Lego DC Comics Super Heroes: Justice League vs. Bizarro League
|Lego DC Comics Super Heroes:|
Justice League vs. Bizarro League
|Directed by||Brandon Vietti|
|Screenplay by||Michael Jelenic|
|Distributed by||Warner Home Video|
Lego DC Comics Super Heroes: Justice League vs. Bizarro League is a direct-to-video Computer animated comedy film based on the Lego and DC Comics brands, released on February 10, 2015 on Blu-ray and DVD. This is the third Lego DC Comics film following Lego Batman: The Movie – DC Super Heroes Unite and Lego DC Comics: Batman Be-Leaguered. Some actors from various DC properties reprise their respective roles, including Nolan North as Superman, Khary Payton as Cyborg, Diedrich Bader as Green Lantern (Guy Gardner) and Tom Kenny as The Penguin and Plastic Man.
In Metropolis, the civilians are living their everyday lives until Superman arrives to save them much to their confusion, as there was nothing to be saved from. As it turns out, it was actually Bizarro who arrived and he mistakes an octopus ride in a playground as a real gigantic octopus being tortured by children. Luckily, Superman arrives to fix Bizarro's mess. Superman quickly decides that Bizarro needs a home away from Earth so he won't cause trouble and takes Bizarro to a cubic planet with backwards physics. Bizarro soon comes to accept his new home and decides to stay.
After one year passes, Giganta is seen attacking Metropolis. While the Justice League deals with her, Batman soon discovers there's more to the rampage then meets the eye. As it turns out, Gorilla Grodd used his telepathic helmet to take control of Penguin, Deathstroke, Captain Cold, and Giganta so that he could steal vital technology and bananas while Giganta distracted the League. After knocking off Grodd's helmet, Penguin, Deathstroke and Captain Cold turn on Gorilla Grodd and use the stolen tech for themselves. The Justice League then splits up to take down the villains: Flash captures Captain Cold, Plastic Man catches Deathstroke, Green Arrow apprehends the Penguin, Batman defeats Gorilla Grodd, and Wonder Woman, Superman and Green Lantern Corps member Guy Gardner continue battling Giganta. Although he joined the Justice League, Batman still considers Superman mistrustworthy. Victorious, the League returns to the Hall of Justice where Batman and Wonder Woman notice news footage of Superman breaking into LexCorp Tower. Superman recalls no memory of this and takes Batman, Wonder Woman, Guy Gardner and Cyborg to investigate.
They soon discover it was Bizarro who broke in and it was for a reason: to steal the LexCorp duplicator ray that created him. Bizarro then blasts Batman, Wonder Woman, Cyborg and Guy with the ray creating Bizarro versions of themselves, dubbed Batzarro, Bizarra, Cyzarro and Greenzarro. Bizarro takes his newly formed "Bizarro League" back to Bizarro World, but not before taking a bomb. The Justice League decide to follow them. As they leave, Lex Luthor discovers that the bomb Bizarro took was a kryptonite bomb he planned to use on Superman.
As the Justice League enters the atmosphere of Bizarro World, their vehicles dismantle. As it turns out, the planet was filled with odd gold rocks which emitted a radiation (dubbed "Weirdiation" by Cyborg) that messed up the powers and technology of anyone who wasn't Kryptonian or a Bizarro being. The radiation renders Wonder Woman powerless and frequently trips her, limits Guy's constructs to chickens and causes Cyborg to fall apart, leaving Superman and Batman as the only unaffected Justice Leaguers. They soon notice the Bizarro League battling Darkseid's forces, who have invaded the planet. After rescuing the Bizarro League from being crushed by Desaad's weaponry, the Justice League learns that Darkseid invaded to steal the gold rocks and harness the "weirdiation" for a weapon that would be used to render Earth's defences (including its heroes) completely useless. The Justice League team up with the Bizarro League to take on Darkseid's forces.
As Superman battles Darkseid, Bizarro uses the kryptonite bomb, believing it will help Superman. Unfortunately, Superman is immediately harmed and put in a coma. Enraged, Bizarro focuses his anger on Darkseid and defeats him and his forces, forcing them to retreat. However, both teams mourn over the loss of Superman and Batman finally sees the good in Superman. However, Bizarro states that Superman will live and uses his vortex breath to absorb the kryptonite radiation and save Superman. Waking up from his coma, Superman finally embraces Bizarro and now considers him his twin brother. The Bizarro League then help the Justice League get home.
- Troy Baker as Bruce Wayne/Batman, Batzarro
- Nolan North as Superman, Bizarro
- Diedrich Bader as Green Lantern / Guy Gardner, Greenzarro
- John DiMaggio as Lex Luthor, Deathstroke
- Tom Kenny as Penguin, Plastic Man
- Phil Morris as Green Arrow, Hawkman
- Khary Payton as Cyborg, Cyzarro
- Kevin Michael Richardson as Captain Cold, Gorilla Grodd
- James Arnold Taylor as Flash, Desaad
- Tony Todd as Darkseid
- Kari Wahlgren as Wonder Woman, Bizarra
- April Winchell as Giganta
- Harvey, Jim. "Initial Cast, Crew Details For "Lego DC Comics Super Heroes: Justice League VS. Bizarro League" Animated Feature". World's Finest. Retrieved 2015-01-08.
- Steve Younis (January 25, 2015). Interview with Troy Baker for "LEGO DC Comics Super Heroes: Justice League vs. Bizarro League" (YouTube). Interview with T.A. Ewart. Retrieved January 26, 2015.
- Steve Younis (January 25, 2015). Interview with James Arnold Taylor for "Justice League vs. Bizarro League" (YouTube). Interview with T.A. Ewart. Retrieved January 26, 2015.
- Lego Justice League vs. Bizzaro League Closing Credits
- Lego DC Comics Super Heroes: Justice League vs. Bizarro League at the Internet Movie Database
- Lego DC Comics Super Heroes: Justice League vs. Bizarro League at Rotten Tomatoes