The Rock of Souls
|The Rock of Souls
Carlos López Moctezuma
Miguel Angel Ferriz
|Jose W. Bustos
The Rock of Souls (Spanish: El Peñón de las Ánimas) is a Mexican movie of 1942, directed by Miguel Zacarías and starred by Jorge Negrete and María Félix. It is the first movie to star María Félix, one of the legendary female stars of the Golden Age of Mexican cinema.
In a little town in Mexico, the rivalry between the families of Manuel (Jorge Negrete) and María Ángela Valdivia (María Félix) for the domain of a property known as El Peñón de las Ánimas prevents the love between the two young lovers.
Is the first movie of the legendary María Félix. For the movie, Jorge Negrete had asked his girlfriend, the actress Gloria Marín. But Félix was imposed by the director, which led to a series of altercations between the couple. Ten years later they got married.
- Jorge Negrete as Fernando Iturriaga
- María Félix as María Ángela Valdivia
- René Cardona as Manuel
- Miguel Ángel Ferriz as Don Braulio
- Carlos López Moctezuma as María Ángela's grandfather
- Virginia Manzano as Rosa
- Conchita Gentil Arcos as Madame
- Manuel Dondé as Macario
- Roberto Cañedo
- Julio Ahuet
- Hernán Vera
- Paco Astol
- Paco Martínez
- Trío Calaveras
- Armando Sáenz
- Linda Christian
- Cecilia Leger as Modista
- Manuel Pozos as Señor gobernador
- Humberto Rodríguez as Invitado al baile
- Baugh, Scott L. Latino American Cinema: An Encyclopedia of Movies, Stars, Concepts, and Trends. ABC-CLIO, 2012.