Sky on Fire
|Sky on Fire|
|Directed by||Ringo Lam|
Daniel Wu |
Heli Chen'guang International Media
Dongyang Hualu Baina Entertainment
Tianjin Maoyan Media
H&R Century Pictures
|Distributed by||Tianjin Maoyan Media|
|Box office||CN¥31 million|
Sky on Fire is a 2016 Chinese suspense action film directed by Ringo Lam and starring Daniel Wu, Zhang Ruoyun, Zhang Jingchu, Joseph Chang and Amber Kuo. It was released in China by Tianjin Maoyan Media on November 25, 2016.
- Daniel Wu
- Zhang Ruoyun
- Zhang Jingchu
- Joseph Chang
- Amber Kuo
- Fan Guang-yao
- Wayne Lai
- Philip Keung
- Cheung Siu-fai
- Ying Batu
During filming, actor Daniel Wu hurt his nose during the filming of an action scene when it collided with Li Haitao's head. This lead him to collapse after the impact. Li Haitao brought him a bag of ice and was able to re-adjust his nose.
Edmund Lee of the South China Morning Post gave the film two stars out of five, noting that "the use of a futuristic setting that feels jarringly at odds with the touch of gritty realism prevalent in Lam’s action thrillers" and that the film "made no sense" and was in "desperate need for a script doctor".
- "冲天火（2016）". cbooo.cn (in Chinese). Retrieved November 28, 2016.
- "冲天火 (2016)". movie.douban.com (in Chinese). douban.com. Retrieved November 25, 2016.
- "Daniel Wu gets nose injury in 'Sky on Fire'". China Internet Information Center. 7 November 2016. Retrieved 25 November 2016.
- Shackleton, Liz (8 October 2016). "Busan: Distribution Workshop sets Ringo Lam's 'Sky On Fire'". Screen Daily. Retrieved 25 November 2016.
- "'Sky on Fire' promoted in Beijing". China Internet Information Center. 14 November 2016.
- Lee, Edmund (25 November 2016). "Film review: Sky on Fire – Ringo Lam misfires with unconvincing thriller". South China Morning Post. Retrieved 25 November 2016.