Geronimo Stilton (TV series)
|Directed by||Guy Vasilovich|
Richard Ian Cox
|Country of origin||Italy|
|No. of seasons||3|
|No. of episodes||78|
Christopne Di Sabatino
|Running time||24 minutes (approx.)|
|Original release||September 15, 2009 – present|
On April 15, 2011, Atlantyca Entertainment and MoonScoop announced they would continue the series with a second season of twenty-six episodes, which premiered in Italy on October 24, 2011. A third season is still in production with France-based studio Superprod as of January 2016.
Atlantyca Entertainment, the owner of the rights, has decided to develop and produce the animated series. 26 episodes of 22 minutes have been produced for the first two seasons. On 14 October 2014, Atlantyca Entertainment took advantage of the MIPCOM event to announce its deal with France-based studio Superprod to produce The New Adventures of Geronimo Stilton, with the participation of Italy's Rai. The brand new cartoon will feature faster moving stories of internationally renowned mouse-journalist Geronimo Stilton. According to Italy news from website, Atlantyca Entertainment has announced the 1st episode of third season to be aired by October 2016 on Rai 2.
Geronimo Stilton: He is not only the publisher of the humble The Rodent's Gazette, but also the president of the Stilton Media Group. His love of knowledge is his main strength in the cartoon, as well as his sense of ethics and morals. He is still a bit of a klutz, and this will no doubt be the main source of humor for the series. It is revealed that he actually leads one of the most successful Publications Groups in the world.Voiced by Brian Drummond. He is the older brother of Thea Stilton, the uncle of Benjamin Stilton, and also the cousin of Trap Stilton.
Thea Stilton: Thea is Geronimo's younger sister, and is the complete opposite of Geronimo when it comes to adventure. In the books she doesn't really notice or help Geronimo when he is in trouble but in the TV series she usually helps him. She loves it almost as much as she loves riding her motorcycle or flying her plane. A special correspondent for The Rodent's Gazette, Thea is always on call to transport the team to new adventures, and is always ready to jump into action. Voiced by Sarah Edmondson.
Trap Stilton: Trap is Geronimo's cousin. Trap doesn't work for The Rodent's Gazette, but travels along with Geronimo when he is called on. Trap is a bit of a joker and loves to play tricks on people, especially Geronimo, who he considers to be gullible. Trap has a big heart and he doesn't play jokes to be mean. Geronimo thinks Trap should join the real world while Trap thinks Geronimo should lighten up. Voiced by Richard Cox.
Benjamin Stilton: Benjamin is the 12-year-old nephew of Geronimo in the cartoon (9-year-old in the books), and is described as a "near-genius" at computers and electronics. He is dynamic and perk (though a little impatient at times) and loves skateboarding and sports as much as he loves computers. He works with his uncle at The Rodent's Gazette, running a computer news blog after school. He likes to come up with funky sayings such as "We're on the crazy train to Cheese Town!". Very different from the book. Voiced by Erin Mathews.
Pandora Woz: Known as Bugsy Wugsy in the book series, Pandora is Benjamin's best friend. Pandora is very enthusiastic about the adventures that Geronimo travels on, and she often comes along for the ride. She likes Thea, because they share a similar, high-spirited enthusiasm for life. Pandora also likes to play jokes on Geronimo, so she and Trap get along really well. Pandora has a tendency to get distracted easily, which can lead her into danger. Pandora also has a hamster known as "Mr. Nibbles". Pandora was later found out to be Geronimo's niece. Voiced by Moneca Stori.
Sally Ratmousen: Sally Ratmousen is the main antagonist in the cartoon. She is the publisher of The Daily Rat, which is "The Rodent's Gazette"'s competitor. Sally appears as the primary cause of trouble for the Stilton crew when they are in New Mouse City, and she has a personal grudge against Geronimo Stilton. Voiced by Patricia Drake.
Simon Squealer: Simon works for The Daily Rat as the personal assistant of Sally Ratmousen. Simon would do any dirty business for Sally, not because of dedication to the story, the company or to Sally. Simon protects his job at all costs, and is known to go to great lengths to dig up dirt on some famous mouse in New Mouse City. Voiced by Brian Drummond.
William Shortpaws: William is Geronimo's grandfather, and he started his newspaper empire by selling newspapers as a child. Now he oversees Geronimo's operation of his company, and knows exactly the way he wants things to be. Every now and then (when Geronimo least expects it), he will drop into The Rodent's Gazette to check on how Geronimo is doing.
Differences from the books and TV series
- Geronimo does not wear glasses.
- Many of the characters in the TV series had changed almost completely from their book counterparts. Some of their characteristics are even switched around. For example, Geronimo is much braver in the show than he was in the books, while Trap is more easily frightened as opposed to being the one to convince Geronimo not to be afraid.
