Network Update): 4.24.2016". SHOWBUZZDAILY. Retrieved May 8, 2016.
- ↑ "'Brandon Auman confirms the next episode title on Instagram'". Instagram. Retrieved June 27, 2016.
- ↑ Metcalf, Mitch (August 16, 2016). "SHOWBUZZDAILY's Top 150 Sunday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 8.14.2016". SHOWBUZZDAILY. Retrieved August 17, 2016.
- ↑ Metcalf, Mitch (August 23, 2016). "SHOWBUZZDAILY's Top 150 Sunday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 8.21.2016". SHOWBUZZDAILY. Retrieved August 23, 2016.
- ↑ Metcalf, Mitch (August 30, 2016). "SHOWBUZZDAILY's Top 150 Sunday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 8.28.2016". SHOWBUZZDAILY. Retrieved August 31, 2016.
- ↑ Metcalf, Mitch (September 7, 2016). "Updated: SHOWBUZZDAILY's Top 100 Sunday Cable Originals (& Network Update): 9.4.2016". SHOWBUZZDAILY. Retrieved September 7, 2016.
- ↑ Metcalf, Mitch (September 13, 2016). "Updated: SHOWBUZZDAILY's Top 100 Sunday Cable Originals (& Network Update): 9.11.2016". SHOWBUZZDAILY. Retrieved September 21, 2016.
- ↑ Metcalf, Mitch (November 6, 2016). "SHOWBUZZDAILY's Top 150 Sunday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 11.6.2016". SHOWBUZZDAILY. Retrieved November 10, 2016.
- ↑ Metcalf, Mitch (November 13, 2016). "SHOWBUZZDAILY's Top 150 Sunday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 11.13.2016". SHOWBUZZDAILY. Retrieved November 16, 2016.
- ↑ Metcalf, Mitch (November 20, 2016). "SHOWBUZZDAILY's Top 150 Sunday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 11.20.2016". SHOWBUZZDAILY. Retrieved November 24, 2016.
- ↑ ""The Revenge of the Super Shredder" on Zap2it". Zap2it. Retrieved November 24, 2016.
- ↑ "Gwendoline Yeo confirms new Season 4 titles". Twitter. September 25, 2016.
- ↑ "Gwendoline Yeo confirms new Season 4 titles". Twitter. September 25, 2016.