Made in Bristol
|Made in Bristol|
|Launched||8 October 2014|
|Owned by||Made Television|
|Picture format||576i (16:9 SDTV)|
Local TV Macro Network:|
0.01% (September 2015 , BARB)
|Headquarters||Abbey Wood Business Park, Bristol|
Made in Birmingham|
Made in Cardiff
Made in Leeds
Made in Liverpool
Made in Tyne & Wear
|Virgin Media||Channel 159|
Made in Bristol is a local television station serving Bristol and surrounding areas. The station is owned and operated by Made Television Ltd and forms part of a group of six city-based TV stations. It broadcasts from studios and offices at Abbey Wood Business Park in the Filton suburb of Bristol.
In September 2012, the broadcast regulator OFCOM announced Made Television had been awarded a licence to broadcast the local TV service for the Bristol area, serving a potential audience of around 330,000 viewers. The company was unopposed in bidding for the licence.
The station began broadcasting on Freeview, Sky and Virgin Media platforms at 8pm on Wednesday 8 October 2014 - the first of Made TV's stations to be launched. After three months on air, Made in Bristol claimed a weekly audience of around 168,000 viewers. The advertising section of the Made in Bristol TV website shows the channel now receives an average of 91,000 viewers per week.
The station's flagship programme is the twice-nightly news programme, #BristolNews, airing each weeknight at 6pm and 9pm respectively, with hour-long review editions airing on Saturdays and Sundays at 6pm. The main feature programmes are the magazine show, The Lowdown Bristol, which airs at 6.30pm on weeknights, and the twice-weekly sports magazine Subs Bench, on Monday and Friday evenings at 7pm.
Other local feature shows produced by the channel include The Bristol Lifestyle Show, newspaper review show Press Pitt and documentary series Restless Spirits. Programmes produced by the other Made TV stations in Birmingham, Cardiff, Leeds, Liverpool and Tyne & Wear also air on the channel along with acquired programming from other broadcasters, including local TV stations around the UK.
- Local TV in Bristol: Made in Bristol awarded licence by Ofcom, recombu.com, 19 September 2012
- First Welsh local TV station prepares for launch, OFCOM, 15 October 2014
- Made in Bristol viewing figures revealed, Made in Bristol, 8 January 2015
- Made in Bristol to move up on Freeview, Made in Bristol, 4 April 2016
- The manager of Cardiff's local TV channel has left – so it's going to be run from Bristol, WalesOnline, 20 February 2016
- OFCOM allows six local TV stations to cut back on local programming, news and current affairs, Press Gazette, 8 October 2015
- The 6 and The 9, Made in Bristol
- Made in Bristol programmes