- In the book Trap was not the smartest but he had some sense of reason for his actions, which in the show are instead non-existent and he show less intelligence that his novel version.
- In the books Geronimo's family usually don't help Geronimo when he is in trouble unless he "really" needs it and tell him to deal with it by himself. However, in the TV series they usually help him more often.
- In the TV series Geronimo's grandfather William Shortpaws usually doesn't say to go back to work after a bestselling story instead he gives a very good comment to him. In the books he usually is very impatient with Geronimo and always sent him to work right after a bestselling story.
- Benjamin is 12 years old. In the books, he is 9 years old.
- In the TV series, Benjamin is shown as a hip, super genius that likes skateboarding. When in the book, he is shown to be a very polite young mouse who would rather watch and learn from his uncle, and write down things he finds than do any sport related things. His character is completely changed.
- In the TV series, there is no mention or prove of the existence of Cats and of the Cats' Island and therefore all "feline" characters of the Stilton's books doesn't exist in the TV series.
The series was released on Region 1 DVD in separate English and French versions by Imavision in Canada.
|Geronimo Stilton Volume 1||August 24, 2010||13|
|Geronimo Stilton Volume 2||March 29, 2011||13|
|Geronimo Stilton Volume 3||August 21, 2012||13|
|Geronimo Stilton Volume 4||December 7, 2012||13|
|2010||Cartoons On the Bay, Pulcinella Awards||TV Series for Kids||Geronimo Stilton||Nominated|
- "'Geronimo Stilton' Licensing Progress". Aaron H. Bynum. 2007-10-01. Retrieved 2010-01-21.
- "Second Season of Geronimo Stilton Ordered". Thomas J. Mclean. 2010-04-15. Retrieved 2010-05-23.
- "Third Season of 'Geronimo Stilton' Goes into Production". Animation Magazine. Retrieved 2 October 2015.
- "Atlantyca, Superprod Team Up for New 'Geronimo Stilton' Series". Animation Magazine. Retrieved 2 October 2015.
- "Geronimo Stilton Show Debuts". Mipcom 08. 2008-08-14. Retrieved 2010-05-27.
- "Geronimo Stilton in Spagna". Atlantyca. Retrieved 2 October 2015.
Le Nuove avventure di Geronimo Stilton verrà lanciata in contemporanea in ottobre 2016 sul seguitissimo canale per bambini Clan TVE e su Super 3, canale tematico di TV3.
- "Geronimo Stilton V1". Amazon.ca. 2010. Retrieved 26 August 2010.
- "GERONIMO STILTON V2". Amazon.ca. 2011. Retrieved 3 March 2011.
- "Geronimo Stilton, Volume 3, Coffret". Imavision.com. 2012. Retrieved 24 August 2012.
- "Geronimo Stilton, Volume 4, Coffret". Imavision.com. 2012. Retrieved 24 November 2012.
- "Geronimo Stilton Nominated For Award". Geronimo Stilton News Site. March 4, 2010. Retrieved 27 August 2010.
- "Universal Distributing Geronimo Stilton DVDs in Europe". Animation Magazine. October 22, 2009. Retrieved 2010-05-29.
- "Geronimo Stilton Nickelodeon premier". MTV Networks. September 18, 2009. Retrieved 2010-05-29.
- "Geronimo Stilton MTV". MTV Networks. September 18, 2009. Retrieved 2010-05-29.
- "Geronimo Stilton Lands Deals In Eastern Europe". Toonzone.net. 2009. Retrieved 29 June 2010.
- "Geronimo Stilton - Vídeos y juegos de Clan TV - RTVE.es". www.rtve.es (in Spanish). Retrieved 2016-11-07.
- "Geronimo Stilton - Canal Panda España". Canal Panda España (in Spanish). Retrieved 2016-11-07.
- "Geronimo Stilton SRC". CBC/Société Radio-Canad. April 2, 2013. Retrieved 2013-04-02.
- "Geronimo Stilton Production Details". Atlantyca. 2009. Retrieved 2010-05-29.
- "Geronimo Stilton Details". Moonscoop. 2009. Retrieved 2011-05-29.
- "Geronimo Stilton Sales". License Magazine Online. 2009. Retrieved 29 June 2010.
- "Geronimo Stilton bei fernsehserien.de" (in German). fernsehserien.de. 2012. Retrieved 2016-11-07.
- "Logi". HOT. Retrieved 2010-08-02.
- "Geronimo Stilton V4". Amazon.ca. 2013. Retrieved 15 February 2013.
- Geronimo Stilton at the Internet Movie Database