Not to be confused with Discovery Toys, a company unrelated to Discovery Communications.
Discovery Kids is a brand name owned by Discovery Communications. Starting as a television segment within the Discovery channel, which aired shows such as Mystery Hunters, the brand was expanded as a separate television channel. The brand was expanded into different areas since then. Most of the channels worldwide were either rebranded as or replaced by another, but the brand still exists as the website for children's activities and as the consumer products aimed at children.
- Current television channels
- Discovery Kids (Australia)
- Discovery Kids (Latin America)
- Discovery Kids en Español, an American Spanish language daytime programming block on Discovery Familia
- Discovery Kids HD (MENA) on beIN Channels Network channel 141
- Former channels
- Discovery Kids (Canada), replaced by Nickelodeon with separate CRTC license on November 2, 2009
- Discovery Kids (UK), timeshared with Discovery Wings, both channels were replaced by Discovery Turbo on February 28, 2007
- Discovery Kids (United States), turned into a joint venture with Hasbro, and renamed to The Hub, then Hub Network, and now Discovery Family since October 13, 2014.
This article is issued from Wikipedia - version of the 12/4/2016. The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share Alike but additional terms may apply for the media files.