|First appearance||Pinocchio, 1940|
|Created by||Walt Disney|
Figaro is probably best known as the pet cat of Mister Geppetto and Pinocchio. He has also starred independently in a number of Disney shorts, as the pet cat of Minnie Mouse, which was a common theme for Disney characters to be juxtaposed from movies to cartoon shorts. Three of the cartoons he appeared in were his own cartoons; "Figaro and Cleo" (1943), "Bath Day" (1946) and "Figaro and Frankie" (1947). Similar to Pluto, Figaro is one of the few Disney characters who is not anthropomorphized, but just a normal cat. In the 1970s Disney mini-comics, Figaro not only "guest-starred" with other Disney characters/comics but had his own column on various Felines as "Figaro's Feline Friends". After nearly a 50-year hiatus of not being in any new Disney cartoons, Figaro, like many other Disney characters of the 1940s and 1950s, was cast as a customer in Disney's House of Mouse. While the video game Kingdom Hearts featured a level taking place inside Monstro's belly and included Pinocchio, Gepetto and Cleo, Figaro was absent (although he does appear in the manga based on the first game). Figaro's most recent appearance has been in several episodes of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Minnie's Bow-Toons.
Figaro is the mascot of RAF Ace Ian Gleed's Hawker Hurricanes during, and after, the Battle of Britain and his Spitfire Mk. Vb Trop which he flew while he was in action over the Western Desert and the Mediterranean during the middle of the war.
- Pinocchio (1940 Shown here with Cleo and Jiminy Cricket)
- Figaro and Cleo (1943)
- Victory Vehicles (1943)
- First Aiders (1944)
- Donald's Crime (1945) (shown rummaging in rubbish bin)
- Bath Day (1946)
- Figaro and Frankie (1947)
- Cat Nap Pluto (1948)
- Pluto's Sweater (1949)
- Disney's Halloween Treat (1982) (excerpts from Pluto's Sweater and Cat Nap Pluto)
- Mickey Mouse Works (1999)
- Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas (1999)
- Disney's House of Mouse (2001–2003)
- Disney's Magical Mirror Starring Mickey Mouse (2002, cameo)
- Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (2006–2016)
- Minnie's Bow-Toons (2011–present)
- Markus, D. H. "Wing Commander Ian Richard Gleed". Retrieved 2011-06-04.
- Figaro at the Internet Movie Database
- Figaro at the INDUCKS
- Figaro at Don Markstein's Toonopedia. Archived from the original on July 25, 2016.