|Origin||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|Occupation(s)||Musician, record producer|
Jerry Riopelle is a musician and record producer raised in Tampa, Florida, and known primarily for his hard rock performances and for his record production.
Riopelle began his music career in the 1960s in Los Angeles working as an independent record producer. He played drums for the Hollywood Argyles and later signed with Screen Gems as a staff songwriter. At Screen Gems, he wrote and produced, along with Clydie King, a single called "The Thrill is Gone". This exposure helped Riopelle land staff writer and producer job with Phil Spector at Philles Records.
Riopelle had his first charting record as producer of "Home of the Brave," which as recorded by Bonnie & The Treasures reached #77 on the Billboard Hot 100 in the summer of 1965. He later produced top 40 singles for The Parade (he was a member) and April Stevens & Nino Tempo. This led to an opportunity to work as an A&M Records producer and a role as a staff writer at Irving Music.
Riopelle produced and wrote for The Parade, Brewer & Shipley, We Five, and Shango. His songs have been covered by Leon Russell, Herb Alpert, Kenny Loggins, Rita Coolidge, Meat Loaf, and others. Jerry also wrote various pieces for Hollywood TV shows and films.
Became popular in Arizona during the 1970s, highlighted by his hugely popular and rousing New Year's Eve performances at a local Phoenix venue called Celebrity Theatre, featuring a revolving stage. Well known national acts opened for HIM on these occasions including The Dixie Dregs and others.
Family and Current Projects
Jerry and Paul are co-founders of the Beamz music system and serve as company executives for beamz Interactive.
|1972|| Second Album
|1974|| Saving Grace
|1975|| Take a Chance
|1999|| Tongue N Groove
- Jerry Riopelle - Capitol ST-732 - 1971
- Jerry Riopelle -(re issue) Capitol SM-732 - 1977
- The Second Album - Capitol ST-863 - 1972
- The Second Album -(re issue) Capitol SM-863 - 1977
- Saving Grace - ABC ABCX-827 - 1974
- Saving Grace -(Ariola Holland) ABC 27 205 ET - 1974
- Take A Chance - ABC ABCD-886 - 1975
- Take A Chance -(RCA Canada) - 1975
- Little Bit At A Time - Little Eskimo 7 - 1977
- In The Round - Little Eskimo 8 - 1978
- In The Round - (Ariola Holland) - 1979
- Dangerous Stranger - Little Eskimo 9 - 1979
- Dangerous Stranger - (Ariola Holland) - 1979
- Juicy Talk - Little Eskimo 10 - 1982
- Livin’ The Life (UK import)- See For Miles SEE 70 - 1986
- Little Bit At A Time - Little Eskimo LE 7 - 1977
- In The Round - Little Eskimo LE-C-8 - 1978
- In The Round (2 extra songs)*-Little Eskimo LE-CX-8 - 1990
- Dangerous Stranger - Little Eskimo LE 9 - 1979
- Juicy Talk - Little Eskimo LE 10 - 1982
- Hands On - Little Eskimo LE 11 - 1988
- In The Blood* - Indio LE-CDX 1122 - 1998
- Note these cassettes made especially for Celebrity Theater New Year shows.
- Hands On - Little Eskimo LECD 11 - 1986
- In The Blood - Indio ICD-9303 - 1993
- Hush Money - Mesa R2 79078 - 1994
- Tongue 'n' Groove - Evening Star/Little Eskimo LE 2000 - 2000
- Tongue 'n' Groove (+In The Round) - Evening Star/Little Eskimo LE 2000X - 2000
- The Works 1970-2000 - Little Eskimo LE 2005 - 2005
- In the Round-Deluxe - Little Eskimo LE 2009 - 2009