|Launched||15 August 2016|
|Network||World is One News|
|Owned by||Essel Group|
576i 16:9 SDTV|
1080i 16:9 HDTV
|Slogan||World is One Family|
|Broadcast area||Around Asia, South Asia|
|Headquarters||Wion News Central,12th Floor, Greater Noida, India|
|Replaced||Zee News English|
|Dish TV||Channel 605|
|Airtel Digital TV||Channel 318|
|Videocon D2H||Channel 367|
|Reliance Digital TV||Channel 459|
|AsiaSat 7||3706 MHz|
|Indovision (Indonesia)||Channel 331|
|Tata Sky (India)||Channel 628|
|TVB Network Vision (Hong Kong)||Channel 92|
|Cignal Digital TV (Philippines)||Channel 451|
|K+ (Vietnam)||Channel 109|
|Videocon D2H (India)||Channel 367|
|StarHub TV (Singapore)||
Channel 156 (SD)|
Channel 186 (HD)
|Mediacorp (via SCTV socket) Singapore||Channel 30 (UHF 543.25 MHz)|
|SkyCable (Philippines)||Channel 106 (Digital)|
|Destiny Cable (Philippines)||
Channel 21 (Analog) |
Channel 109 (Digital)
|Pioneer Cable Vision Inc. (PCVI) |
(Baybay City, Leyte, Philippines)
|Channel 6 (SD)|
|Cablelink (Philippines)||Channel 214|
|TransACT (Australia)||Channel 251|
|First Media (Indonesia)||Channel 322|
|Cable TV (Hong Kong)||Channel 78|
|ABNXcess (Malaysia)||Channel 23|
|AVG (Vietnam)||Channel 17|
|Singtel TV (Singapore)||Channel 6 (HD) / 153 (HD)|
|DittoTV (India)||Channel 98|
|DETV (Malaysia)||Channel 122|
|now TV (Hong Kong)||Channel 322|
|YuppTV (Worldwide)||Channel 734|
|FetchTV (Australia)||Channel 186|
|Live Streaming (International)|
|Live Streaming (India)|
World Is One News (WION) is an international news entity with headquarters in India. Its website was launched on June 15, 2016 and the TV channel on August 15, 2016 as a free to air satellite service in 37 countries.
The channel is a venture by Essel Group, India's largest media conglomerate.
WION stands for "World is One News" which is inspired by the Group’s motto, Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam (The World is One Family). The channel reports global news and issues from South Asia. The new venture aims to tell global news with an unbiased approach.
The founding team consists of Emmy-nominated producer Rohit Gandhi as editor-in-chief  and other internationally known journalists and media producers including Mandy Clark, former CBS correspondent, Mithaq Kazimi, media producer and distributor, Archith Seshadri, former CNN anchor and Tathagata Bhattacharya, former editor at Network18 among others.
Formerly speculated as Zee News English, the group CEO Subhash Chandra announced its name on March as WION.
WION targets International news stories with South Asian perspective. Instead of broadcasting the local news reports from India, WION broadcast international news content delivered by its correspondents across the globe. The staff is consist with the mixture of young and seasonal correspondents with diverse nationality who deliver the news reports around the world. Its news-gathering teams will be equipped with mobile technology for an ‘anytime-anywhere’ live approach.
- ↑ "WION on Periscope: "WION launch"". Periscope.tv. 2016-06-15. Retrieved 2016-09-17.
- ↑ "Atlanta's Archith Seshadri debuts as anchor on Zee Media's global English news channel". NRI Pulse. Retrieved 2016-09-17.
- ↑ Zee Television. "Zee Television Corporate Website: Company News, Financial Results". zeetelevision.com. Retrieved 2016-03-21.
- ↑ "Zee Media names its Global English News Channel – 'WION' (World Is One News) | Zee News". zeenews.india.com. Retrieved 2016-03-21.
- ↑ "Zee Group To Launch English News Channel, Hires Rohit Gandhi As Editor-In-Chief". huffingtonpost.in. Retrieved 2016-03-21.
- ↑ "Zee in talks with CNN for English-language channel, says Subhash Chandra | TelevisionPost.com". televisionpost.com. Retrieved 2016-03-21.
- ↑ "Zee Media to launch English news broadcast, appoints Rohit Gandhi as editor-in-chief". firstpost.com. Retrieved 2016-03-21.
- ↑ "CBS News Hires Digital Journalist Based in Afghanistan". www.adweek.com. Retrieved 2016-09-03.
- ↑ "CNN International Editor Off to Anchor in India". www.adweek.com. Retrieved 2016-09-03.
- ↑ "Zee's global English news channel named WION | Business Standard News". business-standard.com. Retrieved 2016-03-21.