|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|Headquarters location||Vauxhall, London|
|Nonfiction topics||Politics, economics, gender studies, development studies, environment|
Zed publishes books for an international audience of both general and academic readers, covering areas such as politics and global current affairs, economics, gender studies and sexualities, development studies and the environment.
Zed Books' business model and structure are unique to the publishing industry. It is the world's largest English-language publishing collective. The company is owned and managed as a non-hierarchical co-operative by its workers, without any shareholders. It publishes around 70 books per year, providing many to the academic market and to university courses.
- "Roger van Zwanenberg". www.dofdifference.org. Retrieved 2016-09-04.
- "When Yanis Varoufakis stepped up, so did Zed Books…". The Guardian. 2015-03-22. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 2016-09-04.
- "Zed Books Celebrates 25 Years of International Publishing. (Books). - Free Online Library". www.thefreelibrary.com. Retrieved 2016-09-04.
- Adewunmi, Bim (2014-07-13). "Assata Shakur: from civil rights activist to FBI's most-wanted". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 2016-09-14.
- Hern, Alex (2016-05-13). "Publisher's Facebook page deleted after posting criticism of Turkish government". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 2016-09-14.